• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Cook One or Two Recipes at Your Shows?

In summary, Heather will only demo one recipe during her shows, but she typically offers guests the opportunity to make additional recipes should they want to.
Morvin
Okay the age old question what came first the chicken or the egg??:confused: NO just joking!:D No really do you usually do one or two recipes at your shows and if you only do one is it a savory or a sweet?:confused: :confused: Just wondering what really works the best.:)

Thanks
Heather:)

I like to do two recipes myself and I always always make sure there is one sweet one!

Cheers

Mine depends....usually I only do one recipe and maybe a drink one I personally don't like to ask the host to buy ingredients for two recipes. (i know they get $15 for it but after drinks and the food sometimes it goes over and i feel guilty asking them for 2 recipies) I always like to show the cookware, so if I'm not using it in the recipe I may do pull aparts as well. This month I'm doing two. I want to show off the stones so I'm purchasing the chicken for the 30min chicken and were doing turtle chocolate skillet cake.

I only do one recipe and ask the host what they would like (either savory or sweet) That way, if they want to make additional recipe(s) they can have me demo recipe "fit in" with whatever else they will be serving.

:D

I do one recipe each month. If the host doesn't want that one, I'll try to explain why I picked that one (usually for bookings so it uses the next month's host or guest special or both) and see if I can convince her. If not, we'll find one that works. This month I am doing the Smashed Potato Soup to show off the cookware and as a light recipe. I am also doing a bonus recipe - fluted microwave cake - so as to show off the stoneware and get bookings and double points! Also, there really isn't any prep involved with that one. I can have the host and/or guests make the box cake batter with maybe a few add ins and pop it in the microwave as I'm getting the soup ready.

I have been doing 2 recipes, but I think I am going to try just doing 1 and see how it goes. It is alot to do for 2 recipes sometimes.

I think I am going to start only ofering 2 if 10 or more people is coming. And if they want 2 if it is less give them one they can prepare ahead of time or do one realy easy. I love doing the pull-a-part breads as a 2nd recipe b/c they are so easy.

I tell them up front that I only do one recipe and the second one this month is a special bonus for doing a January show. I let them know that I would be happy to provide recipes if they want to prepare something ahead of time. I let them know that they will get more bookings if they make it look easy!

I only demo one recipe, but usually have 2 recipes there. The easiest way is if I am doing a dessert show, I make the garlic pull-aparts as an "appeteaser", and if I am doing an appetizer show, I do the cinnamon pull-aparts. This month, I am also doing the Smashed Potato Soup, and I'm varying my dessert - for my brunch on Sat., I do floral Cupcakes. Brunch shows are usually my exception to the rule - people come to those hungry, so I make more food!;)

I always do two, but I make the second one super easy. It has to be one that I can partially prepare at home (like bake the cookie or the brownie or something). I demo the first one (savory) then quickly "finish up" the second one while the first one is in the oven. Then we play a game or something.
I am going to soon change my recipe list, but here is the one I have been using.

Attachments

• Recipe List.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 376
Kate when you say that you tell them up front that you will only be doing one recipe do you include the ingredient list in the packet or do you just tell them when you are host coaching?? I am putting together my packets for my up coming shows that need to go in the mail tomorrow and I would like to just do the one recipe that i pick and I 'm not sure if i should put some kind of letter explaining, just put in an ingredient list or just tell them when i host coach?

Thanks
Heather

Two recipesI always make sure I have a savory wreath, ring, braid, or other dish to serve plus a dessert.
If the guests can guarantee 15-20 RSVP's coming to the show, I will bring an appetizer that I pay for. Usually it's the Cucumber Party Canapes.

They are easy and so pretty with the bread tube for the loaf of french bread and the cucumber twisted on top.

Or if they prefer I can bring a punch for the Quick Stir Family Size Pitcher.

My second recipe is usually a dessert and almost always completely done except for a garnish on top of whipped cream or the cheese grater to grate chocolate on top.

The canapes are also almost completely done. I just assemble at the host's home.

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I Usually it's the Cucumber Party Canapes.

They are easy and so pretty with the bread tube for the loaf of french bread and the cucumber twisted on top.

Will you continue to do these when the bread tube is gone? I am very surprised it is leaving. I sell a lot of them!

I tell them during host coaching. Also, at my shows they only see one recipe, so they don't expect two. I make sure to say at my shows in January that the cake is a special for January hosts.So, when I'm host coaching I say "This month I'm making _________. I chose this recipe because ___________. I'll email you the ingredients when we get off the phone. One of the benefits of hosting a show is free product. In fact, for opening your home to me and providing the ingredients, you get our hospitality bonus of $15 in FPV!"That is how I run my business. I find that the less decisions the hosts have to make, the better. When I get a booking at a show for a month that I haven't decided on a recipe, I tell them that I'll let them know what recipe I'll be making as soon as I find out the monthly specials, or something along those lines.As for host packets, I make em simple. A guest list, an envelope (self addressed, but not stamped) and my bonus program which helps with holding the date and getting bookings - they get extra FPV from me. I also have a large notecard where they write their info including a wish list of 10 items. When I get home I add them to my website and start their wishlist and I email them an electronic copy of the guest list so they can email it back to me if they want. When I get the guest list back, I send the invites, evites and set up the reminder calls through post calls (let me know if you need info on this) and I get catalogs and order forms to them. I like to drop them off at their home so I can see their set-up and answer any questions they may have and talk about the business. Hopefully this makes sense. Feel free to email me if you have more specific questions. [email protected]

Yes!
jenniferlynne said:
Will you continue to do these when the bread tube is gone? I am very surprised it is leaving. I sell a lot of them!

I will definitely continue to make these even after the tubes are gone. That is why I always stress to my customers that they need to get on the ball and order products before they are gone forever!!!

The only choice I give my hosts regarding recipes is if they want an appetizer or dessert show. This month, I'm only doing Smashed Potato Soup - so they don't actually have any choice!:rolleyes: I have yet to have a host not want what I offer...(I talk it up as the "perfect" recipe for their show!)

thank you so much for all of the help am sure as I think about all of these great new ideas I may have more ?'s so I might get back to you later my brain is in overdrive and over load right now!

THANKS!!!!!!
Heather

I use to make (2) if there were more than 10 in attendance but I now only make one. I was finding that people were getting ansy with the time in preparing 2 and I felt very rushed. Usually the host has additional food so it was never a matter of needing food. This way I can concentrate on other topics like Fundraising, Wedding Registry, Opportunity. :)

I bring 1 with me...& make 1 there,:cool:

I really think that I need to stream line my show and only do 1 recipe and if they really want 2 do one ahead of time like you said. Because i feel like the focus is more on the recipe then on the products, opportunity, benifits, etc......

I really am going to work on this!! You guys are great!!!

Thanks Heather

jenniferlynne said:
I always do two, but I make the second one super easy. It has to be one that I can partially prepare at home (like bake the cookie or the brownie or something). I demo the first one (savory) then quickly "finish up" the second one while the first one is in the oven. Then we play a game or something.
I am going to soon change my recipe list, but here is the one I have been using.

I really like this. Do you have them pick both recipes from the list?

Oh I read. I just wish I could get a list of recipes I am comfy with so I can compile a list. I feel like I am getting good at the desserts and not the savory ones. ARRGGG!!!

to bad we can't team up because I feel like I am better at the savory then the sweet!!

Heather

Related to Do You Cook One or Two Recipes at Your Shows?

1. How many recipes do you offer?

At Pampered Chef, we have a wide variety of recipes to choose from, including over 500 main dishes, appetizers, desserts, and more. Our collection is constantly growing, so there's always something new to try!

2. Are your recipes beginner-friendly?

Yes, our recipes are designed to be easy to follow and suitable for all skill levels. We also offer helpful tips and techniques to make cooking even easier for beginners.

3. Do your recipes use special equipment or ingredients?

While some recipes may call for specific tools or ingredients, the majority of our recipes use everyday kitchen equipment and pantry staples. We also offer alternative ingredient suggestions for those with dietary restrictions.

4. Can I adjust the serving size in your recipes?

Yes, our recipes include serving sizes and can easily be adjusted to fit your needs. You can also use our handy conversion chart to adjust ingredient measurements.

5. Are your recipes healthy?

We offer a variety of recipes to fit different dietary needs and preferences, including many healthy options. Look for our "Better for You" label to easily identify our healthier recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • elijahstrust
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
  • fun2cook2