• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Have Any Cake Testers.

In summary, a cake tester is a specialized tool used to test the doneness of baked goods, particularly cakes. It has a long, thin probe and is inserted into the center of the cake. It is more accurate and prevents damage compared to using toothpicks or knives. It can also be used for other baked goods but may not be as effective for thicker ones. Cake testers can be cleaned with warm soapy water and should not be used for mixing ingredients.
staceychef2005
I am looking for them for couple of people i know. I guess Pampered chef stop selling them. I am looking to buy around 5 of them if you only have one please let me know. I really need about 5 of them. Thanks please let me know.

You can contact British Chef and see if she can get you a few before they are discontinued in the UK.

Related to Does Anyone Have Any Cake Testers.

What is a cake tester and how is it used?

A cake tester is a small tool used to test the doneness of baked goods, particularly cakes. It typically has a long, thin metal or wooden probe that is inserted into the center of the cake. If the tester comes out clean, without any batter or crumbs, the cake is fully cooked.

Why should I use a cake tester instead of a toothpick or knife?

While toothpicks or knives can also be used to test the doneness of cakes, a cake tester is specifically designed for this purpose. The long, thin probe allows for a more accurate and consistent reading. It also prevents the cake from being damaged or ruined by multiple insertions.

Can I use a cake tester for other types of baked goods?

Yes, a cake tester can be used to test the doneness of other baked goods such as bread, muffins, and even brownies. However, it may not be as effective for denser or thicker baked goods, so it is best to use a toothpick or knife for those.

How do I clean and maintain a cake tester?

Cake testers are typically made of stainless steel or wood, so they can be washed with warm soapy water after each use. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing. If using a wooden tester, it is recommended to oil it occasionally to prevent cracking.

Can I use a cake tester to stir or mix ingredients?

No, a cake tester should only be used for testing the doneness of baked goods. Using it to stir or mix ingredients can damage the probe and make it less effective for testing. It is best to use a separate utensil for mixing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amerrigan
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • melindagilbert
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
melindagilbert
  • rfoster1