• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Thrill of Geocaching with Your Family – Thanks Janetupnorth!

In summary, geocaching is a fun and easy way to find hidden treasures. It is a great way to spend a slow Labor Day.
tx_deputyswife
Thanks to your post about missing out on the Labor Day contest because you were out geocaching, I followed your link. Now my entire family and I are totally addicted!!

We signed up on the site, and although we didn't have a GPS yet, we did an easy "find" for kids yesterday without luck. Went back today and BINGO! found it right away. It is so much fun!!!

Dh said he's come across cachers while on-duty, and stopped to see what they were up to, but never gave it much thought. Now he's hooked too. We even found out there are some caches found here at "haunted" places, so he's looking forward to taking our two oldest (17 & 13) to look for those at night.:eek:

I am so glad you posted about geocaching.It is a great family activity, and I wanted to say thanks for mentioning it!

You're welcome - I hope it is a "good" addiction! ;) Have lots of fun!

I must of missed the other post. What is this about?

I never knew you could geocache with out a gps system.

Sounds like fun, I'll have to try it!

I have some family friends who do this (the son and step-dad). The love it! It has been a great bonding activity for them. Plus it's always hard to find a productive activity for middle-school age kids and the son is hooked!

Jennie4PC said:
I never knew you could geocache with out a gps system.

The ones we have done so far because we haven't bought our GPS (going in a few minutes when dh gets home!! YAY!!) are in relatively easy-to-find locales with descriptives in the listing. They are specificially for younger children to find.

Related to Discover the Thrill of Geocaching with Your Family – Thanks Janetupnorth!

1. What exactly is geocaching?

Geocaching is a real-world outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.

2. How do I get started with geocaching?

To get started, you will need a GPS-enabled device, such as a smartphone or a handheld GPS unit. Then, create a free account on a geocaching website, such as Geocaching.com. Finally, enter the coordinates of a geocache near you into your device and start your adventure!

3. Can geocaching be done with the whole family?

Absolutely! Geocaching is a fun and exciting activity for people of all ages. It's a great way to get the whole family outdoors and exploring together. Just make sure to choose geocaches with difficulty and terrain ratings suitable for your group.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for geocaching?

Yes, there are a few rules and guidelines to follow when geocaching. These include respecting private property, leaving the geocache as you found it, and following any specific guidelines set by the geocache owner. It's important to also practice good geocaching etiquette and be aware of your surroundings.

5. What are some benefits of geocaching?

Geocaching is not only a fun and rewarding activity, but it also has many benefits. It promotes outdoor physical activity, encourages problem-solving and critical thinking skills, and allows you to discover new places and learn about the history and culture of an area. Plus, it's a great way to connect with others who share a love for geocaching!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jbachen
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
winklermom