• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover a New Cooking Show Hosted by SoWho's Spouses in September!

In summary, some individuals are planning on hosting a cooking show in September, with one person eagerly anticipating the chance to get new cookware. However, they may have to sneak and order the cookware without their spouse's knowledge. Another person is considering having an open house in August to take advantage of the booking bonus, but due to a policy, cannot receive the benefits if they live with the host. They may have their mother act as the host instead. There is some confusion about the policies and restrictions for hosting shows within the same household, but ultimately it is up to the individual's conscience to decide if it is morally right.
Chef_2_Four
will be hosting a cooking show in September? Mine is! He wants that new cookware so bad! He can't wait! He is such a dork!! Not really!! I always said I was going to marry a man that cooks for me!! I can't wait to get my free stuff, wesley can't wait so he can see the new saute pan!

Yea, right! My hubby thinks I am a nut case for wanting MORE products! He doesn't understand how much I *need* all of them!!

As much as I'd love to get them on host special in September, I think DH would kick me out of the house. Unless I ordered them, and just put them in storage until we redo the kitchen next year.

Just order and sneak them when he isn't around!!

Chef_2_Four said:
I already do that with Tupperware. ;) And he'd notice the stainless cookware. All we use is the professional line - big difference between the dark anodized and the shiny stainless.

Although..... he is a big fan of chrome. I could probably sell him on the idea that we'd have chrome-look pans.

chefann said:
Although..... he is a big fan of chrome. I could probably sell him on the idea that we'd have chrome-look pans.

That might work!!

I'm hoping to do ann open house of some sort. Although...maybe August sneak peak open house would be better. That way when I get bookings off my open house for September I'll get more cookware!

As a consultant, you can't take advantage of the booking bonus, so you wouldn't be able to get the cookware special as the past host. Sorry.

:( :( :( :( :(

Maybe I'll just do Septmeber then.

I was going to do that in Aug have an open house but since I can't use the booking benefits...

You can also ask you mom to act as host and still get the booking benefit. Maybe let your mom have the HS and FPV and you get the half price items. I think that is allowed but ask your Dir. b/c I may be wrong I've never done it before. It makes sense to me.

Chef_2_Four said:
I just make sure he isn't home when I deal with the stuff. He thinks I have too much.

I think I'm going to convince my mom to. Of course, I'll be use anything she buys as we live together :D

Policy is that if a host lives in your house it is considered the same as if you were host - you can't take advantage of the past host benefit and anything ordered with the show discount is not commissionable. So it does you no good to have your spouse be host.

It's all in our Business Guide.

Yes, the consultant as host feature in P3 is there for a reason. :)
I was going to host my own show in August, now Sept. looks so good too!

MY DH is like ummmm dear I want to host THREE shows for you!! I said why.. he goes I want the stainless Steal... and I want you to get the excuitive cookware... I just need the sets for the excuitve and I will have all of it!! But I think one of those will be doing a mystery host show!!!

BethCooks4U said:
Policy is that if a host lives in your house it is considered the same as if you were host - you can't take advantage of the past host benefit and anything ordered with the show discount is not commissionable. So it does you no good to have your spouse be host.

It's all in our Business Guide.

What?? My mom has taken advantage of the booking benefit.

kaceyleigh2 said:

Does your mom live in the same house as you?

kaceyleigh2 said:

I think that is where the software doesn't restrict us to the point the policies do...

kaceyleigh2 said:
If she lives in your house technically she can't (past host (booking) benefit and commission on show discount is what I'm referring to). We also can't recruit someone with the same address as we have.

janetupnorth said:
I think that is where the software doesn't restrict us to the point the policies do...

We all have a little thing called a consence (sp?) or aka Gimnney Cricket in your ear.... ask yourself before you do something with your business is this moraly right. IMHO.... their is my 2 cents

See page F-5:

You may want to host your own Show from time to time.
When you or a member of your household hosts your own show, you are entitled to host benefits and commissions as follows:

- You receive commission on guest orders only.
- You are not entitled to the Booking benefit or past host discount.
- Personal orders placed on the show do not count toward the achievement of any bonus, incentive or award.
- A recruiter or upline director cannot be the host for a downline consultant.

mommyhugz1978 said:
We all have a little thing called a consence (sp?) or aka Gimnney Cricket in your ear.... ask yourself before you do something with your business is this moraly right. IMHO.... their is my 2 cents

Exactly! Those who are programmers know how insane it would be to program to meet all the policies. They TRUST US to follow them.

janetupnorth said:
See page F-5:

You may want to host your own Show from time to time.
When you or a member of your household hosts your own show, you are entitled to host benefits and commissions as follows:

- You receive commission on guest orders only.
- You are not entitled to the Booking benefit or past host discount.
- Personal orders placed on the show do not count toward the achievement of any bonus, incentive or award.
- A recruiter or upline director cannot be the host for a downline consultant.

Like I said..... you have to ask yourself before you do these things..... ;) :eek: :D

janetupnorth said:
Exactly! Those who are programmers know how insane it would be to program to meet all the policies. They TRUST US to follow them.

My DH is a great supporter of my business.... and helps me when ever or where ever he can...... he host shows but he knows I can't get commishion off of it.....

HERE is my question though is it people that live in the same house or is it people with the same last name as you???? My MIL wants to host a show.. their down sizing and wants some new goodies for her kitchen!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
My DH is a great supporter of my business.... and helps me when ever or where ever he can...... he host shows but he knows I can't get commishion off of it.....

HERE is my question though is it people that live in the same house or is it people with the same last name as you???? My MIL wants to host a show.. their down sizing and wants some new goodies for her kitchen!!

As far as anything I read, it is same household.

If MIL lives outside the house, you are fine. That would be way too restrictive if it wasn't o.k.

It gets touchy if you have an adult child in the house that is basically independent. He/She would technically have to move out before they would sign under you as a consultant.

janetupnorth said:
As far as anything I read, it is same household.

If MIL lives outside the house, you are fine. That would be way too restrictive if it wasn't o.k.

Nope she lives 2 1/2 hours away from me........

Names don't matter at all - just the address. I did find that PP (can't speak for P3) won't let you put two people with the same name in.

I had a host last year that was not related but had exactly the same name as one I had a few years later. They both used their formal name for everything but we had to use a nickname for the second for it to even be accepted without opening the other's info. The wierd thing is that the first name was Constance - not that common a name I didn't think.

DH had offered to sign when I was close to promoting but I said no thanks! I'd rather live with you! And besides if we both signed and one earned a trip the other couldn't go!!:eek:

Yes, she lives in the same house. And, yes, I have a conscience, apparently I was not clear on the rules. I just assumed my mother had the same advantages as ALL of my other hosts and customers.

well I guess I will have show without the benefits! My question is I use my mother in laws address to ship all of my stuff too, so I looks like I live with her but they have still accepted her as a host. my physical address is to much of a pain to find! my street is my driveway and no one can ever find it! I guess because I have my po box listed it technically isn't the same as hers.

kaceyleigh2 said:
And, yes, I have a conscience, apparently I was not clear on the rules. I just assumed my mother had the same advantages as ALL of my other hosts and customers.

LOL! I don't think she (or I) was questioning your conscience...we just got off on that for those who DO know the rules.

The best thing I read when I started was the policies and procedures manual (I know I'm a geek). It really helped to understand most issues I'd encounter. I recommend a reading to anyone new.

Chef_2_Four said:
well I guess I will have show without the benefits! My question is I use my mother in laws address to ship all of my stuff too, so I looks like I live with her but they have still accepted her as a host. my physical address is to much of a pain to find! my street is my driveway and no one can ever find it! I guess because I have my po box listed it technically isn't the same as hers.

I would call and ask HO about it!!!

kaceyleigh2 said:
Yes, she lives in the same house. And, yes, I have a conscience, apparently I was not clear on the rules. I just assumed my mother had the same advantages as ALL of my other hosts and customers.

You got to understand... I jsut got a letter from HO about something that I didnt' know I was in the wrong for...... when in doubt call HO they are always happy to help us!!

Chef_2_Four said:
If that is the case, you could in good conscious address the show as follows:

mother in law's name
c/o your name
her address
city/state/zip

Since she doesn't live with you she is eligible to get those benefits. It doesn't matter that you have your orders shipped there. Just be sure that the "c/o" part is on the first line for the address.

janetupnorth said:
LOL! I don't think she (or I) was questioning your conscience...we just got off on that for those who DO know the rules.

The best thing I read when I started was the policies and procedures manual (I know I'm a geek). It really helped to understand most issues I'd encounter. I recommend a reading to anyone new.

Thank you for clearing that up.
I have definately read the policies and procedures and I knew that I could not take advantage of the booking benefit and I knew that I could not recruit anyone that lived here but I guess I was unclear on the part about household members taking advantage of the Booking Benefit and I never would think to question HO about it, as I didn't even think it was an issue. Every product we (as a household) own has been something I've earned as a consultant, my mom has earned as a host or my mom or husband has bought at Full Price, so I just never imagined that I was breaking the rules.
Guess my mom is going to have to find a new place to live...j/k

I never knew about the booking benefit either. I was going to have Wesley host the show since he wants the cookware, not that I wouldn't mind having it either. So it doesn't matter who hosts the show right? I would still get free products and the hostess special correct?

Related to Discover a New Cooking Show Hosted by SoWho's Spouses in September!

1. What is the new cooking show hosted by SoWho's spouses in September?

The new cooking show is called "Discover a New Cooking Show Hosted by SoWho's Spouses" and it will be premiering in September.

2. Who will be hosting the cooking show in September?

The cooking show will be hosted by various spouses of SoWho's employees, including your very own Wesley!

3. Will there be any special cookware featured on the show?

Yes, there will be new cookware featured on the show that will be available for purchase. Your husband is definitely not the only one excited about it!

4. When will the cooking show be airing in September?

The exact air dates for the cooking show have not been announced yet, but it will most likely air throughout the entire month of September.

5. How can I get free stuff from the cooking show?

By attending the cooking show and participating in the demonstrations and activities, you have a chance to win free products from Pampered Chef. Don't miss out on this opportunity to stock your kitchen with new and exciting items!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ChefMJ
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
vanscootin