• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did My First Booth Fair Bring Me Luck?

In summary, the speakers discuss their experiences and tips for participating in a home and garden expo. They emphasize the importance of being outgoing and engaging with potential customers, as well as bringing materials such as host and recruiting packets, calendars, and water. They also mention the potential for generating leads and bookings, and suggest following up with individuals who filled out prize drawing slips.
jasonmva
Silver Member
How lucky am I?!? I was talking with my hospitality director one night and mentioned that I heard about the local home & garden show and I was comtemplating about getting a booth. She told me that a group from the area already had one but if I wanted to, I could take her spot because she was a little busy that day. WOO HOO!!! Thank goodness I won't be alone for my first one.

You are awesome! Have fun and be sure to go prepared! I always take host packages, recruiting packages, and drawing slips with me, and of course, your calendar! Good luck. Looking forward to hearing your success stories!

That is great. Have a good time and may you get lots of leads.

That's great... Jason..... I just got done doing my second booth it was at a bridal fair but... still the only thing that I did not have with me was host packets or recurting packets... I did not do that on purpose though... I completly spaced it all together..... deiffently bring them!!!

Don't forget wedding registry info as well.

I also like to hand out recipe cards.

The best thing you can do is be yourself and be outgoing. Stand out in front of the table and engage people in conversation. Say hello as they walk by, invite them to come take a look. Don't hide behind your table.

Wear comfortable shoes. I am doing a 5 hour event today. Although they are ugly, I will be wearing my Crocs. :)

Oh yeah... and bring water or soemthing to drink... and well maybe something to snack on..... and if your standing on concreate like I was this past weekend... wear comfortable shoes...... saved my back big time...... I dont' know if this an option for you... but we had our tables fixed in a horse shoe shaped that way people could walk up and look at products... and we could walk around and talk to people......

have fun & Good Luck Jason! Since I'm in your area, I know the expo your talking about. :p It should generate alot of leads for you. I couldn't buy into doing the show, I have a party and my kids have a b-day party to attend that day. Let us know how it turns out!

That's great Jason and I am quite confident that your personality will shine during the expo. Keep us posted!

Well today was the day. I'm not sure how I feel now though. I stood up front (our table was in a U shape behind us) and I smiled and said hello to EVERYONE (even the people who looked away quickly when I started to open my mouth - c'mon people I brushed my teeth :))

I had a lot of people fill out my prize drawing slips even though I had no idea what I was going to offer (dediced on a cheap stone) and asked for emails so I could send newsletters & recipes (which now means I have to START one). I also handed out current catalogs to everyone who said they had everything from PC (oh no you don't since new stuff came out this month is what I was telling them). But I walked away with no orders or no solid bookings like I had hoped. Heck I even gave them a coupon that said if they book and hold a show by 5/31 I would give them an All The Best cookbook for free!

I am hopeful though that someone will get home and remember me, look at the info I gave them, and email me or call me to book a show.

Jason, make some time today or tomorrow to CALL EVERYONE who filled out a slip and follow up with them! I'm sure you can get some sales and bookings that way.

jasonmva said:
Well today was the day. I'm not sure how I feel now though. I stood up front (our table was in a U shape behind us) and I smiled and said hello to EVERYONE (even the people who looked away quickly when I started to open my mouth - c'mon people I brushed my teeth :))

I had a lot of people fill out my prize drawing slips even though I had no idea what I was going to offer (dediced on a cheap stone) and asked for emails so I could send newsletters & recipes (which now means I have to START one). I also handed out current catalogs to everyone who said they had everything from PC (oh no you don't since new stuff came out this month is what I was telling them). But I walked away with no orders or no solid bookings like I had hoped. Heck I even gave them a coupon that said if they book and hold a show by 5/31 I would give them an All The Best cookbook for free!

I am hopeful though that someone will get home and remember me, look at the info I gave them, and email me or call me to book a show.
YOU need to call THEM! It's your business and YOUR priority. Call and remind them of the coupon. Offer a "free" cooking show (you bring ingredients)...

Also, an alternative door prize is offering a gift certificate (I offer $10 GC worth $25 at their show if they book).

Follow up with everyone. I usually don't have very much success in selling products at shows. And rarely will anyone actually book a show with a date, although this has happened. But after following up with everyone I usually end up with several bookings. So, make sure you do followups and this time at least pencil in a date. Like one of the PC speakers said Fake it till you make it. Tell them that in order to reserve a date they will need to at least have a date pencilled in. Then if after they check their calendar they find that the date doesn't work to make sure to let you know as soon as possible that way you can give someone else the opportunity to book that date. Most people usually keep the date they pencilled in. If you give them the impression that your calendar is full they automatically think that you are very successful at what you do and they will find a need to set a date. This has really worked for me. Keep us updated on how followup goes.

jasonmva said:

I got one booking at my bridal fair.... BUT.... I got 24 contacts... Tree and I shared the booth...... so we spilt the contacts... get on the phone and call everyone... and if you get an answering maching send them an email as well..... The one thing you have to remeber is get the contacts and then turn them into shows...... keep your chin up biz will pick up.....Did they answer any of the questions on the DPDS about hsoting or becoming a consultant, or Bridal showers, fundraisers ect???? that is also a good way to intro into your customer care calls.

Hi Jason,

I had a booth at a craft fair yesterday as well. I find that sometimes it's hit or miss. Yesterday, I walked away with $200 in orders and 4 potential bookings (People who said "YES" or told me they really wanted to have a show), but no dates. I plan on calling all the yeses, all of the maybes and if I get the courage, then I'll call the nos! But if I don't call them, I DON'T EXPECT them to call me! I've done 5 or 6 fairs last year and maybe ONE person ever called me to place an order! All the others I had to follow up with. You never know until you call them!

Related to Did My First Booth Fair Bring Me Luck?

What products should I bring to my first booth fair?

For your first booth fair, it is best to bring a variety of products that showcase the versatility and usefulness of Pampered Chef products. This can include popular items like our Mix 'N Chop, Quick Cooker, and Stoneware, as well as newer products or seasonal items. You can also consider bringing a few items that are easy to demonstrate and sample, such as our Garlic Press or Spiral & Slice.

How should I set up my booth for the fair?

Your booth setup should be inviting and eye-catching to attract customers. Use colorful tablecloths and display stands to make your products stand out. You can also create a demo station where you can showcase how to use Pampered Chef products and offer samples. Additionally, make sure to have business cards, catalogs, and order forms readily available for interested customers.

What should I do to prepare for the booth fair?

Before the booth fair, make sure to promote your participation on social media and invite friends and family to come support you. It's also a good idea to have a game plan for how you will set up and present your products. Practice your demo and be knowledgeable about the products you are showcasing. Finally, pack all necessary supplies and double check the event details and requirements.

How can I attract more customers to my booth?

To attract more customers, offer special promotions and discounts for attendees of the booth fair. You can also hold raffles or giveaways to generate interest. Make sure to engage with passersby and offer samples or demonstrations to pique their interest. Additionally, having an eye-catching and well-organized booth setup can also attract customers.

What should I do after the booth fair?

After the booth fair, follow up with potential customers who showed interest in your products. Send a personalized thank you email or message and include a link to your online store or social media pages. This is also a good time to review your sales and assess what worked well and what can be improved for future booth fairs. Lastly, don't forget to thank the organizers of the fair for the opportunity to showcase your products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wcsis
  • Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • pattikake
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies