• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Sell Complimentary Products as Well as Pampered Chef at Fairs?

In summary, it is against PC policy to promote other products/businesses at your booth during a PC show. If it is just a booth, I'm not sure how that rule applies.
WonderMonkey
There are complimentary products you could sell at your booth in addition to PC products. Usually small craft items like a painted wooden turkey napkin holder, this and that, etc. Do you have those as well?

No...I want to totally focus on my business, nothing else.

WonderMonkey said:
There are complimentary products you could sell at your booth in addition to PC products. Usually small craft items like a painted wooden turkey napkin holder, this and that, etc. Do you have those as well?

It is against PC policy to do this. Even if they are crafts made by you. You can however creatively package PC items and charge your cost.

It is against policy to use your PC business to sell or promote other products/business. So while doing a PC show you can't tell people that you also sell "x" or have a cake decorating business, etc etc.

If it just a booth, I'm not sure how that rule applies... Because the booth itself is not exactly "your business", doing shows and selling PC products is "your business". So I'm not exactly sure if it is OK to have other products with you at a booth where you promote your business. I should re-read my P & P! Anyone else know or have an opinion?!

Ann... Janet... Anyone...?

I figure the business is to bring income into the house so if someone wants to pay for an item that I have there to help present the PC stuff, why not? Don't turn the table into a craft sales table but a few items to create mood is something I'm sure most people do, and if I have a box of those items would it work to sell them?If most people say "No, that never works and distracts from the business TOO much!" then it certainly is not the thing to do.

Beth, you beat me to it!

BethCooks4U said:
It is against PC policy to do this. Even if they are crafts made by you. You can however creatively package PC items and charge your cost.

There you go. How comes every little sneaky idea I have is against policy? Is someone watching me? Is that camera over there filming me RIGHT THIS INSTANT?!?

The information in this thread also covers something else I was going to ask..... I'm also an outdoorsman and I sharpen my own, and several other's knives to varying degrees of sharpness. I'm sure I can't offer that service either during shows. I know we have some self-sharpeners but they can't do the job that a good stone sharpening can do.

I guess they are just trying to keep the playing field level for everyone (re the internet policies) and stop people from using PC to promote their own stuff. We get paid by them to have show to sell PC products, not have shows, show people PC stuff and promote our other businesses... So I can see why they have that policy. I'm still not 100% about how it applies to a booth that you pay for yourself though. I mean, what if you shared the booth with a spouse who sold the other items... I'm not trying to get around the rules, just not sure exactly how they apply here...

Sure. I can see why that would be a rule. Don't want to cheapen PC or give bad vibes to people about the company and products. I was involved with a DS company back in the late 90's that had a horrible reputation and it made things very difficult.

WonderMonkey said:
The information in this thread also covers something else I was going to ask..... I'm also an outdoorsman and I sharpen my own, and several other's knives to varying degrees of sharpness. I'm sure I can't offer that service either during shows. I know we have some self-sharpeners but they can't do the job that a good stone sharpening can do.
We don't have any self-sharpeners any more. All our blade-maintenance items are honers.

WonderMonkey said:

The reason that PC is so strict about booths and internet is that they are protecting the brand. If you mix handmade or other DS items in with PC it colors what people see as PC and takes the focus off this business.

As far as the knive sharpening is concerned, I don't see anything wrong with sharing that information except (from what I'm reading) you are not a professional knife sharpener - I'd ask HO if the warranty would be honored in this case.

Good thinking on the warranty. The only difference between myself and a professional knife sharpener is that I don't use it for income, have a sign for it, promote it, etc.I just enjoy the aspect of sharpening a knife and not thinking about anything else for a while. Kind of like mowing the grass or holding up the local gas station. WAIT DON'T READ THAT LAST PART!

LOL :) Gas prices aren't THAT bad anymore...

I wish I made some kind of craft to sell at a craft fair because there are fairs that don't allow Pampered Chef because it's not hand made. I could be wearing my PC tee shirt and maybe handing out recipe cards on the side.
Seems strange that we can promote PC while we do anything else, but we can't do anything else while we work with PC.

Just remember it's all about "Branding".

If you had a booth at a home show for your Plumbing biz (just an example) would you wear a PC t shirt?

If you were working a NIKE booth at a trade show would you be able to wear PC garb?

Nope!

Chef Bobby said:
I wish I made some kind of craft to sell at a craft fair because there are fairs that don't allow Pampered Chef because it's not hand made. I could be wearing my PC tee shirt and maybe handing out recipe cards on the side.
Seems strange that we can promote PC while we do anything else, but we can't do anything else while we work with PC.

I had the same problem when I asked about our Arts & Crafts Show where I live. Finally after the 2 of us going at it, he finally said that If I had products that I made, I would be able to sell them...cookies,cakes etc...By that time I was so pissed at him, I told him where to go....:blushing: :cool:

There are some craft shows that allow "non" handmade items if they are compiled into something that is handmade... for example: Using the Cinnamon sprinkle, spices etc, silicone basting brush and placing them inside the stoneware fluted pan and wrapping them in cello as a makeshift basket.
charge according to catalog plus your time and wrapping product and it is a homemade basket... at least this is what I have done in the past.

Ish said:
There are some craft shows that allow "non" handmade items if they are compiled into something that is handmade... for example: Using the Cinnamon sprinkle, spices etc, silicone basting brush and placing them inside the stoneware fluted pan and wrapping them in cello as a makeshift basket.
charge according to catalog plus your time and wrapping product and it is a homemade basket...

at least this is what I have done in the past.

I understand what you are saying & I tried telling him that, but he didn't want to hear it. Hes the Pres of the Chamber & a neighbor (and a jerk;)) Best part is they come & start setting up, 1 person had about 1000.00 worth of products that she bought from oriental Traders & then another had skirts & scarfs from closeouts. Him & I just don't get along, cuz I don't kiss his butt...:yuck:

Last edited:
got it... I guess you just have to pick your battles... what a drag!:grumpy:

So would it be ok to make PC recipes and sell them at Booths? For example the brownie lollipops, or some cranberry crunch bark all packaged up?

You'd have to check with the local regulations. Some fairs/festivals require that all food for sale be prepared in a licensed kitchen.

That's the rule in Indiana. It's tough to even give homemade food away at public events. BTW, PC shows aren't counted as public events because they involve a personal invitation.

raebates said:
That's the rule in Indiana. It's tough to even give homemade food away at public events.

BTW, PC shows aren't counted as public events because they involve a personal invitation.

What if you personally invite people walking by at the public event?

LOOPHOLE!

1. What other products do you sell besides Pampered Chef at fairs?

At fairs, we also sell complimentary products such as kitchen gadgets, cookware, and other kitchen accessories that pair well with our Pampered Chef products.

2. Are these complimentary products also from Pampered Chef?

No, the complimentary products we sell at fairs are not from Pampered Chef. They are sourced from other reputable brands that align with our mission of providing high-quality, practical kitchen products.

3. How do you choose which complimentary products to sell at fairs?

We carefully select complimentary products that are popular among our customers and complement our Pampered Chef products. We also consider factors such as quality, functionality, and affordability.

4. Can I purchase the complimentary products online or only at fairs?

You can purchase our complimentary products both online and at fairs. However, the selection may vary as some products are exclusive to fairs while others are available for purchase on our website.

5. Do you offer any discounts when purchasing both Pampered Chef and complimentary products at fairs?

Yes, we often have special promotions and bundle deals at fairs where you can save money when purchasing both Pampered Chef and complimentary products together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cactus_flower
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
cwinter474
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • msmileyface