• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Disappointed With Ho Cs!!! (Long)

I was told that they couldn't find the purchase for me. Summary:The author is disappointed because she has never had a problem finding a purchase for her clients through customer service, but now they are requiring receipt information. She met a woman at a fair who has had her stone replaced multiple times, and the consultant she was given could not find the purchase for her either. She is going to try again tomorrow and is concerned that the same woman will be her customer.
flemings99
Gold Member
:grumpy:So I've been doing returns for almost 4 years and have NEVER had a problem with calling CS and telling them the name of a client and them finding the purchase for me.

Seems like they are now going back to the receipt information being needed or no help!! :mad:

This makes me very disappointed b/c how many of us know when and where we got our stuff. I promise you I don't.

I met a gal at a fair this past weekend who has had her stone replaced 2 xs so far. She even gave me the consultant name & the lady told me she couldn't find it......well that was after she got mad that I didn't have any more information and that she wouldn't be able to help me. I explained that they normally look up the info. by client name and that she has had it break 2 other times so I know she is in the system.

She then asked if I had other adjustments before she checked on this one and I told her yes. Again gave her the consultant name and the guest name and what item needed replaced. A stir-fry skillet.

She put me on hold for maybe 30 sec. and then told me she wasn't able to located either one.

There is NO WAY she even tried to look them up and it only took 30 sec. for both of them!!! Now I'm going to have 2 Ticked off clients on my hands!!

So frustrating!!! Anyone else getting the same run-around?

call back and talk to someone else...I have never had a problem with them finding someone...did she order the stone in her name? did she have an estimated show date? Is there a reason she is not using her own consultant?

Her consultant is no longer in our area. Usually that is the case or they no longer sell. Sometimes it's just they are at one of my shows and have a customer care issue. I think it's my job to help them and not just send them back to their former consultant. Lots of times they don't even remember who the consultant was. For these 2 gals they did know.

Maybe I'll wait a day and try again. Wouldn't want to get the same lady.

Have sent a msg. to my ED to see if they have changed the policy.

I totally understand, and I too try to help my guests. If they purchased it from my parties, I help them in a heartbeat. If they can not remember the host's or consultant's name and do not have a receipt, I usually ask them if they know when they bought it. If I get another "don't remember" I usually refer them to HO letting them know that they may or may not be able to help them.

My feelings are that I am very generous and helpful with my business. I do returns every other month for people, but I do have my limits. If the person purchasing the product can not take any responsibility, then I feel that HO needs to help them.

Sounds mean, but I need people to meet me at least an inch of the way!!

It is my understanding that at the very least the Lifetime Guarantee items are stored in the system with the customer's name, just for this reason (thinking of that skillet).

Now, I don't think 30 seconds is too short of a time to look up a name, I'm sure all she'd have to do is type it in. However, I don't see why she'd put you on hold to do it. Personally, I'd want you on the phone so that I could make sure I was spelling it right.

I would second the suggestion to call again and speak to a different rep. And if they're able to find it, make sure they know of your previous experience.

I would call back. The other thing I have had happen is that they have to look it up in the old system, I don't know if that is still a problem or not, but I remember having a lady put me on hold because she needed to pull up the old system since the return was a number of years old.

Not hijacking your thread! I just had a VERY friends CS rep help with replacement of my melted slotted turned after it's first use, however I was then told I needed to send it back at my own cost!

But I digress....

I had originally called them because I wanted to figure out why my 3" paring knife has never been "straight", and after being transferred to two other people who couldn't answer.... I gave up.

I've learned sometimes they are great, and sometimes they cause more aggravation!

robochick84 said:
I've learned sometimes they are great, and sometimes they cause more aggravation!

And sometimes they make you look really bad when you get one answer and then the customer calls and gets another answer so that the customer thinks you were lying. I'm now going to suggest customers call HO first and then call me if they have a problem. HO is more willing to work with a customer than us, it seems. My example involved a pantry item, which the receipt clearly says can't be returned. HO ended up giving the customer credit for the item toward an additional purchase she wanted. Then the customer called me to chew me out after I had called, was told "no" and told the customer this.

Really, if you think about it- the customer has a receipt when she leaves a show...and it clearly has the warranty information on the back. They are adults, and if they expect to get the warranty honored, they also have to do THEIR part and keep their receipts for future reference. Without it, the warranty does not have to be honored anyway. I think PC's had so many people pull the "I don't remember", and PC would just replace it based on their word- no receipt, very little proof. Now they are requiring the receipt and details. I'm sure it's a huge cost-saving move too.Maybe they can look them up- but maybe they can't. Remember, they did do a huge system change last year. We don't know what they are able to look up now. I like the idea of if a non-customer comes asking me to assist with a return, I can give them a list of steps to take for THEM to call Cust.Service themselves. If it's one of MY customers, then I'll gladly help them with the call.This is also a good reason to provide P3 receipts to customers - not only does it give a good opportunity for Customer Care, but it provides the customer with a receipt that has ALL of the information we know PC would need for a return...and they are easier to file/read than the 3-ply receipts. :)

I'm still trying to get a refund on an over-charge from 18 or so months ago. I'm fed up with corporate. I've tried to help with so many customer complaints in the last year (other consultant sales) and I'm tired of getting the inept people answering the phone who are always certain that it's somebody else's issue. And forget trying to e-mail. They don't answer those at all. I called again last week and talked to tech support to see if they could verify if my e-mails are being re-directed somewhere or if they can prove that they are being read by an employee at corporate before I complain about the people not replying to e-mails. They didn't know, forwarded me to a supervisor who assured me that she was going to look into it & call me back on Thursday (because she was off on Wednesday). Here it is a full week since her promise and no call as of yet. I'm getting to the point where I can't even promise my customers anymore that Corporate is good about their warranty policy and customer service. :( I'm highly disappointed in them yet again ...

But this thread motivated me to send a 5th request on another issue ...

I've had a couple of reps tell me that without show info, they could not help. I just hang up and call again, and usually get a different rep who is willing to help. I have to say that 9 out of 10 times, I get a friendly rep who is always quite helpful. I've been fortunate, and hope the trend continues! lol

So my ED forwarded my message I sent her to HO and I had a VERY NICE Sup. call me this evening to go over what happened. She also apologized for how my call was handled earlier in the day. I think the gal is in trouble, which wasn't my intention. The sup who called me back is looking into the return issues for me.

Had to let her go b/c we were in the middle of NCT. She's going to call me back with what she finds out. 2 new recruits in less than a wk!! WAHOO!!!!

I have to say this is the only time I've ever had a problem. I think for the most part we have a great cs dept. You can't say that about every comp.

when she calls back, try to confirm what information they can and cannot search for- when we as consultant's only get partial info from a customer.....maybe she can clear this up for us! :)That's great though that she did that. I wonder if they just increased or have had turnover and the CS folks we are getting who dno't seem to have a clue, just haven't been there long or have very little work-ethic to try to learn.

esavvymom said:
when she calls back, try to confirm what information they can and cannot search for- when we as consultant's only get partial info from a customer.....maybe she can clear this up for us! :)

That's great though that she did that. I wonder if they just increased or have had turnover and the CS folks we are getting who dno't seem to have a clue, just haven't been there long or have very little work-ethic to try to learn.

Per my conversation this evening, yes they can look up clients by their name. Of course it is helpful to have as much information as possible.

I have been told in the past a particular name had over 90 entries and would have to have more info. to find the order. Which I think anyone could understand that.

flemings99 said:
Per my conversation this evening, yes they can look up clients by their name. Of course it is helpful to have as much information as possible.

I have been told in the past a particular name had over 90 entries and would have to have more info. to find the order. Which I think anyone could understand that.

That would make sense! And all they have to do is tell us that....if they pull up a name and see that, then yes, tell me.

I guess I was always one of those tech-support personnell that would do everything I could. it didn't add much to my work time - it actually made my life easier, and it honestly felt good to be that helpful! Yes- some folks I knew would take advantage of it...but most appreciated me for it and trusted me and my support. I guess it's too much to ask for something close to that.

Thanks for following through. It helps everyone else in the long run.
:)

1. What are Ho Cs and why are people disappointed with them?

Ho Cs are a type of kitchen tool used for cutting and slicing various foods. They are designed to be easy to use and provide efficient cutting. However, some customers have reported being disappointed with their performance, citing issues such as dull blades and difficulty with cutting certain foods.

2. Are there any specific foods that Ho Cs struggle with?

While Ho Cs are generally effective for most cutting tasks, some customers have reported difficulty with cutting tougher or more fibrous foods such as root vegetables, meats with bones, and hard cheeses. It is recommended to use a different type of knife for these types of foods.

3. Can the blades on Ho Cs be sharpened?

Yes, the blades on Ho Cs can be sharpened using a knife sharpener or honing rod. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and use caution when sharpening to avoid damaging the blades.

4. Are there any other common issues with Ho Cs?

Some customers have also reported issues with the handle of their Ho Cs, such as it being uncomfortable to hold or becoming loose over time. It is recommended to try out the tool before purchasing or to contact the manufacturer for a replacement if you experience any issues with the handle.

5. What can I do if I am dissatisfied with my Ho Cs?

If you are unsatisfied with your Ho Cs, we recommend reaching out to the Pampered Chef customer service team. They will be happy to assist you with any concerns or issues you may have and work towards finding a solution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • hselby87