• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Fun in Alternate Uses for Common Kitchen Tools

In summary, someone suggested using the garlic press to press olives, capers, sun dried tomates, and freezing the Large Bar Pan to use as their own COLD STONE CREAMERY at home. Sarah also mentioned using the garlic press for fresh ginger, using the salad/berry spinner to wash her lingerie, using the baker's roller as a back massager, using the spritzer for skin so soft to keep bugs away, and using the plasma TV cleaner only with high quality microfiber.
ChefMary412
Is there already a thread for alternate uses of a PC tool?

- basting brush -- foot tickler
- salad cutters--- cutting wire
-Mix n' Chop-- must be something funny for this one!!

something like that?? I was thinking it would be neat to do a show where you show tools and think of alternate uses for it. Would that be a neat theme?

There are a bunch of threads with alternative uses for products, although many are probably about a single product. If you snoop around in the Product Tips area you'll find a bunch.

One way you could do this as a theme show is to ask the guests for alternate use suggestions. This would work really well in a crowd that's very familiar with PC products. Word of caution: this could get embarrassing. You'll be shocked what ideas some PC guests come up with.

raebates said:
Word of caution: this could get embarrassing. You'll be shocked what ideas some PC guests come up with.
Yeah. That happened to me at a show. Someone's favorite tool story was a little TMI. baster... pudding... bedroom... You connect the dots. :eek:

chefann said:
Yeah. That happened to me at a show. Someone's favorite tool story was a little TMI. baster... pudding... bedroom... You connect the dots. :eek:

Oh yikes, I prefer not to connect the dots on that one! :yuck:

See what I mean? LOL!

Not so much an alternate use, but I just read that you can use your garlic press to press olives, capers, sun dried tomates. This is a great idea if you want to have the flavor but not the big pieces in a recipe.

I have always like the idea of freezing the Large Bar Pan and using it to have your own COLD STONE CREAMERY at home. I told a friend about that and she thought that was great because it is so expensive to go to the store and buy it.

I like to use the garlic press for fresh ginger.I have a friend who says that they short changed the Pizza Cutter when they named it. She used it to cut everything for her twins--sandwiches, waffles, spaghetti, etc.

Someone told my director she likes to use the Salad/Berry Spinner to wash her lingerie! Inventive minds . . .

Sarah

I had a guest order the Baker's Roller as a back massager. And don't get me started on the EAD!

Reminds me of the reaction of the guests at a recent show when I picked up the meat tenderizer. :blushing:

I am in need of a few newlywed game ideas for a couples show..anyone done this before?

raebates said:
One way you could do this as a theme show is to ask the guests for alternate use suggestions. This would work really well in a crowd that's very familiar with PC products.

Word of caution: this could get embarrassing. You'll be shocked what ideas some PC guests come up with.

chefann said:

Just don't invite Ann or any of her crazy customers and you'll be fine!;)

It's not my fault that I seem to attract the freaks.

In one of the teleclasses there was a lady talking about using the Spritzer for Skin so Soft to keep bugs away as well as using it to clean electrical stuff instead of buying the air in a can.
Also, she was saying how "not all microfiber is created equal" that some still generate lint but ours do not. Therefore, they are great for the Plasma TV as you can ONLY clean them with high quality microfiber.

I have been looking for tips like this because I am going to start using it as a game at my show (starting next week). When guests first arrive I will ask them to choose a product and then when it is time if they give me a product that I don't have an alternate use for or something that they didn't know (not stated in the catty) they get to choose a prize form my prize basket! I am telling them that it excludes the BBQ tools and Simple Additions though!

1. What are some common kitchen tools that can be used for alternate purposes?

Some common kitchen tools that can be used for alternate purposes include a rolling pin for crushing crackers or cookies, a cheese grater for shredding bar soap, a vegetable peeler for creating chocolate shavings, a colander for draining pasta and steaming vegetables, and a whisk for mixing pancake batter or scrambled eggs.

2. How can I use a kitchen tool in a way that I haven't thought of before?

One way to come up with alternate uses for kitchen tools is to think about their shape and design. For example, a pizza cutter can be used to cut quesadillas into perfect triangles, and a meat tenderizer can be used to crush graham crackers for a pie crust. You can also look for inspiration from online recipe blogs or ask friends and family for their creative ideas.

3. Can I use my kitchen tools for non-food related tasks?

Yes, many kitchen tools can be used for non-food related tasks. For example, a cookie cutter can be used to make fun shapes in playdough, a pastry brush can be used to apply glue or paint, and a pastry scraper can be used to remove stubborn stickers or labels. Just be sure to thoroughly clean your kitchen tools before using them for non-food purposes.

4. How can I make sure I am using my kitchen tools safely for alternate purposes?

When using kitchen tools for alternate purposes, it is important to always follow the manufacturer's instructions and use caution. Make sure you are using the tool as it was intended, and avoid using sharp or pointed tools for tasks that require a gentle touch. If you are unsure about using a kitchen tool for a specific task, it is best to stick to using it for its intended purpose.

5. Are there any kitchen tools that should not be used for alternate purposes?

Yes, there are some kitchen tools that should only be used for their intended purpose. This includes tools such as knives, which should never be used for tasks like opening cans or prying open containers. It is also not recommended to use wooden utensils for hot tasks like flipping food in a hot pan, as they can easily catch fire. Always use caution and common sense when using kitchen tools for alternate purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
batroark
  • raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Oliver91
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies