• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Have Jan. Bookings --Yet?

In summary, the author is an expert summarizer of content. They are currently in their 6th month of business and have learned that January needs to be booked by Thanksgiving in order to ensure a successful year. They currently have 1 booked for January and are working hard to fill the remaining spots.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
I'll be travelling a lot in December and won't have a lot of time for shows, so I'm really going into all my November shows seeking Jan bookings..

What has been your experience in this..do you have many yet??

I have 2 for January and 1 February so far. December's at 3, and I only have 5 in November right now. But, I'm getting on the phone today at naptime. :)

I'm just getting ready to hit my 6 month mark with PC, so this is my first holiday season, too.

Book your January and even Feb. NOW. I learned this too late my first year in business - everyone you meet in Dec. won't even want to think about doing anything in Jan or Feb, and will put you off until spring. After my first winter of nothing on the books for Jan and part of Feb, I decided to start booking my winter shows in Oct. and Nov, and it worked! I've had full Jan and Feb schedules ever since. Also, be sure to over-book Jan and Feb - esp. if you live in bad-weather areas - people cancel a lot more this time of year on me than any other, and mostly due to either weather or illness. HTH!

My director has told me from the very beginning (and I started in November 2002) to have my January booked by Thanksgiving. When I started listening to her, and did this - it was the best thing I could have done for my business. Right now, I have 2 January bookings - and starting next week, will be hitting it hard at my shows! This week I am concentrating on finishing booking Nov & Dec (have just a few open holes).

I have 8 shows for November and 2 caddies. I'm calling to fill my last 4 cooking show dates for November. At all my november shows, I'm booking Dec. and Jan. To encourage shows, I'm offering the last week in November and all my December shows free ingredients and the option of a no-demo show where I focus on entertaining and gift giving ideas. I'm only working up until Dec.15, because of the holiday. I currently have 1 December and 1 January. Becky is absolutely right. You want your January booked by Thanksgiving.

I have 1 for January. Nothing for December yet though. I guess that really is a hard month for people. But my November is now booked, so if they want to get in before the holidays for gift buying, it's going to HAVE to be December!

So far I have about 3 for Dec and 1 with an actual date in Jan. I have about 3 pending for Jan. I won't be incredibly crushed if I don't get more shows in Dec. Although to make the $100k Career Club table and eat with my friends I will need $3k in sales every month from now till May!

I just want to add something here so some don't get scared... while it is definitely true that we do want January booked by Thanksgiving, please know that if you don't, that doesn't mean that you won't work in January!!!!

In the entire time I've been with PC, I have NEVER had January booked by Thanksgiving and I always do at least $2500 in January every year. I do phone work in December and and get them booked.

Don't get it in your heads that it's IMPOSSIBLE to book Jan after Thanksgiving because it can be done.

In December I offer "Stop & Shop" Shows where people come, shop, socialize and eat. No demo. It's easier and fun and the shows are great.

I have 4 Nov. shows and trying for 2 more. I also am only working 2 weeks each in Nov. and Dec. I have 2 shows for Dec. and one catty. I don't have any Jan. shows, but I do have 2 for Feb.

I have 10 shows for Nov, two for Dec & 1 for Jan. I'll definitely be working my shows tonight, Wednesday & in November for those after the holidays shows! :)

I need to get on the phone. I had one booking for tomorrow night which just called and turned into a catalog show and after that I have NOTHING on the books. I need to get motivated!

Last year I did fine in Jan withouth making a huge push to book it. Nov and Dec were my worse months last year. I know I will have 1 for Nov and 1 for Dec I just have to get on the phone to pin point the dates. I cannot even get motivated for SallAthon and usually it drives me insane to not get those free products. I did not get them last Nov and I guess that has me not worrying about it this Nov, plus, I am about out of room for products, ha! I will do the hold and submit two shows for Nov for that one products and we will jsut see about the other.

Is there any news about a hold and submit 2 for Dec like last year?

Last edited:
Nov
10 cooking
5 catalogs

Dec
5 cooking
3 catalogs

Jan
5 cooking
10 catalogs

Feb 3 cooking
3 catalogs

This what I have so far...there WILL be more!

Go Ginny Go!!!

I need to get my rear in gear!! Nothing yet for Dec and on. I do have lots of people that want that time, so will get at it! November is full so that helps!!

finley1991 said:
Go Ginny Go!!!

Thanks! I just booked another November!!! Yippee!

"holy bookings Batman!!!"

Ginny you amaze me!

I really need to get on the phone!!!!!!!!

Kitchen2u said:
Nov
10 cooking
5 catalogs

Dec
5 cooking
3 catalogs

Jan
5 cooking
10 catalogs

Feb 3 cooking
3 catalogs

This what I have so far...there WILL be more!

That is great! My next question is how do you get people to book catalog shows so far out? I know you ask, but what are you saying so people book catty's in Feb?

etteluap70PC said:
"holy bookings Batman!!!"

Ginny you amaze me!

I really need to get on the phone!!!!!!!!

You're funny Paulette! My daughter's name is Robyn!!! LOL

YES, the phone is the KEY!

missyciccolella said:
That is great! My next question is how do you get people to book catalog shows so far out? I know you ask, but what are you saying so people book catty's in Feb?

Believe me, it's all in your attitude and EXCITEMENT. If you're not excited, neither we they be. Excitement is CONTAGIOUS. Of course, catalog bookings are after I've gone through every line in the book to convince them to book a cooking show. So when they are an absolute no to a cooking show, then I'll say ~ "You know, from my experience, I've been doing PC for 7 years now, January and February hosts have the best Host Bonus. You will not want to miss out on them!!! I won't know until Dec, but I can guarantee you, my calendar will be fully booked (has been every year for the last 7 years. I totally understand your situation of not having a home party, but YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT ON THESE JAN/FEB specials!!!! I am really INTO saving money for all of my special customers like you."

HO Secret!!!I went to a training by Linda Bowles last night, she said that January is the BEST month for hosts to have a show!!! She kept making special attention to it, but wouldn't tell us much. She said she couldn't tell...(I'm guessing the special will be the best all year). In the later half of the night she went on to say... fill the 1st-15th of January FIRST!!! Then the 16th-31st SECOND!!! I'm guessing there will be extra incentives for consultants in January, because of this. Once again she couldn't say much more... but now you all know :D Only book January once November and December are full, of course :rolleyes:

Back in this thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f2/january-february-host-specials-27746/

It mentioned that there will be 2 guest specials in January... I'm guessing from what Cassandra said that maybe there will be one for shows held the 1st - 15th and the other through the second half of the month. I better really figure out my calendar with Leadership stuck in there! Can't wait to find out what the special is! Not too much longer!!!!!

finley1991 said:
Back in this thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f2/january-february-host-specials-27746/

It mentioned that there will be 2 guest specials in January... I'm guessing from what Cassandra said that maybe there will be one for shows held the 1st - 15th and the other through the second half of the month. I better really figure out my calendar with Leadership stuck in there! Can't wait to find out what the special is! Not too much longer!!!!!

Won't directors know tomorrow? :D

I've been passing on this info about January to my Director.....it's killing her not knowing now! She has promised to let the cluster know JUST AS SOON as she knows!

If I find out before she does, I won't steal her thunder though!;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Won't directors know tomorrow? :D

Thurday... we get the CN online one week before the 1st. So we'll see!!!! :D

I'm sure it will be posted her sometime on Thursday for everyone!

I can't wait, either way!!!

I got a Jan booking last night at my show..!
(and one for dec)

1. How can I book a party with Jan?

To book a party with Jan, you can contact her directly or reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant who can assist you in scheduling a date for your party.

2. What types of parties does Jan offer?

Jan offers a variety of parties including in-person parties, virtual parties, and catalog parties. You can choose the type of party that works best for you and your guests.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a party with Jan?

Hosting a party with Jan is a great way to earn free and discounted Pampered Chef products, learn new kitchen tips and tricks, and have a fun time with friends and family.

4. Can Jan help me plan my party?

Yes, Jan is a trained Pampered Chef consultant and can assist you in planning your party. She can provide suggestions for recipes, themes, and games to make your party a success.

5. Is there a minimum amount of sales required for a party with Jan?

No, there is no minimum sales requirement for parties with Jan. However, the more sales your party generates, the more rewards you and your guests can earn!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Becca_in_MD