• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Your Next Read: Top Book Recommendations for All Genres

In summary, the conversation is about book recommendations. The original speaker is looking for something new to read and mentions their preference for romance but also enjoys other genres. Several people suggest authors and series they enjoy, including Janet Evanovich, Nora Roberts, Jodi Picoult, and Nicholas Sparks. Other genres mentioned include mystery, culinary mysteries, and time travel romance. The conversation also briefly touches on authors they do not enjoy, such as the Twilight series and Glenn Beck.
Jen1409
I need book recommendations. I need something new to read.

Please help!

What do you like to read? I started a book club last year for people in my area. We're on Facebook if you want to look us up "Cibolo Chicks Book Club".

Or are you talking about technical books? You want to read something that will help increase your sales, bookings, recruits? What are you looking for?

regular books

I like mostly romance but read some other stuff sometimes

anything by Janet Evanovich, Lavyrle Spencer, Debbie
Macomber (love her series based on house /street numbers)

Believe it or not I have read the entire House of Knight series by PC Cast. It is very similiar to the Twighlight series, but different. I am also a huge fan of Nora Roberts (reading Genuine Lies right now) and Danielle Steel. I also like John Grisham.

My DH got me the enitre Harry Potter series for Christmas and I will be starting book 6 here this weekend. Can't wait!

I check my book's out from the library, so there are time's I do a search on the genre I want to read and pick from there.

Kristin Hannah and Jodi Picoult are a couple of my favorites

Kristin Hannah and Jodi Picoult are a couple of my favorites!

I like a variety, myself: James Patterson, Sandra Brown, Maeve Binchey, Dean Koontz, Janet Evanovich, Joy Fielding, Nora Roberts, Jodi Picoult, Stephen King, Catherine Coulter, Mary Higgins Clark, John Saul, and the list goes on--there are so many wonderful authors out there with books to suit my every mood. I average one book a week, unless I have a lot of shows or I am in the middle of some quilting projects.

For just fun laugh out loud reading, I love Sophie Kinsella, and Jennifer Crusie.I also love "culinary" mystery writers - Joanne Fluke (Hannah Swensen series)
Diane Mott Davidson (series about a caterer named Goldie)
Melinda Wells (Della Cooks series)I also like Janet Evanovich - in fact, I just started over with One For The Money.I don't care for the Twilight series...it's much too melodramatic for me.(don't hate me!)I used to read a lot of James Patterson, Dean Koontz, etc...type mysteries, but I just got tired of dark, depressing mysteries. (Even if they have a good ending.) I guess I like more humorous mysteries.

Jen1409 said:
regular books

I like mostly romance but read some other stuff sometimes

Ohmigosh! You have to start the Diana Gabaldan series. The first book is called Outlander. One of my girls on my team got my hooked on this series. I've just read the first book and the other is checked out at my local library. I even had the librarian call the lady today to see if she's done with it yet (and I'm not a huge fan of romance novels!). It's about a woman from the 1940s who is sent back in time 200 years and falls in love with a man there. LOVE IT!

I'm currently reading James Patterson, finished his Alex Cross series and now moving onto the Women's Murder Club books. I also recommend Sidney Sheldon, Anne Rice, Nicholas Sparks (be aware, get the tissues ready for some of his books). I have also read the entire series of the author who did The Other Bolyen Girl (cannot remember names off the top of my head) and the Gone Baby Gone series too.

Lots of good suggestions above - I love Janet Evanovich, Joanne Fluke and Diane Mott Davidson.

I also like Barbara Delinsky, a lot. And Nicholas Sparks and Mary Higgins Clark.

Nicholas Sparks is my favorite Author..

The Shack is a good book..my only problem is it is not a book that I get sucked into..but it is a good book..I forget the author's name for that one.

P.S. I Love You was also great.

Diane mott davidson(funny)
randy pautch(last lecture)
five people you meet in heaven(mitch ablom)
the christmas sweater(glenn beck) not a fan of his but a good read

ps i read better than i spell at times

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks and all of Jodi Picoult

There is a great book by David Baldacci called The Christmas Train. I tend to only read it at Christmas time, but it is a great story. I also love the Twilight series.

I just finished South of Broad by Pat Conroy. Very good!

there is another series cant remember the author they are fantastic bookspotluck club is the first one (there is one with the word catering) etc I think there are 4 or 6 in the series

I just finished Summer House by Nancy Thayer - it a story told from the point of view of three - women: daughter, mother, grandmother all over the course of a summer on Nantucket - they are all dealing with different life issues, the daughter (30) deciding where she belongs Mother (50's) dealing with her marriage and grandmother (90) dealing with her family at large. It is great how the story unfolds - not really a thriller but you find out things along the way that take you by surprise. I read it in one day. I have also read Moon Shell Beach by her - also good and have a few others by her in my library stack.

I also enjoy Elizabeth Berg (great story teller) Dance when you are feeling blue is about sisters coming of age during WW2 in the US and how their romances with their men who are fighting unfolds. Year of Pleasures was great, all of them are actually. Romantic.

Two not quite literary geniuses but really good romantic reads - well some involve affairs but good summer reading are Elin Hilderbrand (Barefoot and Blue Bistro among others) and Susan Elizabeth Phillips -she writes borderline harlequin for the modern times. I liked Match me if you Can - my mom and BFF also enjoyed it too. very juicy intimate scenes.

I can't wait to get my hands on The Help by Kathryn Stockett - it is gonna be my book club choice. Kristin Hannah is another one I like

Last edited:
Carl Hiassen I think is mostly known for HOOT nowadays but he has several adult fiction books too. I only use the word "adult" here meaning the opposite of "children". I clarify because when you read the names of some of his books, you will wonder!Ive read Sick Puppy and Skinny Dip. Both excellent reads. Full color characters, thoughtful story lines.

The Glass Castle"... amazing book

I just finished The Castaways by Erin H?...can't remember name(blushing!!) and now I am into Nicholas Sparks...The Lucky One...

I also love Jodi Piccoult and also the Twilight Series :)

Barbara -The Castaways is Elin Hilderbrand - did you enjoy it?

I would recommend The Pampered Chef Policy Manual.....hehehehe
Sorry, I just had too..... xox

The Time Travellers wife is the BEST modern romance I have ever read.

Yes..it was a tear jerker though at the end...if you have ever read James Patterson "Sams letter to Jennifer" and "Letters for Nicholas" (I can't remember the titles...it's friday nite and I am tired!!) you are gonna be a sucker for this...

Maragib said:
Barbara -The Castaways is Elin Hilderbrand - did you enjoy it?

Yes I enjoyed this..be warned it is a tear jerker toward the end...if you ever read James Patterson's "letter to Jennifer" and "Sams letter to Nicholas"---something like those titles...my brain is fuzzy--friday night and I am tired!!!..you will enjoy this...

ChefMary412 said:
The Glass Castle"... amazing book

Oh, oh, yes, Amazing book!

I like Jennifer Weiner very much also. Light fun reading.

Anything Mitch Albom. My all time favorite author. I could read his books over and over again without ever getting bored. Probably my favorite is- For One More Day.

I agree with someone else who posted here about romance novels and Nicholas sparks I have read all his books, they were good easy reads but I got tired of the tissues, loved the twilight series,(all time fav) but I am currently reading Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse novels, HBO took the story line, but the books are so much better than the series, you get a different perspective of Sookie's life, and its full of action, love, and suspense!

Just thought of another author/series that I love.Jan Karon - the At Home In Mitford series.I can't think of another series of books where I grew to love & know the characters like I did with this series. Every so often, I re-read them, and every time, I want to move to Mitford. :love:LOVE:love: these books.

Related to Discover Your Next Read: Top Book Recommendations for All Genres

1. What genres do you have book recommendations for?

We have book recommendations for a wide range of genres including fiction, non-fiction, mystery, romance, self-help, young adult, and more!

2. Can you provide recommendations for specific age groups?

Yes, we can provide book recommendations for all age groups, including children, teens, and adults.

3. How do you choose which books to recommend?

Our team of avid readers carefully selects books that have received positive reviews, are well-written, and cover a variety of topics and genres.

4. Can you recommend books based on my personal preferences?

Absolutely! We love to personalize our recommendations based on your individual preferences and reading habits. Just let us know what type of books you enjoy and we'll suggest some great options for you.

5. Are these book recommendations available for purchase?

Yes, all of our book recommendations are available for purchase through our website or from your local book retailer. Happy reading!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bsaxman
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Brandi2007
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • The_Kitchen_Guy