• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dine Out in San Diego: Affordable Restaurant Options for a Night Out

In summary, the restaurant we went to in Baltimore was great, and I'm going to recommend it. The other restaurants you mentioned are also good choices.
chefpenny99
Gold Member
DH and I are going down to San Diego Friday (the 11th) evening to see Spamalot on Saturday (just us no kids). We will be staying at the San Diego Naval Base. Does anyone know of a nice (but not too expensive) restaurant that we could go to for dinner?

Don't have a restaurant suggestion (I've never been to San Diego) but have to say DH and I loved Spamalot! Enjoy!!

Ever been to Bucca Di Beppo? It was my fav when I lived there...small sushi shops are good too. Always fun to drive around and find a hole in the wall :)

that restaurant.com is offering 90% off. $25.00 gift certificates for a buck!
I got one two weeks ago when we went to Lincoln and it was great! See what they have for San diego

There's a couple of mexican places in Old town that are reasonable (like $10-$12 a plate) and good. I forget the name but the really good one is right on the main corner when you first walk into Old Town.

What type of cuisine are you looking for? Mexican is always good down here :) Japanese or seafood too.

I've visited San Diego twice in the past month (for work and for pleasure), and had great dining experiences while there.

I'd totally recommend taking a drive up to LaJolla, to a place called "George's on the Cove" Ocean View Restaurant in La Jolla » Georges at the Cove . The food was *almost* as fabulous as the view. It was breathtaking!

Make a trip in to Old Town, to a place called Rockin' Baja. Rockin’ Baja Coastal Cantina . A fun place with fun food. Casual dress, not terribly expensive.

For the most fabulous fresh fish tacos, go to Blue Water Seafood Market. They also have a small restaurant, so don't be afraid of the "market" name. Blue Water Seafood Market & Grill - Mission Hills - San Diego, CA . It was so good that I went back the next day for another fish taco. If you've never had a fish taco, don't be afraid to try one. They are amazing!

Any place in the Gaslight District is good. try Greystroke, Buppa deBeppo, etc. It's an area with many diverse restaurants and ethnic tastes. You'll be happy that you went to any one of these restaurants.

Now you've gone and done it....I feel an overwhelming NEED to go to San Diego to eat again. Actually, my husband is going out there for the next week weeks for work, and I've been begging him to take me with him.....too bad I have a job, or else I would go!

Have fun on your trip.

By the way, we saw Spamalot when it played here in Baltimore. What a fun night! You'll have a blast. :thumbup:

Thanks for the ideas. DH informed me last night that he doesn't want to wait until we get to San Diego to eat (it's about a 3-4 hour drive) so I won't be able to use any of these suggestions this trip. But I will definitely keep them in mind for any future trips!

Related to Dine Out in San Diego: Affordable Restaurant Options for a Night Out

What are some popular restaurants in San Diego?

Some popular restaurants in San Diego include The Prado, George's at the Cove, Juniper and Ivy, and The Crack Shack.

What are some must-try dishes in San Diego?

Some must-try dishes in San Diego include fish tacos, California burritos, and carne asada fries.

What is the dress code for dining out in San Diego?

The dress code for dining out in San Diego is generally casual, with most restaurants allowing shorts and t-shirts. However, some higher-end restaurants may require more formal attire.

What are some vegetarian/vegan-friendly restaurants in San Diego?

Some vegetarian/vegan-friendly restaurants in San Diego include Cafe Gratitude, Trilogy Sanctuary, and Plant Power Fast Food.

What are some good restaurants for families in San Diego?

Some good restaurants for families in San Diego include Buona Forchetta, Phil's BBQ, and Liberty Public Market, which offers a variety of food options for everyone in the family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies