• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Just Waste 3.5 Hours of My Time? *UPDATE*

In summary, a previous consultant showed up to the party with only three guests and a $29 order. Host coaching was attempted, but communication was difficult.
chefkathy
I want those 3.5 hours back *UPDATE*Closing the show today with $169 in guest sales and $205 commissionable. Better than nothing.

-----------------------
8 guests, 2 orders. $46 in sales.

Everyone else took catalogs home, so I pray some orders materialize.

One gal did not order because she booked a show. I will make sure she gets some extra special host coaching so this doesn't happen again!

Oh no! So sorry, Deb!! At least this doesn't happen every day -- once in a lifetime?? I hope!!

UGH....I hate those shows! I did one this past weekend...she was a previous consultant, who states she was fairly successful. Anyhow...lots of host coaching...in the end...3 guests and a $29 order! Luckily, she has been working it and she's now at 111 in orders...we just may have a show after all!

Oh, and she was 30 minutes late, as she decided to do her grocery shopping while she picked up the ingredients.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}

Hate it when that happens! Hopefully she will rock at outside orders.

Sorry, those stink.

{{hugs}} :)

It must be in the air. I had a show on the 20th with a past consultant. She told me 15 people. When I got there she said "I don't know how many but I have 10 maybe's on my facebook". Yes I host coached plenty although she was hard to get in touch with. So we had 3 people there. I left with NO orders. Since then 2 online orders totalling $170 so far. I have made it clear we need to close today. We'll see.

I have been telling all of my hosts to make sure they call (and have been calling them 2 days ahead to ask how many people they have called!!)....facebook, texting and e-mail is NOT an invitation! That drives me NUTS!!!!

My hostess for next Saturday night excitedly told me she has "Three confirmed yes responses!" She invited 12 - not matter how much I told her that it is CRUCIAL to overinvite. She refuses to use the phone and insists we do all communicating via email.
I am thinking I will tell her we should make it a catalog show. I don't wanna do this show.

jwpamp said:
I have been telling all of my hosts to make sure they call (and have been calling them 2 days ahead to ask how many people they have called!!)....facebook, texting and e-mail is NOT an invitation! That drives me NUTS!!!!

Oh believe me I am blue in the face from telling her that! But no matter what I try, most of OUR communication is email/facebook. I've left messages several times since the party was supposed to close and she hasn't picked up once. I've sent several emails that she haphazardly replies to. Just now I left a PM on her facebook because I saw she put up a status and I also commented on the status (nothing PC on that) and she replied "Got your message. I'll call in a bit." We'll see...

jwpamp said:
Oh no! So sorry, Deb!! At least this doesn't happen every day -- once in a lifetime?? I hope!!
yeah, I hope so. Carol Radu told a similar story when she became an NED. I have the CD of her speech. it was hilarious. Who knows, the next one will be $1000 right?
Jolie_paradoxe said:
UGH....I hate those shows! I did one this past weekend...she was a previous consultant, who states she was fairly successful. Anyhow...lots of host coaching...in the end...3 guests and a $29 order! Luckily, she has been working it and she's now at 111 in orders...we just may have a show after all!Oh, and she was 30 minutes late, as she decided to do her grocery shopping while she picked up the ingredients.
My hostess called me yesterday morning and wanted to add a dessert (we were already making fajitas). We discussed doing a simple trifle. She was supposed to have brownies baked and pudding mixed before I arrived. Guess what she was doing when I got there? She and her 4 year old were STARTING to make the brownies and then I was the one who made the pudding!Three recipes later--$46. I just don't get it. *three recipes being the fajitas, the pass aroudn salsa, and the trifle, so it wasn't that hard, but still!*

Everyone else took catalogs home, so I pray some orders materialize.

I hate it when they say that-- you just want to go "REALLY???? Do you really want to look at it at home??? The light in her living room wasn't good enough for you, LOL?" My favorite is the "I want to show it to my husband" line. Sometimes that happens, but not often. Move on, I guess. Sorry, Deb.

Hopefully you will have an experience like I had last fall. I drove 72 each way to a party. I left with $21.50 in sales. However, the people at the show who took home catalogs really did come through. It was not my best show ever, but respectful at $418 in commissionable sales.

Best wishes to you that is how your party turns out!

bethcooks4u said:
It must be in the air. I had a show on the 20th with a past consultant. She told me 15 people. When I got there she said "I don't know how many but I have 10 maybe's on my facebook". Yes I host coached plenty although she was hard to get in touch with. So we had 3 people there. I left with NO orders. Since then 2 online orders totalling $170 so far. I have made it clear we need to close today. We'll see.

This party did close last night. She replied to me at 11ish "call you in a bit" and called me at 8:30pm. No more guest orders but with the host order commissionable was $227. Got me to $3000 so I get my rolling bag.

DebbieJ said:
yeah, I hope so. Carol Radu told a similar story when she became an NED. I have the CD of her speech. it was hilarious. Who knows, the next one will be $1000 right?

My hostess called me yesterday morning and wanted to add a dessert (we were already making fajitas). We discussed doing a simple trifle. She was supposed to have brownies baked and pudding mixed before I arrived. Guess what she was doing when I got there? She and her 4 year old were STARTING to make the brownies and then I was the one who made the pudding!

Three recipes later--$46. I just don't get it. *three recipes being the fajitas, the pass aroudn salsa, and the trifle, so it wasn't that hard, but still!*

Ay ya yay! I'm noticing that the hosts who require the most effort seem to be those who do not follow any of our host coaching. They always have a ready excuse for their low attendance, and then seem shocked when you're telling them they need to step up the Outside orders just to get it to qualify as a show. :eek:

bethcooks4u said:
This party did close last night. She replied to me at 11ish "call you in a bit" and called me at 8:30pm. No more guest orders but with the host order commissionable was $227. Got me to $3000 so I get my rolling bag.

That's awesome Beth! Kudos!

My Jan was personally lame! I had 13 shows booked! In the end, only 3 submitted. Ah well, no totes for me. I am happy to report that I will be paid as D for Jan....just barely got there, when my 2nd SC line finally became active...with only 30m to spare!

I'm excited about the Feb incentives...I want the HWC products and ALL the double points I can get! LOL

Jolie_paradoxe said:
That's awesome Beth! Kudos!

My Jan was personally lame! I had 13 shows booked! In the end, only 3 submitted. Ah well, no totes for me. I am happy to report that I will be paid as D for Jan....just barely got there, when my 2nd SC line finally became active...with only 30m to spare!

I'm excited about the Feb incentives...I want the HWC products and ALL the double points I can get! LOL

Kudos to you too!

Turns out I missed being paid as director by $124. Had enough lines but one of the SC's only submitted $26. I worked with her all month to get her to get some sales. She's high maintenance. Wants me to give her business supplies and other things (asks at least every otehr week for something). She does seem to have potential and I want to encourage her but I spend way more time with her than any of the others ...and then she doesn't submit. urrrggg.

bumping for my update.

Related to Did I Just Waste 3.5 Hours of My Time? *UPDATE*

What is "I Want Those 3.5 Hours Back"?

"I Want Those 3.5 Hours Back" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that focuses on quick and easy meals that can be made in just 3.5 hours or less.

What types of recipes are included in "I Want Those 3.5 Hours Back"?

The cookbook includes a variety of recipes, including main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and more. All of the recipes are designed to be quick and easy to prepare, making them perfect for busy families.

Are the recipes in "I Want Those 3.5 Hours Back" healthy?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be both delicious and healthy. They use fresh, wholesome ingredients and focus on balanced meals that are packed with flavor.

Do I need any special equipment to make the recipes in "I Want Those 3.5 Hours Back"?

No, most of the recipes can be made with basic kitchen equipment that you likely already have. However, some recipes may require a few Pampered Chef products, which can be purchased separately.

Can I make substitutions in the recipes if I have dietary restrictions or preferences?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are flexible and can be adapted to fit your dietary needs and preferences. Many recipes also include tips for substitutions and variations to make them even more versatile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies