• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering Bridal Expos: Tips for Finding the Perfect Event

In summary, the brides who attended the bridal shows were not interested in registering for anything. However, mailing a registration brochure may be a successful tactic.
mandydollie
Hi Everyone~

How do you all find bridal expo's or fairs to participate in? I've been searching the web and can't seem to find anything?

Any suggestions?

Have you searched online for Bridal Shows Iowa

I just did and found one. I called and left the booth reservation man a message asking for him to call me back. I've never done a bridal expo but thinking it would be fun. However, that was the only one that I found... :(

They can be very expensive in our area

Just be careful that you don't spend too much on the registration fee. A lot of times they are really expensive (several hundred $'s). I'm having trouble finding them in my area for a price I'm able to pay for registration.

They are expensive, that's why our cluster does them together!

We also have a deal with one promoter where we get the last minute openings for about 1/4 the price of the regular registration. In the end, the promoter wants a full expo. :)

Oh, and the key is to make sure you have the time to FOLLOW UP after it's all said and done. Otherwise you just flushed your money down the toilet.

thanks for those tips. I'll be sure to keep all of that in mind.

mandydollie said:
Hi Everyone~

How do you all find bridal expo's or fairs to participate in? I've been searching the web and can't seem to find anything?

Any suggestions?

Go to the bookstore and look at the ads in the back of local bridal magazines. We have New Jersey Bride and other local ones that always have ads for bridal shows. (That's where the brides go to look for expos to attend!) All the contact information will be there.

Be sure to ask lots of questions...expected attendance, how often they have the expos, what happens if there are less brides than anticipated...etc. Make sure it will be worth your time, MONEY and effort! And follow up is definitely important!

They called me back.. A basic booth is $375.00. I'm hoping that my director or maybe another team member would be willing to go in with me and work the booth. For that $375 we get a 12x12 booth, a backdrop, a sign hung, a table, two chairs, and advertising in their program. We are also allowed to contribute to the goodie bags that they are giving to the brides and can donate door prizes. Seem like a fair deal for those of you who have done fairs?

That is cheaper than our fairs around here (metro Chicago), but you shoudl still ask for a discount.

You can ask them for a discount? How does that work?

You say....you know, I'm just an independent consultant, is there any way you could come down on that price?

DO you get a leads list? - this is also important

ok..i'll try it. I'll post what she says back

We got a leads list at one of them, but I found it to be a PITA. So many of the brides asked to not be called. We just focused on the ones that filled out slips at our table.

yes, she said when the event is over, they e-mail a list of all the brides

Well no go on getting a discount... I tried though!

Instead of calling the brides on the list given after the event, I'm going to mail them a wedding registry brochure with a little note about what I offer. I figure that way they can look at it at their leisure & contact me, otherwise I'll focus on the ones who stopped by the booth!

Anyone have any success with this?I did 2 bridal shows - and both were a flop as far as getting people to register with us. From my experience, the "brides 2 be" were more interested in all of the other details then about what to register for. Coupled with the fact that so many of them were (as a photographer at the table put it) lay-away brides - meaning that they weren't getting married for years.

I notice from this site, the few people who have gotten people to sign up, there hasn't been anything since.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Instead of calling the brides on the list given after the event, I'm going to mail them a wedding registry brochure with a little note about what I offer. I figure that way they can look at it at their leisure & contact me, otherwise I'll focus on the ones who stopped by the booth!

I just got my list from the expo I did on Super Bowl Sunday and I'm planning on doing the same thing.

ltkacz said:
I did 2 bridal shows - and both were a flop as far as getting people to register with us. From my experience, the "brides 2 be" were more interested in all of the other details then about what to register for. Coupled with the fact that so many of them were (as a photographer at the table put it) lay-away brides - meaning that they weren't getting married for years.

I notice from this site, the few people who have gotten people to sign up, there hasn't been anything since.

I don't know... I felt like the expo I did on 2/4 was well worth it. I had 31 brides Quick Register. Since the expo I have setup all of their registries and made follow-up calls. I had to leave messages for several of them, so I've not spoken personally to each and every one, but so far I've only had 4 change their mind. I have one definite bridal shower and two who want to discuss the opportunity after this semester of school is over.

Aside from the brides, I also have over 100 people who filled out door prize slips and all wanted to receive my monthly newsletter, many were interested in hosting a show and a handful want to discuss the opportunity.

I feel pretty happy with the way mine turned out.

Kearstin, I think you did well at the bridal expo! Let us know if you get any shows, recruits or actual orders off the bridal registries!

I did an expo last year with one of my recruits and nothing really panned out. We only got a couple of registries, but 2 of them are already married and no one bought anything off their registry! (We think one of the brides didn't tell anyone about her PC wedding registry...maybe she changed her mind?? She didn't return any calls after a while...)

1. How do I find bridal expos in my area?

There are a few ways to find bridal expos in your area. You can search online for bridal expos in your city or state. You can also check with local bridal shops or wedding planners, as they often have information about upcoming expos. Additionally, you can follow bridal expo social media pages or sign up for email newsletters from wedding websites for updates on upcoming expos.

2. When is the best time to attend a bridal expo?

The best time to attend a bridal expo is typically 6-12 months before your wedding date. This will give you enough time to gather information, make decisions, and book vendors for your big day. However, some expos may take place earlier or later, so it's important to check the specific dates of the expo you are interested in attending.

3. How much does it cost to attend a bridal expo?

The cost to attend a bridal expo varies depending on the location and size of the event. Some expos are free to attend, while others may charge a small admission fee. It's best to check the website or social media pages of the expo you are interested in attending for information on admission fees.

4. What can I expect to see at a bridal expo?

At a bridal expo, you can expect to see a variety of vendors offering their services and products for weddings, such as photographers, florists, caterers, and more. There may also be fashion shows, workshops, and demonstrations. It's a great opportunity to gather ideas and meet potential vendors for your wedding.

5. Should I bring anything with me to a bridal expo?

It's a good idea to bring some basic information with you to a bridal expo, such as your wedding date, estimated budget, and a list of services or products you are still looking for. You may also want to bring a notebook and pen for taking notes, as well as your contact information to provide to vendors you are interested in working with. Some expos may also provide a swag bag for attendees to collect brochures and business cards from vendors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• citymouse
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • blueikaos