1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Discontinued pantry products

1. What were the ingredients in pantry picnic salad seasoning mix?

Jun 30, 2015
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I've never heard of that. Are you sure it's PC? It sounds like a Tastefully Simple product.

Jul 1, 2015
  3. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

It is a PC product but it was so long ago, I would have no idea where to even find what to substitute.

Jul 4, 2015
  4. cochef

cochef Veteran Member Gold Member

Well, I still had one of the packets, minus the mixes, so here is what it says for ingredients:
    Sugar, salt, dehydrated carrot, green onion, and red bell pepper, vinegar powder, cultured buttermilk, spices, dextrose, onion powder, natural favors, silicon dioxide (anti-caking).
    Good luck duplicating that, ha!

Jul 5, 2015
  5. Shari in TX

Shari in TX Member Gold Member

Looks a little like a sweet version of the Hidden Valley Ranch powder or the Knorr Vegetable recipe mix packet? Neither of those have sugar though.

I did a little more searching because now I'm intrigued. An old thread on this site from 2005 had this information:

Several popular recipes in The Pampered Chef collection use Pantry seasoning mixes that have been discontinued. The following substitutions may be used in place of these recipe ingredients:

From the Super Salads Recipe Card Collection:
    •Buffalo Chicken Salad: Substitute Cajun seasoning for the Pantry Cajun Herb Seasoning Mix.
    •Chilled Seafood Salad: Substitute 1 tablespoon of Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix for the Pantry Picnic Salad Seasoning Mix.
    •Dazzling Dressings, Chunky Blue Cheese: Omit Pantry Picnic Salad Seasoning Mix. Decrease milk to 1/4 cup. Increase blue cheese to 1/3 cup.

Don't know if that helps at all, but I thought I'd share it.

Shari in TX

Jul 9, 2015
    raebates likes this.
  6. Sounds good! thanks

Jul 23, 2015
Have something to add?