• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dishwasher Safe? What's Going On?!".

In summary, both adjustable measuring spoons and nylon tools are dishwasher safe, but be aware of the dishwasher's heat and place your items on the top rack to avoid melting.
kaceyleigh2
:confused: A customer just called telling me one of her Nylon Tools melted in the dishwasher and just this morning I found one of my Adjustable Measuring Spoons had melted a little. In Recipe for Success it says both are dishwasher safe :confused:

I had one customer whose adjustable measuring spoon melted in the dishwasher. I've been telling my customers, "Yes, it is dishwasher safe. But, a dishwasher gets very hot, so keep that in mind if you put in the dishwasher, as well as where you place it in the dishwasher."

Having said that, I've been putting mine in the dishwasher since the day I got it with no issues. I always put it on the top rack.

I use a baby bottle nipple basket on the top rack for all my smaller plastic things (anything that could fall between the wires of the top rack). And just lay the rest over the wires on the top rack and have no melting issues.

I had my large slotted turner melt in use. I also had my adjustable measuring cup (the old one) melt in the dishwasher. I put it on the top shelf, but it fell during the wash onto the heating element.

They should be dishwasher safe. If they are under warrantee, do an online adjustment for your customer...and yourself.

northern_sunshine said:
I use a baby bottle nipple basket on the top rack for all my smaller plastic things (anything that could fall between the wires of the top rack). And just lay the rest over the wires on the top rack and have no melting issues.

That is a great idea!!

I've never had any problems with things melting in my dishwasher. I put my measuring spoons in the silverware rack in the bottom. I also put my quick stir pitcher in the bottom. My dishwasher sanitizes using very hot water, too. Hopefully, HO will replace the product/s.

It could be happening if you are using the heated drying. I don't use that because it also saves energy.

chefkristin said:
It could be happening if you are using the heated drying. I don't use that because it also saves energy.
Yes, Kristen, I agree. I don't use the drying option for the same reason.

chefkristin said:

I guess I'm not very dishwasher savvy, as we've only had one since March. I guess I'll have to figure out how to turn of the heated drying part!

kaceyleigh2 said:
I guess I'm not very dishwasher savvy, as we've only had one since March. I guess I'll have to figure out how to turn of the heated drying part!
Ours is just a matter of pressing the button.

I put mine on the top rack b/c m dishwasher gets so hot. So far on the top I have not had any melting.

I did have a wooden spoon fall out and land on the heating element on the bottom . It now has a nice little black spot on the side of it!

Related to Dishwasher Safe? What's Going On?!".

1. What does "Dishwasher Safe" mean?

"Dishwasher Safe" means that the item has been tested and approved to be safely washed in a dishwasher without causing any damage or compromising its quality.

2. Can all Pampered Chef products be put in the dishwasher?

No, not all Pampered Chef products are dishwasher safe. Only products that are explicitly labeled as "Dishwasher Safe" can be safely washed in the dishwasher.

3. Are there any special instructions for washing "Dishwasher Safe" products?

Yes, it is recommended to place "Dishwasher Safe" products on the top rack of the dishwasher to prevent any potential damage from the heat and water pressure.

4. Can "Dishwasher Safe" products be washed in the dishwasher with other non-Pampered Chef items?

Yes, "Dishwasher Safe" products can be washed with other non-Pampered Chef items. However, it is always best to refer to the specific product's label for any additional care instructions.

5. What should I do if my "Dishwasher Safe" product gets damaged in the dishwasher?

If your "Dishwasher Safe" product gets damaged in the dishwasher, please contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance. We stand by the quality of our products and will work to find a solution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
  • sarahmarie
  • Products and Tips
Replies