• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I lose the products or were they taken? Any solutions?

In summary, the woman who ordered products from the daycare center asked about her order this morning and was told that it wasn't delivered, but she was offered a fundraiser again next year. The woman suspects that the order was stolen and is now hoping to get a refund.
MaddyandOwensMom
Back in November, I did a fundraiser at a local daycare center. It was a disaster and I ended up losing catalogues, commission, and more money on top of that. All the products were shipped to me and I delivered them the Tues. after Thanksgiving. I get a call TODAY from one of the customers wondering where her products are that she needed for Christmas. The daycare claims never to have gotten them and I certainly don't have them. They are not in my home or car. I even checked with my friend because I gave her the boxes for her move. She said they were empty. I called the day care myself and they said they don't remember getting anything for her at all but they would check with the other customers to see if they took it by accident. I called HO and they certainly can't do anything about it. Now, the woman wants a full refund, which apparently I'm going to eat. Luckily it was only $25. But, I find myself questioning if I lost it somewhere. I remember putting everything in the bag and keeping the whole order in one central location. If I could find that bag, then I could get the refund for her, but as it stands now, I am out an additional $25.

I don't think there is anyway to get around paying her back for this myself and although I thought that maybe I could give her 10% off if she wants other things, I'm not about to dole out more money. I suspect that someone may have taken the things as they were small. Is it OK to say, "No one seems to have it, but I'll give you the money back myself."? I don't want to sound like I'm doing her this huge favor by taking it out of my own pocket, but on the other hand, I am doing just that. To top it all off, she ordered other things through the daycare that they claim they don't have and she's really annoyed.

Any ideas?
Jessica

I would definitely let her know that it is coming out of your pocket! You are doing her a huge favor if you are not the one who lost/took her stuff! I'm sorry that happened to you! It really stinks! At least if you let her know that you are willing to do that for her, she may come back to you in the future to order stuff. You shouldn't have to do it but like I said, if you do, let her know!

Would she accept the items? Maybe you could order them for her with your discount so then you're out less than $25?

Hobnestly, I think either way, you're going to have to eat it :(

Wow! What a mess! If she has other things missing, I would suspect someone at the daycare took them either by mistake or not. Had everyone else already gotten their orders or were there others that hadn't been picked up? Maybe they were put in a closet or somewhere out of the way during the holidays and were forgotten? I hope it turns up so you're not out the money. That really stinks.

If you know that you delivered her order, I don't see anything wrong with telling her that, but that's just me. You are doing her a favor by refunding because the responsibility was on the day care center once you delivered the orders. I hate when something comes up missing and I have to replace it because it always shows up later. And it's usually something I won't ever need again. I think after reading this, I'll always have whoever receives the orders verify and initial the packing slip so I can prove the entire order was delivered. Hopefully, the order will show up soon and it'll have been an honest mistake. Good luck!

What I ended up doing was resubmitting it as an individual order, so at least I will get a commission on it and it's a business expense. Direct shipping was only $2 more. She should get it shortly and I will follow up with her. I'm now pretty sure it was stolen from the daycare. She just told me that when she asked about the order this morning, the woman said something to the effect that wouldn't it be too bad if someone took it by "accident". They have offered me this fundraiser again next year and there is no way I'm doing it.

Well, I feel I did the right thing for her and, yes, I am hoping down the line she books herself a show. I may offer her a free one if she is interested.

Happy New Year Everyone!
Jessica

Good deal. At least she isn't blaming you for it and you may get a loyal customer out of it because of the way you handled it.

It sounds like the lady at the daycare knew it was taken so maybe not an accident? It's sad when people have to steal. If I can't pay for something, I don't need it. I would feel guilty every time I used or saw something I'd stolen. I can't blame you for not wanting to do that fundraiser again. From the stories I've read on here about them, I'm not sure I ever want to do one. lol

I do have a feeling that the woman at the daycare knew it was not accidentally taken. I may just call on Monday and let them know that it is all taken care of and that it did come out of my pocket and could they keep a "look-out" for it in case it turns up. That way, I don't burn any bridges, but someone knows that I had to take care of it. And maybe, if it is an honest mistake, it will show up. I like the idea of having someone sign for it as well. I was juggling my sleepy son at the time who refused to walk into the place, so my main concern was "Don't drop the stoneware!" Otherwise, maybe I would have thought of counting the bags or something.
Jessica

Related to Did I lose the products or were they taken? Any solutions?

What is "Any Ideas?"

"Any Ideas?" is a section on the Pampered Chef website where customers can find inspiration, tips, and recipes for using our products.

How can I access "Any Ideas?"

You can access "Any Ideas?" by visiting the Pampered Chef website and clicking on the "Recipes & Ideas" tab. From there, you can navigate to the "Any Ideas?" section.

Is "Any Ideas?" only for Pampered Chef products?

No, "Any Ideas?" is not limited to just Pampered Chef products. While many of the ideas and recipes may use our products, you can still find useful tips and inspiration for other kitchen tools and ingredients.

Can I submit my own ideas to "Any Ideas?"

Yes, we love when our customers share their own ideas and recipes with us! You can submit your ideas through the "Share Your Ideas" button on the "Any Ideas?" page.

Are there any discounts or promotions featured on "Any Ideas?"

Occasionally, we may feature special discounts or promotions on "Any Ideas?" However, these promotions are not the main focus of this section and may not always be available. For the latest promotions and discounts, please check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beckysuem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lkhartmann
  • pclady213
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lilamyw3
  • LeanneB.