• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Need to Check the Booking Box for a Second Host's Show on PPP?

so it doesnt always have to be Dec) It would be great if you could book it this way: (but they might all like Dec special but it would be great if it did... so it doesnt always have to be Dec)
Cape_PC
I have a host who has not had her show yet, however she already told her friend about PC and now the friend contacted me about a show and we have a date planned. Do I need to make sure the booking box (bottom right hand corner of the main show page) is checked in order for the first host to get the discount at the second hosts show? As you can see i have never used PPP before :)

Yes you do. If you don't have the date by the end of the show just use the next month. Your past host will need the potential host to have the booking box checked in order for to get the discount at the second hosts show. Remember she has at least 6 months to determine when she wants a party otherwise the first host gets no benefit.

tlag1986 said:
Yes you do. If you don't have the date by the end of the show just use the next month. Your past host will need the potential host to have the booking box checked in order for to get the discount at the second hosts show. Remember she has at least 6 months to determine when she wants a party otherwise the first host gets no benefit.

So your saying my original host doesnt need to have it check but my future one does? Or do I have that backwards???

Your first host must have it clicked
Susie is having a party tonight...Betty is booking off of her party.
Susie must have Betty and the date(even ficticious) listed as a booking on Susie's party before it is finalized. Betty can change her party date.
If it is not checked on Susie's party..Susie will not be able to get the host special from Betty's party.
**(I always also put the host herself as a booking.. if she has another party within the 6 months.. she can get double host specials.. that many times gets them to do another show within 6 months. )
Clear as mud??

I never thought of putting the host herself as a booking. I like the idea and will start using it as an incentive for them to host in 6 months. Thanks.

By the way you did post it better than I did. I don't always get things typed the way they are in my head have the same problem with talking.

gingertannery said:
Your first host must have it clicked
Susie is having a party tonight...Betty is booking off of her party.
Susie must have Betty and the date(even ficticious) listed as a booking on Susie's party before it is finalized. Betty can change her party date.
If it is not checked on Susie's party..Susie will not be able to get the host special from Betty's party.
**(I always also put the host herself as a booking.. if she has another party within the 6 months.. she can get double host specials.. that many times gets them to do another show within 6 months. )
Clear as mud??

So how do I work it if there is more than one booking at "Susie's" party? Just as long as the box is checked it doesnt matter how many people book off of her party?

If Betty, Jane and Tina book off of Susie at Susie's party (and Susie).. You must put each one down with a date of their party(remember.. you can change the date later) for Susie to get each booking benefit. Hopefully one party will be scheduled for each month to spread out the host specials. Then I tell Susie that when Betty, Jane and Tina have their party.. She'll get the host special.. so she needs to help me keep these parties going..which helps Susie too!!
Now -on the first screen on PP3 where you put in the individual person's info...over to the very left at the bottom if I am remembering correctly.. is where you put in for that person's booking. So on Betty's screen (where her address is) scroll over to the left and to the bottom.. you should see an area to click and fill in she's having a party and her party date. If you don't add a date.. Susie will not be able to get the host special for Betty's party. After the show is submitted.. if it is not done right.. there is no way to change it and Susie will be out of luck. I hope you can follow that. And yes.. it gets you another booking to always book the host.
It would be great if you could book it this way: (but they might all like Dec special but it would be great if it did work out like this)
Betty books party November 15, 2008
Jane books party December 16, 2008
Tina books a party January 15, 2009
and Susie has another party February 15, 2009
Susie gets the chance to buy the host special at each party.. and gets to order 2 at her next party. (one for being the present host and #2 for being the past host where the booking took place.) Who would turn this down?? And Susie helps remind these ladies to have their parties so she will get the specials too. It's a win/win situation. Any party can be rescheduled as long as it takes place within the 6 months after Susie's original party.
Again I hope this is clear.

wait - don't want to be dense but... how does a past host get another host special on her own show? When she holds her second show, she gets the one host special but then does she have to order as a guest to get the past host special?? do I make any sense?

Good job Ginger! Great explanation, or at least I think so ;)

Just remember.. If Betty is booking off of Susie.. you will need to click Booking on Betty's name and address screen which will highlight the area to put in a date for Betty to have the party. And you must do the same for every booking. When you print the receipts, it will list the date of Betty's party on Betty's receipt.. and Susie will get a complete list of bookings from her party.. names and dates of parties.

doughmama said:
wait - don't want to be dense but... how does a past host get another host special on her own show? When she holds her second show, she gets the one host special but then does she have to order as a guest to get the past host special?? do I make any sense?

Nope, not being dense and yep, you make sense :D

The consultant puts the host down as a booking off of herself for somewhere down the road within 6 months. It can be a book or cooking show. At that new show she gets the new current host special and then you also enter her as a guest and she can get another current host special as the 'past host' that the new show was booked from. She'll have to pay shipping as the past host (just like all past hosts do) and won't order anything other than this as the 'guest' (because she'll order everything else as the current host for free, half price etc obviously) but it's still another host special at 60% off! :)

doughmama said:

She orders her host special because she is host... then using her old past host # she orders another host special. She is listed as the host where the booking originated.. and she gets the 2nd host special too. HO computer keeps up with everything. It does work. I always use it to get another booking down the road..

Great - thanks to you both for clarifying this!! Definitely something to keep in mind when closing out each show.

1. What is the Booking Box on Hosts Ppp Page?

The Booking Box on Hosts Ppp Page is a tool designed by Pampered Chef to help our consultants easily schedule and manage cooking shows with their hosts. It is an online feature that can be accessed through the consultant's Virtual Office.

2. How do I access the Booking Box on Hosts Ppp Page?

To access the Booking Box, log in to your Virtual Office and navigate to the "Hosts" tab. From there, you will see a link to the Booking Box on the left-hand side of the page. Click on the link to access the tool.

3. Can I customize the Booking Box for my personal business needs?

Yes, you can customize the Booking Box to fit your specific business needs. You can add your own cooking show themes, customize the time slots available, and even add your own personal message to hosts.

4. Can I use the Booking Box to schedule non-Pampered Chef events or shows?

No, the Booking Box is designed specifically for scheduling Pampered Chef cooking shows with hosts. It cannot be used for scheduling non-Pampered Chef events or shows.

5. Are there any additional fees for using the Booking Box on Hosts Ppp Page?

No, there are no additional fees for using the Booking Box. It is included in your consultant tools and is free to use for scheduling Pampered Chef cooking shows with hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pctonya
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • byrd1956