• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Listened to Lisa Amblo's Knife Talk?

it just keeps it sharp. Every few years you should have it professionally sharpened. You can also use a block of wood to sharpen your knife, but it's best to do it when your knife is already sharp. If you have a dull knife, it's the most dangerous thing in the kitchen because it just smashes the tomato. Dull knives are usually the ones that people just use for cutting food, and they don't sharpen them. If you have a Henkel knife, you're getting the same quality for half the price. Santoku knives are a Japanese style chef's knife, and they have a Granton edge which allows the blade to slide through the food without any drag. They
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Has anyone heard Lisa Amblo do her talk about knives? She mentioned it in some of her training and I have not been able to find it. Does anyone have it to share? She always has such great information and is so helpful. TIA

RossDeb2 said:
Has anyone heard Lisa Amblo do her talk about knives? She mentioned it in some of her training and I have not been able to find it. Does anyone have it to share? She always has such great information and is so helpful. TIA

I'll look through my files to see If I have any. I know I have ALL her cook ware notes. If not I'll probably see her on Sat. & ask. I can't promise though....;)

Thank you. Her words have been a great help!

bump. Anyone have any info?

I'd love to see the cookware and the knive talk! Would be most appreciated

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I'd love to see the cookware and the knive talk! Would be most appreciated

In the Files section, search for "Lisa Amblo" and you'll find the cookware info. There is a link to a conf. call too. It's still good- l listened to it 2 weeks ago.

So far, no one has posted anything about her Knife Talk...hoping they do though!

I only heard her talk about the cookware...

letscook04 said:
I only heard her talk about the cookware...

The last time I saw her at Bellmore, she did talk about the knives, my old puters hard drive crashed & I don't have it on my new one, but I'm going to check elsewhere on my AOL. I saw her at Spring Launch, but didn't get to talk to her.

esavvymom said:
In the Files section, search for "Lisa Amblo" and you'll find the cookware info. There is a link to a conf. call too. It's still good- l listened to it 2 weeks ago.

So far, no one has posted anything about her Knife Talk...hoping they do though!

Thanks Bobbi...found them, didn't know to look there.

Thanks Ginger.

RossDeb2 said:
Thanks Ginger.

I'm waiting for my Director to get back to me...she takes notes on EVERYTHING!!! I hope she has it.....

Got it....Thank you lisa for these wonderful tips!!

Knives

Wustoff, Henckel’s – high carbonized German steel – forged – one piece of metal is the entire knife – produces the sharpest, strongest, most precise knives with the best balance

Santuko – Japanese style chef’s knife – gratins create an air pocket between food and knife

Holder – prevents knife from getting damaged in your drawer

Our bamboo knife block
Drop of water on knife when you put it in a wood block – creates black mold – if you were to cut it with a jigsaw, well, you would not like what you see. Bamboo – not going to happen – non porous and the slats go all the way through to allow air to circulate

We all have the death drawer, where knives won’t cut anything but us!

Honing tool – this you get not just for our knives, but any knives you have. It won’t sharpen a dull knife, but it will keep sharp knives sharp for a very long time

Spices: dried in supermarket – very little flavor; our – dehydraged – they’re fresh spices dehydrated so you use much less – because they have a lot more flavor

Cutlery:

Dull knife most dangerous thing in kitchen.
Dull knife just smashes the tomato

* - Death drawer 100 knives that cut nothing but you.

Most people have just one good knife.
Henkel knives – ours our same quality for ½ the price
Santoku knives – grantons allow blade to slide through food without drag
High carbon German steel
Always cut using a flat surface
Don’t chase your food on cutting board
Hold food using the paw (hand cupped)
Push the food against the knife

Honing – realigns blade (little teeth)
Sharpening – removes material from blade
Every few years should have professionally sharpened

Block of wood – harboring bacteria – throw em out
Hot and cold expands and contracts holder – can warp the blades.
New blocks are lined with metal and silicone

Wood harbors semolina and ecoli – only use wood for cooked foods.
Every restaurant by law uses polyethylene

2 – Forged Cutlery

Most Dangerous Thing in the Kitchen…..DULL KNIVES

With our knives there is No pulling – it just slides
Forged means ONE SOLID piece. It is heated and cooled to make it denser

You should create a flat cutting surface you never have to chase it around the cutting board. They come with a lifetime guarantee. The Santuko also doubles as a HOME SECURITY. No one will mess with you with this knife.

Honing realigns blade and realigns the teeth. It doesn’t remove any of the material like sharpening. You only need to sharpen 1-2 years so less material is removed

Forged Cutlery

These are our professional quality brand of cutlery.

Feature: Forged cutlery means that it is one piece of metal formed to make a knife with a
handle wrapped around the steel.
Benefits: Will never have a knife where the handle is coming loose from the blade.

Feature: High Carbon German Steel
Benefits: Best quality of steel to use on a knife. These knives stay sharper longer.
Visual: equivalent quality to henkels and wusthoff

Showcase Santoku knife
Japanese style knife.. must hold it correctly.. 3 fingers on the handle and your thumb and forefinger on the base of the blade. This will give you superior maneuverability so that you can chop and dice just like the chefs on tv.

Feature: Vinyl Case
Benefit: Protects the blade and your hands in the drawer. Also pops open so that you can
clean the case. Not dishwasher safe.
Visual: Remember to pat the knife dry before placing into the vinyl case and making
sure that the inside of the case is completely dry. Never place knives in dishwasher.

Wooden Block
Do you know that if you place a knife with one drop of water on the blade into a wooden block… it will turn to black mold? If you take a chainsaw and cut it in half.. that is what you will see. However, pampered chef did it right.. we used bamboo instead of wood which is resistant to mold. The slit for the knife runs all the way to the bottom and the block itself is place on four legs so that there is ventilation all around, which prevents the growth of mold.

AND thank you Sue for typing this....:D :D :D

Last edited:
Just bumping, in case anyone is interested....

Ginger428 said:
I’m a direct seller so there aren’t 12 people in the middle jacking up the prices.

s....:D :D :D

the whole knife info is great - thanks! except I would skip this one quote. You are not technically the direct seller and there is a mark up. Otherwise, we would not be able to offer 50% and 60% off discounts. There is the national, senior, team leader... all the way down to the consultant making money on sales.

BUt thanks again for the info.:)

doughmama said:
the whole knife info is great - thanks! except I would skip this one quote. You are not technically the direct seller and there is a mark up. Otherwise, we would not be able to offer 50% and 60% off discounts. There is the national, senior, team leader... all the way down to the consultant making money on sales.

BUt thanks again for the info.:)

Gone. Thanks!

Thank you so much Ginger for sharing, and thanks to Sue for typing! This is great!

Thanks Ginger for posting this!;)

My upline are such WONDERFUL people!! :D

Thank You Ginger!!

1. What is the "Lisa Amblo Knife Talk" all about?

The "Lisa Amblo Knife Talk" is a series of online demonstrations and discussions about our high-quality Pampered Chef knives. It is led by our brand ambassador, Lisa Amblo, who shares her expertise and tips on how to get the most out of your knives.

2. How often does the "Lisa Amblo Knife Talk" take place?

The "Lisa Amblo Knife Talk" is a bi-weekly event, taking place every other week. We also have a library of past episodes available to watch at any time on our website.

3. Do I need to own Pampered Chef knives to participate in the "Lisa Amblo Knife Talk"?

No, you do not need to own Pampered Chef knives to participate in the "Lisa Amblo Knife Talk." The discussions and tips shared can be applied to any brand of knives. However, we highly recommend trying out our Pampered Chef knives for the best results!

4. How do I join the "Lisa Amblo Knife Talk"?

To join the "Lisa Amblo Knife Talk," simply visit our website and click on the "Knife Talk" tab. From there, you can register for upcoming live events or watch past episodes. You can also follow us on social media for updates on upcoming events.

5. Can I ask questions during the "Lisa Amblo Knife Talk"?

Absolutely! We encourage active participation during the "Lisa Amblo Knife Talk." You can submit your questions through the chat feature, and Lisa will answer them live during the event. We also have a Q&A session at the end of each episode.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
bijoux
Replies
Views
raebates
  • robotChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies