• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dishwasher Safe Products: A Handy Guide

In summary, Jennifer lives in Kansas and with 4 kids she knows how to operate a dishwasher. She does not agree with her husband's rule that whoever buys a product must wash it. Some things are not dishwasher safe and the new green knives are not one of them. She also warns against buying wood handled cutlery that has been in the dishwasher many times.
jrstephens
I jsut got my new dishwasher installed!! YEAH!! I am so excited.

I know the RFS list each product and whether it is Dishwasher safe, but I was wondering if anyone had a list of all Products that are Dishwasher safe and another list for Products that are not Dishwashsafe. I thought that list may be easier than having the whole book to look though. And it would de good to take to shows and say it is not on my Dishwasher safe list, so, it must not be.

I may be asking something stupid, but i was just interested to see if someone has something to make looking it up quicker.

Oh good idea. I thought practically everything was except stoneware... and probably the knives and cookware.

Chillzane bowls say they are but I highly disagree after returning 4!!

Do NOT put your ice cream scoop in the dishwasher. The heat changes the composition of the liquid inside and it will not function probably after a few times. Plus, it takes away the nice shiny finish and makes it dark and dull.

Some things have parts that are DW-safe and other parts that aren't. Like the Measure-All Cup. One part is Ok, the other isn't. I usually hand-wash things that I'm not sure of.

chefann said:
Some things have parts that are DW-safe and other parts that aren't. Like the Measure-All Cup. One part is Ok, the other isn't. I usually hand-wash things that I'm not sure of.

I put my whole Measure-All Cup in the DW...opps! Which part isnt?

The inside can become warped if the heat is too hot. So only the outside of the measure-all is safe. I too had a customer return the chillzanne because of damage from the dishwasher! Here's cracked and leaked.
Joanne

I put my measure all cup in the DW too and it is fine. It is a little harder to re-assemble, but loosens up quickly. I used to hand wash because of this, but then got lazy...

And my Chillzane inserts and servers are always fine, it is just the bowls that I have trouble with.

I'm going to have to pay more attention to this too....we're under contract on a new house that has a dishwasher;)
Who can come to KS to teach me how to use it?:D

lacychef said:
I'm going to have to pay more attention to this too....we're under contract on a new house that has a dishwasher;)
Who can come to KS to teach me how to use it?:D
Jennifer (jdavis) lives in Kansas. With 4 kids, I'm sure she knows how to operate a dishwasher!:p

I was loading it last night and I just laid the RFS on top of it so I would look everything up. It was a pain but at least I was not having to wash! I know eventually I will remember it all.

I told my husband that the new rules is do NOT buy if it is not dishwasher safe!

He said and "Mrs. Pampered Chef what about that cookware you want? Does that apply to any PC product that is not dishwasher safe?" He then made the rule that who ever buys it has to wash it!! I did not agree to that rule!

Of course it doesn't count for PC products. Those are legitimate business purchases, which fall ouside of the general household product rules (wink, wink).

Besides, the cookware is so easy to clean!

jrstephens said:
Dishwasher Safe
:confused:

I would think that a dishwasher safe would get all your cash and important documents too wet to use.

:confused:

Okay ladies- ready? One, two, three.... COLLECTIVE GROAN!!!!

Okay, okay, okay...I'll leave now and go mess up someone else's thread.

I was just looking at my use and care cards tonight for the new products and the new green knives are not dishwasher safe!!! I hate to hand wash but I guess I will have to remember to hand wash those knives.

I hand was ALL my knives. I don't care about whether or not they are rated safe for the dishwasher...qualtiy cutlery is an expensive tool and deserves quality care.I cringe when I see wood handled cutlery with the wood all burned out from the dishwasher.

lilscrapmama said:
I put my whole Measure-All Cup in the DW...opps! Which part isnt?

me too

liz

Cookware ... Knives ... Ice cream dipper. All I know that are NOT dishwasher safe. I actually put my chef's knife in the dishwasher. Big no-no. Came out with like little "rust" spots. :( And the Measure-All cup goes into the dishwasher too. All of it. :D

gilliandanielle said:
Okay ladies- ready? One, two, three.... COLLECTIVE GROAN!!!!

Groannn............................:rolleyes:

chefann said:
Some things have parts that are DW-safe and other parts that aren't.

Right - from what I remember the cover for the Food Chopper isn't supposed to go in there, even though the chopper itself can.

I have certain things that I put in the Dw and others I wash by hand. My DH sometimes forgets this so I politely remind him. I have also put the whole Measure All Cup in the Dw and haven't had any problems with it, knock on wood. Oh and Gillian I am groaning with you.

Don't put the new style Quick Stir pitchers in. They really get ruined even though they say dishwasher safe.

I've had to return several Chillzanne Rectangular servers as the cold part swells up so much you can't fit any food in there!

jrstephens said:
He said and "Mrs. Pampered Chef what about that cookware you want? Does that apply to any PC product that is not dishwasher safe?" He then made the rule that who ever buys it has to wash it!! I did not agree to that rule!
But if you got it FREE, then who has to wash it?! HMMMMM....I say YOU earned it, HE washes it!

And KG, that one was pretty bad...;)

Wow- interesting. I dont have a dishwasher (my hands are it), so I don't worry about it for my own stuff. But the best I tell everyone is to pay attention to the description. I do make a point to say the stones can't be washed with soap or in the dishwasher, but the rest, I just say check the info on the page by the name. I have no clue. Good thread.

PamperedCrum said:
Right - from what I remember the cover for the Food Chopper isn't supposed to go in there, even though the chopper itself can.
I believe that just the base of the Food Chopper can't go in the DW. I always put the rest of it in.

And the inside part of the Measure-All is not supposed to go in the DW because it can warp it so it doesn't fit properly & the solids will not measure correctly. I usually just hand wash all of it.

Hmm. I always put my Food Chopper in the dishwasher. Never had a problem. The U&C says dishwasher safe.

raebates said:
Hmm. I always put my Food Chopper in the dishwasher. Never had a problem. The U&C says dishwasher safe.

I put mine in there too.

1. What does "dishwasher safe" mean for Pampered Chef products?

"Dishwasher safe" means that the product can safely be washed in a dishwasher without causing damage or compromising its quality. However, we always recommend checking the specific care instructions for each product before placing it in the dishwasher.

2. Can all Pampered Chef products be washed in the dishwasher?

No, not all of our products are dishwasher safe. Some items, such as wooden utensils, should be hand washed to prevent damage. Look for the "dishwasher safe" symbol on the product packaging or check the product's care instructions for more information.

3. Are there any special precautions I should take when washing Pampered Chef products in the dishwasher?

Yes, there are a few precautions to keep in mind. Avoid using harsh detergents or scrubbers, and make sure to place fragile items securely in the dishwasher. Also, avoid overcrowding the dishwasher, as this can lead to items bumping into each other and potentially causing damage.

4. Can I wash Pampered Chef products with non-Pampered Chef items in the dishwasher?

Yes, our dishwasher safe products can be washed with non-Pampered Chef items. However, if you are washing delicate items, we recommend placing them in a separate dishwasher load to prevent any potential damage.

5. Will repeatedly washing Pampered Chef products in the dishwasher affect their quality or lifespan?

Our dishwasher safe products have been tested to withstand multiple washes in the dishwasher without compromising their quality. However, like with any kitchen tool, regular wear and tear may eventually affect its lifespan. We recommend following the care instructions for each product to ensure its longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • astavnes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • tabnat80
  • Products and Tips
Replies