• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointing Show: No Attendance, Wasted Efforts | TPC Presentation Recap

In summary, the conversation revolved around a disappointing home show where no guests showed up despite the host claiming to have sent out invitations and reminder calls. The consultant is suspicious that the host may have been lying about the number of guests and outside orders. The consultant is also disappointed about losing potential bookings and a CCS prize. The conversation ends with words of encouragement and support from fellow consultants.
northern_sunshine
a total bust. :( NO ONE showed up. I drove 100km round trip for nothing. I got there probably 45 mins early and as I'm setting up, the girl is like "I don't think anyone is coming." Apparently, she knew this ALL DAY but didn't call and say "Hey, maybe we should reschedule!" Her MIL and friend went to PEI, her sister was sick and her mom forgot. When I talked to her Tuesday, she said 4 - 5 people and she had outside orders and that she'd sent almost all 40 invites and did reminder calls.

I think she was fibbing, cause there was no outside orders at all, she didn't even talk about TPC hardly at all. I've given her til Tuesday to get outside orders, but i don't think it's happening.

Awww...

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

That stinks! But it happens to most of us at one time or another.

Did you reschedule her, or is this a case of "bless and release"?

Every experience is a learning experience!Yes, it sucks, but hey - you got to practice getting set up for your shows and how to handle difficult situations. It's all learning. I learned just yesterday to make sure that every host knows that the shipments will come to their house and they have to sort (after getting a complaint about the same). I learned to make sure she knows she's right, and I apologized and made sure she was happy by the end of our conversation.

She might talk about the nice PC Consultant who came to her house for nothing and was gracious, but she will DEFINITELY talk about the PC Consultant who came to her house and treated her badly for a "no show".

I and my Director had a Mega show in May where every single table cancelled - we turned it into an Open House, wherein only 5 people came! We chalked it all up to experience, contacted the people who did come and will have a couple of bookings from it.

Perhaps you could ask your host for her guest list and ask if they'd mind you contacting them to host their own shows?

Cheer up, one bad show is one closer to a good one!

She didn't show any interest in rescheduling, I did the demo (she was my only booking from my "book in June, July, August and you could win free ingredients!" thing from my Yard Sale (so I'm also out the ingredients for the CCS, which I had a bunch of prep work done on).

This may be more a case of "bless and release", she's a bit...peculiar. When I had a meeting (before I signed) with my recruiter, she came over and asked for my recruiters card and when I told my recruiter about it, she made the connection and said she seemed a bit "off."

My demo sucked (though I was totally gracious and didn't let on my disappointment) cause I spent the whole time trying to keep the UM and my utility knife :eek: out of her 18 month olds hands (while she laughed, sat and said "Now don't do that sweetie"). :mad:

My feet were also black when I got home (I did the demo barefoot). :eek:

Oh, I just hate it when that happens. Hugs to you!

{{{{hugs}}}} This happens to everyone, keep your head up!!

Yuck! I hate it when that happens. Hope your next show is a big blowout.

Today I got 2 e-mails from this host. One was in reply to an e-mail I had sent 2 weeks ago, saying she got my message (I'd hope so, since I called and talked to you 2 times since them and saw you since I sent that) and one (a form letter) to be a MSN contact. Don't know what to do with that, especially since that e-mail isn't tied to an MSN login. :confused:

I totally feel your pain! I just had my lowest show total EVER, this week= $113! EEk and there were 10 ladies there!!!!!
My first long distance show is next week, I hope it reaches a higher level to make it worth my travel time!! Sorry to hear about your show! :(

I have a long distance show after I get back from conference but it is a past host, so I hope she has a better turn out than she did last time,she only had one person their and that person ordered one thing.. I was so peeved!!! LOL I am sorry that happened .. big hugs to you!!!

I am so sorry!! I can't believe that!! Anyway, hopefully it is something that will never happen again!

I am so sorry for your trip, and no show. Sometimes we can count these as blessings in descquise - descise -don't know how to spell that word! I have had a crummy month - started out with 6 shows and only 2 have held. Bad stuff happens to all of us - and I don't that doesn't help the situ any. But I like I said, count it as a blessing, since you said she did seem a little "off"

Best wishes!
Stephanie

Don't you hate that! I totally understand! I had a show where no one showed up until 45 MINUTES after the show was suppose to begin. In the end, a total of 5 showed up, but no orders were placed and no outside orders either. And to top it off, I called the host a few days later to check back with her and she was drunk!! So needless to say, it ended up not being a show after all. I know it may seem like a waste of time, but as you say, we must "bless and release" and move on to the next show! {{HUGS}}:eek:

I'm sorry that happened to you Angela. I hope you never have to endurea host/show like that again.

I am down in the dumps too! I had 5 shows scheduled this month. Two cancelled and haven't rescheduled. My show last night was supposed to have 8-10 guests. Three showed and two placed orders. I left last night with $122.00 in orders. Luckily some of the no shows placed online orders today so it can actually be called a show.

Keep your chin up. May the Pampered Chef angels be watching over your shoulder!

In the continuing saga of my least successful show ever, I called the host today (a day or so after i was supposed to, things have been hectic here and the little one is teething and a bit of a grump). Asked her if she had any outside orders. She said that her sister was supposed to call her back "sometime soon" with an order. I told her to be classed as a party is has to be $200 (in Canada) before tax and shipping. She seemed peachy with that?

I'm very confused with this girl and I'm not 100% sure she's understanding what I'm telling her sometimes (and yes, I speak her native language, English!) :confused:

Some host are just flaky no matter how much u try to help them. Luckily I have not YET had this bad of an experience. I have had two $150 shows this month which I have never had and had 3 cancellation though.

I would be mad as could be in your situation too. Maybe she will get some orders and it will be a little better for you.

Sending hugs and thoughts of orders your way...........

{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Angela, I am so sorry this happened to you. I have been in the biz 7 years now and even though I just had a show like this two things were different...the host live MUCH closer and I was able to get her one pre-schooler involved in making the recipe (she said I didn't have to but she was so nice that I went through with it). My host thought people were coming and that morning a great uncle of hers died so her mother and grandmother went out of town. Her show did close at $700, however.

I send out my host's invitations and offer to make reminder calls so although it isn't always a guarentee...it may have helped boost the show sales.

Hang in there and l hope your next show is over $1,000!!! If you haven't blessed and released this host, I hope you consider it. She sounds like a waste of time and money. Look forward!!!!

Oh, I am so blessing and releasing this host when this is done. The funny thing is (I can't recall if I mentioned this), she was all gung ho to have a show, when I had a meeting with my director about signing, she came up to my director for a card so she could book a show.

-If- (big if) her sister does place an order, it will have to go as an individual and this girl will get no benefit and I told her this. People just confuse me.

Related to Disappointing Show: No Attendance, Wasted Efforts | TPC Presentation Recap

What is "Last Night's Show Was..."?

"Last Night's Show Was..." is a virtual event hosted by Pampered Chef where we showcase our latest and most popular products, share recipes, and provide cooking tips and techniques.

How often are "Last Night's Show Was..." events held?

We typically hold "Last Night's Show Was..." events once a month, but the frequency may vary based on demand and product releases.

Do I need to purchase anything to attend "Last Night's Show Was..."?

No, attending "Last Night's Show Was..." is completely free. However, if you see something you like during the show, you can purchase it through your Pampered Chef consultant or on our website.

Can I interact with the host during "Last Night's Show Was..."?

Absolutely! Our virtual events are meant to be interactive and engaging. You can ask questions, share your own cooking experiences, and even participate in live polls and challenges.

Can I rewatch "Last Night's Show Was..." if I miss it?

Yes, all of our "Last Night's Show Was..." events are recorded and available to watch on our website or through your consultant. You can also access the recipes and tips shared during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Chandreena
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • babywings76