• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discontinued pantry products

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I've never heard of that. Are you sure it's PC? It sounds like a Tastefully Simple product.

baychef

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2005
It is a PC product but it was so long ago, I would have no idea where to even find what to substitute.

cochef

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2007
Well, I still had one of the packets, minus the mixes, so here is what it says for ingredients:
Sugar, salt, dehydrated carrot, green onion, and red bell pepper, vinegar powder, cultured buttermilk, spices, dextrose, onion powder, natural favors, silicon dioxide (anti-caking).
Good luck duplicating that, ha!

Shari in TX

Gold Member
Aug 7, 2010
Looks a little like a sweet version of the Hidden Valley Ranch powder or the Knorr Vegetable recipe mix packet? Neither of those have sugar though.

I did a little more searching because now I'm intrigued. An old thread on this site from 2005 had this information:

Several popular recipes in The Pampered Chef collection use Pantry seasoning mixes that have been discontinued. The following substitutions may be used in place of these recipe ingredients:

From the Super Salads Recipe Card Collection:
•Buffalo Chicken Salad: Substitute Cajun seasoning for the Pantry Cajun Herb Seasoning Mix.
•Chilled Seafood Salad: Substitute 1 tablespoon of Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix for the Pantry Picnic Salad Seasoning Mix.
•Dazzling Dressings, Chunky Blue Cheese: Omit Pantry Picnic Salad Seasoning Mix. Decrease milk to 1/4 cup. Increase blue cheese to 1/3 cup.

Don't know if that helps at all, but I thought I'd share it.

Shari in TX