• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did the 12 Days of Christmas Boost Sales and Delight Hosts?

In summary, a group of consultants are discussing a concept of offering incentives to potential hosts in order to fill their calendars for the month of December. Some consultants had success with this idea in the past, while others found it to be a waste of time and resources. One consultant shares that she has never offered incentives and has seen an increase in bookings. Another consultant advises against offering incentives and instead promoting the company's host program. The group also discusses the potential risks and benefits of offering incentives and the "12 Days of Christmas" idea. They also mention the importance of considering best and worst case scenarios before implementing such a tactic.
smile10308
Gold Member
:) I am trying to put this concept together. I have borrowed from other peoples ideas, thank you in advance. I am wondering if you guys can explain how this worked out for? Did the hosts like the idea? Did their sales actually reach the required minimum? Did you lose profit? Did you offer the extra gift for the price of the day or did you give it to them for free? I really want to fill my calendar for December and thought this would be a good idea. Any suggestions or thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks!:)

I too am interested in filling my calendar for the up comings months so I will be watching for the more experienced ones to share their knowledge!

I did this last year....and I have to say, I don't think it was worth it. I had several bookings w/o it, and the ones who did do it - some of them totally forgot about it by the time of their party!
This year I am focusing on bookings by talking about the incredible host program we offer, and how much fun we can have w/ the different theme shows - and what a great way to purchase your Holiday gifts at a discount, and have them delivered to your door w/ no shipping charges.
I use to give away so much - w/o really seeing any benefit from it - now I rarely give any type of extra incentive, and my bookings have never been better!

It is good to know the negative about these ideas to so we can consider what approach we really want to take so thanks Becky!

I feel this isn't really worth your time. I really haven't had much luck in doing this sort of thing. I rather promote our guest specials at shows so people know and are able to see versus over the phone.

This is very interesting. Thanks for the thoughts. So when people say they are too busy for December, how do you approach i? I guess I am on the right trac I am booked through the last week of November. I just ant to keep the bookings coming. Thanks for all your suggestions.

ChefBeckyD said:
I did this last year....and I have to say, I don't think it was worth it. I had several bookings w/o it, and the ones who did do it - some of them totally forgot about it by the time of their party!
This year I am focusing on bookings by talking about the incredible host program we offer, and how much fun we can have w/ the different theme shows - and what a great way to purchase your Holiday gifts at a discount, and have them delivered to your door w/ no shipping charges.
I use to give away so much - w/o really seeing any benefit from it - now I rarely give any type of extra incentive, and my bookings have never been better!
I'm seeing this to be the case too! I wonder if before I seemed too desperate for bookings. Now, I've got people calling/e-mailing me to schedule their shows. I'm not even offering any type of incentives right now other than our awesome host program!

I agree with Becky & Crystal! I train my new consultants NEVER to offer any incentives. We have an AMAZING host program! Don't spend the $$$ you earn to give hosts more! If they want more, they can work on their show to get outside orders and more people to attend (with your coaching of course!) and then they can get EVERYTHING they want. The reality is, if they want a show, they will schedule one. Rarely will an incentive get them to book.

With that, it can also backfire on you because if you continually offer one, and then don't, somone will wait to book when you offer one next time. Save your $$$!!!!!

O.k. - please explain what the "12 Days of Christmas" is.

Here is one file that I have

Attachments

• 12 Days of Christmas Host Bonus 001 12 December.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 730
Here is one file that I have

you can change it anyway you want to

~

Have you personally had success with this? I thought it was a great idea when I saw it, now I am thinking maybe not.

Anyone done this with not just sales, but # of bookings, outside orders, etc.?

When I am thinking of doing something like this, I try to figure out the best case and worse case scenarios. BEST CASE:you have 12 500+ shows which is $6000 commssionable sales. That gives you a $1500 paycheck and you will have spent right around $200 for the "gifts" (as long as you order it on your hosts order to get the discount). Is it worth $200 to earn $1500? If you are looking to warn the incentive trip and need the points! Also, consider the bookings you could potentially have from this many shows! I will tell you that doing 12 shows in as many days is exhausting!
I don't see a WORSE CASE to this as if you don't get a booking on a date, you don;t spend the $$.

chefmeg said:
When I am thinking of doing something like this, I try to figure out the best case and worse case scenarios. BEST CASE:you have 12 500+ shows which is $6000 commssionable sales. That gives you a $1500 paycheck and you will have spent right around $200 for the "gifts" (as long as you order it on your hosts order to get the discount). Is it worth $200 to earn $1500? If you are looking to warn the incentive trip and need the points! Also, consider the bookings you could potentially have from this many shows! I will tell you that doing 12 shows in as many days is exhausting!
I don't see a WORSE CASE to this as if you don't get a booking on a date, you don;t spend the $$.
That is a very good point! I actually took this concept and adjusted it so instead of FREE they get it for the price of the day. IE. Large Bar Pan on the 6th day would be $6.00. I still don't know if I will do it or not.

I like I see both sides... but i am thinking future bookings i think i would go with getting the item for the price of the day!

smile10308 said:
This is very interesting. Thanks for the thoughts. So when people say they are too busy for December, how do you approach i? I guess I am on the right trac I am booked through the last week of November. I just ant to keep the bookings coming. Thanks for all your suggestions.

People always want to entertain during the holidays. It's when most of our homes look their best (reason #1). It's hard to see everyone during this time too (reason #2). You could offer to send out the invites for them and do reminder calls (reason #3). You can do the grocery shopping for them and get reimbursed at the show (reason #4). Do a fun theme that relates to the holidays. You will be doing all the cooking and take the dirty dishes with you (reason #5).

Sometimes it is easier to tackle these questions before they occur. During the demo tell your guests that you do the same show for 5 guests or 25guests. Entise them with a theme. What's better than a Pampered Chef shopping spree, especially right before Christmas? Use it for yourself or buy your Holiday gifts! Shop from your seat instead of your feet!

I hope this helps!

I like this idea...I might use it for my bazaar to get some bookings.

What do you all think about offering this as an incentive to book catalog shows? (I haven't had any luck in the past for Dec. shows since everyone has busy holiday schedules). I bought a suprise box at confrence and can offer these products as my incentive prizes for catty shows in December?

You could use it as an incentive for catalog shows too. For every $100 in sales put their name in a drawing and you can set the time limit (December hosts or whatnot). It might help them sell harder.

Yeah, I need to do something to boost Dec sales this year!

Related to Did the 12 Days of Christmas Boost Sales and Delight Hosts?

1. What is the "12 Days of Christmas" promotion all about?

The "12 Days of Christmas" promotion is an annual event held by Pampered Chef, where we offer special deals and discounts on our products for 12 consecutive days leading up to Christmas. It's our way of saying thank you to our loyal customers and spreading holiday cheer.

2. How can I find out what products are included in the "12 Days of Christmas" promotion?

You can find the list of products included in the "12 Days of Christmas" promotion on our website or by subscribing to our email list. We also announce the daily deals on our social media channels, so be sure to follow us for updates.

3. Can I use my consultant discount or host rewards on "12 Days of Christmas" products?

Unfortunately, our consultant discount and host rewards cannot be used on "12 Days of Christmas" products as they are already heavily discounted. However, our consultants can still earn commission on these sales.

4. How long do the "12 Days of Christmas" deals last?

Each deal lasts for 24 hours, starting at 12:00 am CT and ending at 11:59 pm CT. After that, a new deal will be introduced for the following day.

5. Can I combine multiple "12 Days of Christmas" deals in one order?

No, each "12 Days of Christmas" deal is only valid for that specific day and cannot be combined with other deals or promotions. However, you can place multiple orders throughout the 12 days to take advantage of multiple deals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alabama pc cons.
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cvozar
  • pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
EmilyStraw
  • chefsteph07