• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointing Mommy and Me Show: Cleaning Mishap and Low Turnout | Event Recap

In summary, Rachel's mother's home was incredibly dirty and unkempt, with four pet ferrets running around. Despite this, Rachel still tried to show her guests how to do the demo. Unfortunately, the turnout was very low.
2crazyboys
I had my mommy and me show over the weekend. It was with an old college roommate that I haven't seen in years. I walked into her house and I have never seen a house that dirty. I didn't even know what to do to set up because there was stuff everywhere. Apparently she had had CPS at her house that morning inspecting her house because they've had concerns over it before.

She forgot that there was something going on in her neighborhood that weekend so the only person that came was her mom. I was so shocked by the whole thing that I didn't even really do a demonstration for the adults the way I was planning on. We just helped her kids go to each station and make their lunch. I left a bunch of catalogs and she said she is going to pass them around and that she had a bunch of stuff she wanted to order. I have never had a show that no one showed up for. As far as I know she handed out all the invitations I gave her it just turned out to be a bad weekend.

Or maybe everyone else knew the state of her house, and so made their "excuses" for why they couldn't make it?:eek:

Sorry to hear you had a loosy show.....

As far as I know she handed out all the invitations I gave her it just turned out to be a bad weekend.

Have you considered sending the invitations for your hosts? I haven't done that yet, but I'm planning on starting and hope that it works to increase attendance, but of course, I don't think it would have mattered in this case, if what Becky said is right, which is probably the case!!

I am so sorry that it didn't go very well. I have had shows that nose dived too. I know it is tough and embarrassing, but you also have to consider her situation too. There may be more to the story.

No matter how much you host coach it is always up in the air.

Rachel I see you are from SLC who is your director?? I am origanally from the Orem/Springville area and I miss UT so bad

Also so sorry to hear about your show

So sorry about the party. Maybe she'll surprise you with oodles of outside orders.

Wow, I've been lucky so far - most of the houses I have gone to have been clean. None have been terrible!

The good thing about everyone sharing is we get to live it w/you and it prepares us in the future:)!

Here's hoping she gets some orders for you.

Good Luck,

It's always a bit shocking when we encounter a home that is clearly not maintained well. Not just different styles of housekeeping either...

I've done nearly 400 shows and only one that was so filthy I felt a need to shower afterwards. The gal had 4 pet ferrets in big cages...but it was clear they had the run of her VERY SMALL house until just before the party. It was 95 degrees outside; the air conditioning was broken; she had dishes stacked high in the kitchen and pizza boxes with cold, old pizza on counters. Of course the ferrets were immediately next to the table I was doing my demo on. Yuck.

From a training tape I have had for years, I knew that I still had to find a way to compliment this host....so I asked her about the ferrets and said how cute they were. Party ended up being a bit over 300 but mostly outside orders. She has been a guest/outside order person ever since but I haven't sought her out for a repeat as host.

I'm in American Fork. Tina Fairborne is my director. This is a nice area. Where are you now?

Jennie4PC said:
Rachel I see you are from SLC who is your director?? I am origanally from the Orem/Springville area and I miss UT so bad

Also so sorry to hear about your show

oh yes. I forgot to mention the pets. She had 3 cats and 2 dogs and her 4 kids were running around the house naked. One peed on the carpet while I was there. I was just shocked. My house is by no means spotless but I try and be mostly clean. I'm hoping that she'll have some outside orders. She wants to close the show sometime next week and I know she wants to order a bunch of stuff and her mom had a list of stuff she wanted so I'm hoping it will at least be enough to qualify as a show. My baby is due in Nov. and I've really been slacking off so I need a show to stay active.

Sorry to hear about your show, I think we've all had to suffer through one like that.

By the way, I'm in Lehi, and I just had my third baby in July. Life is crazy, but I've been able to stay active all throughout my pregnancy and after. Good luck!:)

2crazyboys said:
I'm in American Fork. Tina Fairborne is my director. This is a nice area. Where are you now?

I am currently in Elko, we do definitly plan on moving back to UT dont know when but we miss it so bad:D congrats on your pregnancy

I did a party at a house that was FILTHY. I was shocked ....because this was a fellow Girl Scout Leader. Not that means she shoould be spotless because I know I am not. But there were dirty dishes everywhere!! In every room. I ended up help piling "stuff" in a huge pile had to be 2 ft tall and 2 wide. Her kids came and moved the pile to thier rooms but people wrere starting to arrive at this point and THEY started to clean. They acted like this was normal.
This was the 2nd show I did for her. The first show the house was neat.
I think there is always one host we can say this about though.

What is "That Did Not Go Well"?

"That Did Not Go Well" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to describe a cooking or baking mishap during a live demonstration or party. It is often said in a humorous way to acknowledge that things did not go as planned.

Do I have to say "That Did Not Go Well" during a party demonstration?

No, saying "That Did Not Go Well" is not required during a party demonstration. It is simply a phrase used to lighten the mood and show that you are human and make mistakes just like everyone else.

How should I handle a cooking or baking mishap during a party demonstration?

If something goes wrong during a demonstration, it's best to acknowledge it and move on. You can use the phrase "That Did Not Go Well" in a lighthearted manner, or simply explain what happened and continue with the demonstration. Don't worry, mistakes happen and your guests will understand.

Can saying "That Did Not Go Well" affect my sales?

No, saying "That Did Not Go Well" will not affect your sales. In fact, it can show your guests that you are relatable and can help build a connection with them. As long as you handle the mishap gracefully and continue with the demonstration, it will not have a negative impact on your sales.

Is there a proper way to use the phrase "That Did Not Go Well" during a party demonstration?

There is no specific way to use the phrase "That Did Not Go Well" during a party demonstration. You can use it in a lighthearted manner or simply acknowledge the mishap and move on. The most important thing is to handle the situation with grace and continue to engage with your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • northern_sunshine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
northern_sunshine
Replies