• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Perfect Home & Gift Collection | Host Benefits & Reviews

In summary, the company has been around for a long time and have a wide variety of products. However, the host benefits do not seem very good and the products are not as durable as those from competitor Pampered Chef.
rennea
Gold Member
Has anybody had any experence with is company? I have a friend who wants me to do a show for her and was wondering if anybody has ever hosted one before. There host benefits seem pretty good. Any information or input would be great.

Certainly Not!I was just cruising around their website, as you made me curious.... they're products are in direct competition with ours! :eek: Stoneware! Stainless Cookware! Kitchen Tools! :grumpy: I think the only way you should host a show is to stick to decorating items only! AND then, only if she hosts a show for you! Their website is: http://www.homeandgiftcollection.com.

Sorry to be such a downer....:(

I was just taking a look at the website as well and don't like the fact that you can't browse through the ENTIRE catalog without giving someone your name/address. Of course, I'm not in Canada so it doesn't really matter... but I really hate giving my name/address to direct sales companies unless I know that I actually like (and can afford) the products.

It seems like some of their products are older versions of Pampered Chef products...

That is what I thought when I saw the non-stick cookware... Gen II! And some of the colors of the serving pieces are about 4 PC catalogs ago!

muffetts said:
I was just cruising around their website, as you made me curious.... they're products are in direct competition with ours! :eek: Stoneware! Stainless Cookware! Kitchen Tools! :grumpy: I think the only way you should host a show is to stick to decorating items only! AND then, only if she hosts a show for you! Their website is: http://www.homeandgiftcollection.com.

Sorry to be such a downer....:(

He He your so funny:D

The company has been in Canada for over 25 years I believe. They seem to be a everything from soup to nuts kind of company. Their catty is very well done. When you look through you do get a different feel then you do when you look at a PC catty. They do have some interesting items. But I don't even want to look at their stoneware or cookware cause we HAVE the best:D At Christmas a got a ton of Christmas decorations from them that was in a flyer that my friend had, it was all really nice.
If anybody has purchased any of there stoneware in the past let me know cause it has come out a shows before and customers have asked me about it.

H & GI did a Home and Gift catty show in Nov. (with the Decorating Catalogue only! :) ) - last season with H & G their decorating and kitchen catalogues were seperate. I REALLY liked some of their pictures and sconces. I did pretty good in my catty show because it was something different.

I am not too crazy about their new catty - it isn't my style.

Their stoneware is not as durable as PC. Myself and other Cs have had people try to return H & G Stoneware (thinking it was PC), but it didn't have the PC stamp on the bottom! :) I have also heard their Serving Utensils aren't very durable.

But I LOVE :love: PC, so I might not be a good one to ask! LOL.

Thanks for the imput Jenna.

Home & gift is a well known company to me I have complaints from PC custromers that have bought their stones & they are rancid they smell very bad after using them. Also their host program isn't that good in that free products do not end up being free you have to pay the tax on the value of your free stuff. The host is also responsible to cover the payment to the company with either a credit card or a money order; the consultant does not look after this for you. So beware!

H&gI had heard that about the H&G Stoneware! Yuck!

I also knew that it is up to the Host to pay for the Total Show.

I DID NOT know about paying tax on the free stuff! EEK!

I don't know anything about that company, but I can't imagine inviting my friends to another show of any kind. I've had three Pampered Chef shows in my home since starting to sell again in April. My friends are going to start avoiding me if I ask them over to buy stuff one more time! Oh, and I did invite a bunch of friends to a Creative Memories Custom Framing Event. Three people showed up. I did get a good deal, but I am sooo not having any more/other ds shows in my house. Plus, I don't often go to shows when I get invited either. I did go to a Tastefully Simple show in October to help out a very good friend and I did go to a CM framing one in August at the last minute because I did have pictures to frame. That's why I scheduled my own because it was too much $$ for me to spend.
Anyway, sorry for rambling. My husband is watching racing. It's too wet to go for a walk. I'm "resting" because it's Sunday. KWIM?

my mom went to a show- said the consultant compared everything to pampered chef, the stoneware included, and talked a lot about how over priced our stuff was, and how much better value their stuff was.

my thoughtsOMG! That is SO NOT true! I get people who try to return H&G Stoneware ALL the time....PC is WAY more durable.

Some of their stuff is nice - but a lot of it is definately cheaper quality.

marciem said:
my mom went to a show- said the consultant compared everything to pampered chef, the stoneware included, and talked a lot about how over priced our stuff was, and how much better value their stuff was.

I guess she feels threatened by PC then :p

Not to Hijack but my director is having a Taste of Home Entertaining party and when I looked that up online, I saw that they are very competitive with us too...cookware, kitchen tools, etc. I was surprised she was having this show. She also recently had a Home and Garden Party but they don't have quite as much the same as we do.

I'm sure she is doing it as a favor to someone, like the other one.

But honestly, I did not see one thing in the catalog that I would buy (which is unusual for me!). I plan on going to the show, and hope that maybe I will see something in person that is more appealing.

I heard the TOHE was in financial trouble and not doing as well as they had projected. I did gey a nice pasta serving spoon from them though that I like.

pamperedlinda said:
I heard the TOHE was in financial trouble and not doing as well as they had projected. I did gey a nice pasta serving spoon from them though that I like.

They made a BIG splash around here when they first started up - but now I think the last time I saw or heard of them was at a Craft Fair I did in Oct. '06....

I bought a TOH Magazine/Cookbook the other day, and they are now advertising TOHE in their publications.

At my last Taste of Home Fair they had a table set up for the TOHE rep and she never showed up.

Every magazine that I have opened recently has had a Home & Gift ad in it. Would be nice to see PC ads I think…

home interiorsI like H&G - but this last catalogue REALLY changed their style. They don't carry the pictures and prints that they used to. I had a few prints on my Wish List that I wanted - but now I can't get them.

Home Interiors is fairly new (not a lot of consultants) and they have BEAUTIFUL prints for a reasonable price. I got one of the prints as a b-day gift from my mom and hung it in our living room - I got TONS of compliments on it. :)

What is the "Discover the Perfect Home & Gift Collection"?

The "Discover the Perfect Home & Gift Collection" is a selection of high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and home decor items offered by Pampered Chef. These products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

What are the host benefits for hosting a "Discover the Perfect Home & Gift Collection" party?

As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your party. You will also have the opportunity to purchase exclusive host-only items at a discounted price. Plus, you'll have a fun and unique way to gather friends and family together for a great time!

How can I host a "Discover the Perfect Home & Gift Collection" party?

Hosting a party is easy! You can either host an in-person party or a virtual party. Simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a date and invite your guests. Your consultant will handle all the details and make sure your party is a success!

What do customers have to say about the "Discover the Perfect Home & Gift Collection"?

Our customers love the high-quality and innovative products in this collection. Many have raved about the convenience and functionality of the kitchen tools, as well as the beautiful home decor items. They also appreciate the affordable prices and the fantastic host benefits!

Can I customize my own "Discover the Perfect Home & Gift Collection" as a host?

Absolutely! As a host, you have the option to choose which products you'd like to include in your party's collection. Your consultant can work with you to create a personalized and unique collection that fits your specific needs and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Robynchefcanada
  • keynibear
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
monicag
  • pcjenkunkel