• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointed in Marshmallow Ornaments!!

In summary, if your marshmallow ornaments are not turning out as expected, make sure to use fresh marshmallows and melt them slowly over low heat. You may also need to adjust the amount of corn syrup or powdered sugar. Regular sized marshmallows can be used, but cut them into smaller pieces. Let the ornaments set for at least 24 hours before hanging to prevent breakage. To prevent sticking, lightly coat cookie cutters with cooking spray or oil. Food coloring can be added, but do so slowly and mix well to avoid affecting the texture and consistency of the ornaments.
cactus_flower
I tried the Marshmallow Treat Ornaments in the Festive Holiday Desserts and was very disappointed! The recipe says it yields 16 ornaments; I halved it and barely got four! And, using the amount of food coloring they suggested made them a very pale green and red.

I was afraid to roll them in the nonpareils in the coating trays for fear of staining the trays. And I was unable to roll them so that the nonpareils made a ring around the center. I was so excited to demo these; now, I am afraid someone will see them in the book and buy it! Any suggestions?

What kind of food coloring did you use? Did you use the good stuff used by cake decorators? I haven't looked at the recipe, yet, so I'm not very helpful at this point. I haven't tried anything in that recipe book, yet.

JAE, I used McCormick's--didn't know there was a special kind that decorators use. Where would you purchase it?

Hobby Lobby or Michaels have it. I think the brand is Wilton, and you find it in the cake decorating section.

Wilton makes a great paste-type food colouring. I assume that's what they used in this recipe.
To use it, dip a toothpick into the container of colouring, and stir into white icing. Keep adding paste as needed to get your desired shade.
Once you start using this kind of food colouring, you'll never go back to the liquid.

Thanks fellow consultants--I'll have to get some!

1. Why are my marshmallow ornaments not turning out as expected?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's important to make sure you are using fresh marshmallows and melting them slowly over low heat. You may also need to add a bit more corn syrup or powdered sugar to get the right consistency. If all else fails, feel free to reach out to our customer service team for troubleshooting tips.

2. Can I use regular marshmallows instead of mini ones?

Yes, you can use regular sized marshmallows for your ornaments. Just make sure to cut them into smaller pieces before melting to ensure they mix evenly with the other ingredients.

3. How long do the marshmallow ornaments need to set before they are ready to hang?

We recommend letting the ornaments set for at least 24 hours before hanging. This will give them enough time to fully harden and prevent any potential breakage.

4. My ornaments are sticking to the cookie cutters, what should I do?

Make sure to lightly coat your cookie cutters with cooking spray or oil before pressing them into the marshmallow mixture. This will help prevent sticking and make it easier to remove the ornaments once they have set.

5. Can I add food coloring to my marshmallow ornaments?

Yes, you can add food coloring to your marshmallow mixture to create colorful ornaments. Just make sure to add it in slowly and mix well to achieve your desired color. Keep in mind that too much food coloring can affect the texture and consistency of the ornaments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • merego
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies