• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dh Not a Fan of Pampered Chef Anymore...

In summary, my husband thinks the mandoline is a cheaper product and the pizza cutter doesn't cut it completely. He also thinks the large bar pan was not the best way to make the pizza. The pizza can be made on the round stone or with a mini serving spatula.
Boomerjojo
:( I have a show in about 2 weeks and I wanted to give my host about 3 different recipes to choose from. Today, I made the 3 Cheese Garden Pizza and I had the hardest time using the tools for what the recipe called for. He was watching and he doesn't think that some of the tools make it easier. He used to be all for PC and now he feels that they are starting to make cheaper products.

Any ideas on 3 easy recipes for that I can use the tools to show just how easy it is? I want to show him and everyone else that they do have great products. :)

Did he give you specifics as to what tools he thinks are cheaper?

He isn't a fan of the mandoline at all.

A lot of people aren't. Consultants included. Any other examples?

I didn't know that. I thought many people loved it.

I also used the large bar pan to make it on (that's what it said to use) and he thought it made our product look cheap when the pizza cutter doesn't go to the edge of the pan so you have to use another tool to cut it all the way through. So he suggested that I make it on the round stone. Ok...great idea I was just following the card to the "T" to make sure that I knew how to use the products and know how to make the food.

Then I was looking in an old PC cookbook and they have the pizza on the round stone

You can always adjust the recipes to suit your style or for what works for you. As for the mandoline, there's a whole thread on here about people's opinions on it. Don't give up.

Trust me I'm not giving up! I LOVE PC and pretty soon he will love it again too!!!!

Thank you! I just found the thread and now I'm getting ready to watch the video. My Director used it at her party and made it look so simple.
Thanks again!

You're welcome. I'm in the processs of looking for a microwavable recipe for a cake for you. Not the easiest thing to do on a phone, but not much else to do on a lazy monday . :)

Boomerjojo said:
Trust me I'm not giving up! I LOVE PC and pretty soon he will love it again too!!!!

Thank you! I just found the thread and now I'm getting ready to watch the video. My Director used it at her party and made it look so simple.
Thanks again!

Definitely watch the video and get your director to give you a hands-on lesson, if you can. I've had to help several people with their mandolines - it is definitely an "acquired" skill!! (similar to the cookie press - although the newer one is def. easier!) ;)

The video and practice will make you a fan in no time. It is an awesome tool. For the pizza cutter, I use it to make squares and then use the kitchen shears to finish the edges. You can use your knife too. I agree, it would be nice if the pizza cutter would cut it completely....but it gives you a chance to talk about another product, or mention that the pizza cutter works great with the round stone....for pancakes, cutting spaghetti, etc.

For using the pizza cutter in the bar pan... take a mini serving spatula, or any of the spatulas, and slip it under the edge of the pizza right at the edge and just use it as a "ramp" to drive the cutter right up on. It works fantastic and adds another product to the list of those used! It really is a slick trick.

I know what your husband means, I think PC is so great---every once in a while I find something I am not crazy about and get turned off for a minute, but then I remember.....I don't like all the dresses in my favorite shop or all the dishes at my favorite restaurant. but I don't stop going there.... We don't expect any otheer business to satisfy all our needs, but because there is such identity with PC, for some reason we can get a little unrealistic about PC too. In effect, it's because we like PC so much that we get surprised when there is a tool we don't like.
I have to remind my sweetie, too.My problem with my sweetie is a little different: Every time I get a "no" or mention approaching someone, she seems to get worried that I'm going to turn into an "annoying, pushy PC lady" that hounds people to death.

quiverfull7 said:
For using the pizza cutter in the bar pan... take a mini serving spatula, or any of the spatulas, and slip it under the edge of the pizza right at the edge and just use it as a "ramp" to drive the cutter right up on. It works fantastic and adds another product to the list of those used! It really is a slick trick.

Very slick trick, thank you!!!

quiverfull7 said:

Now THAT is awesome! I love it! Glad you shared because I'd never have thought of it on my own. :D Thank you! Now to practice because I'm not coordinated. lol

My problem with my sweetie is a little different: Every time I get a "no" or mention approaching someone, she seems to get worried that I'm going to turn into an "annoying, pushy PC lady" that hounds people to death.[/QUOTE]

My hubby is the same way!! The first thing he had to say about me starting PC was that he didn't want me annoying the neighbors like the AVON LADY!! :eek:

when I make the pizza at parties, I actually lift the whole pizza out and cut it on the large grooved cutting board. I do this because it is easier to cut, but also to show everyone how the pizza does not stick. Lots of wows. Then after I cut it, I put it back in the stone to keep it warm - if there is any left. I also remind everyone that you can cut on the stone but for pizza, I find it easier this way.

The mandoline takes practice. The first few times you'll hate it but soon you'll get the hang of it and love :)

I'd get a bunch of potatoes and keep slicing til you find the rhythm!

(My 1st director told me that and didn't stress the slice part so I grated them. So not helpful!)

Roomie was a PC hater at first. My e-mail to tell me my kit was, "Your box of over-priced, low quality Pampered Chef stuff came today!"

I didn't worry about it b/c Roomie is simply a roomie and not a partner in life or anything else.

Slowly, said roomate has become a believer ... loves the knives, the chopper, etc.

Boomerjojo said:
I didn't know that. I thought many people loved it.

I also used the large bar pan to make it on (that's what it said to use) and he thought it made our product look cheap when the pizza cutter doesn't go to the edge of the pan so you have to use another tool to cut it all the way through. So he suggested that I make it on the round stone. Ok...great idea I was just following the card to the "T" to make sure that I knew how to use the products and know how to make the food.

Then I was looking in an old PC cookbook and they have the pizza on the round stone

I bought the flat rectangular stone for this very reason... so I can cut a pizza all the way accross! I make the Grecian Party Squares and that recipe lets me NOT use the mandoline, but a lot of other products. You could also use a strainer and more prep bowls. I don't like the UM either!

Here's the recipe:

grecian party squares recipe | pampered chef recipes | pampered chef

The only thing I don't like the mandoline for is tomatoes. I know the use and care card says to use it for that but I would rather show off the knives with tomatoes. I do LOVE the UM for loads of other things like onions, cukes, zuccini and yellow squash.

I haven't figured out how to slice tomatoes or onions. Mine are always too large.

I don't like it at all for tomatoes because they tend to squish and smash so I just don't use it for that and I don't recommend it to others for tomatoes. If my onion is too big, I just cut it in half or some people trim off two sides to make it fit. If you are after whole slices, especially of a larger sweet onion, the hold and slice and a piece of forged cutlery will be the best choice.

The plum tomatoes are the best to use the UM for, I've found. The beefsteak tomatoes are just to big to comfortably fit in the food holder.

I am new to PC (at least as a consultant) and I am amazed at peoples' varying opinions about some of the key products. The food chopper for instance is frequently sited as a "must-have", but I have only luke-warm feelings about it. For my shows, however, it will be the "item you must have", or else everyone will look poorly upon you ;)
I really like the new UM (we had the old death-trap one from years ago)- I sliced tomatoes last night for burgers and it worked perfectly- granted, the tomato I had fit perfectly, so I guess I was lucky on that one.

Mine mangles tomatoes and lemons. Only blade I can ever get to use is the V one. Maybe my blades have gotten dull and need replaced?

I signed up on April 30th and I have now just discovered my new "wow" piece of the month. LOL It is the Ultimate Mandoline!! I have sold 2 within the last week and working on my 3rd. I only pulled it out at parties to show the pizza. I did the demo on zucchini and "talked about" slicing onions and potatoes to make scalloped potatoes, etc. Well, I HATE the rotary grater and always asked the host to buy a bag of shredded cheese. (I would say to save time) Anyway, I finally tried the cheese grater on the UM for shredding the cheese and it worked so well that I immediately tossed my old rusty metal knuckle scrapper in the garbage! The UM washes up in a fraction of the time it takes to wash the standard metal grater. And it is DNA FREE! LOVE IT!!! It is so fast and very easy on the wrists. Also, I didn't know that those grooves on the bottom could allow you to put it over a large pot and grate directly into the pot for home made mac & cheese, etc.
That is one thing I love about PC...I am constantly learning something new!Now, the Rotary Grater is something that a few customers have told me they HATE and want to send it back. I have tried to love it but no luck.

I too hated that "thing" for ever! It took almost two years before I would bring it to a party. I only did so because someone wanted to see it. Well, I figured I better figure out how to make it look easy to use. I started about a week out. Every slicing thing I needed to do at home, I purposely used the UM. Well, I ended up really liking it! Especially when my mom asked me to make about 5 pounds of cucumber salad! That went up in only about 8 minutes and that was for about 24 cucs and 4 onions! AWESOME! And I never have any problem with tomatoes but I never buy any that are completely ripe to over ripe. I go slightly under ripe and it works like a charm. Not only that, they simply look better any way as they do not fall part! If I wanted tomato sauce that's what I would have bought!

freebyrdz said:
Anyway, I finally tried the cheese grater on the UM for shredding the cheese and it worked so well that I immediately tossed my old rusty metal knuckle scrapper in the garbage! The UM washes up in a fraction of the time it takes to wash the standard metal grater. And it is DNA FREE! LOVE IT!!! It is so fast and very easy on the wrists. Also, I didn't know that those grooves on the bottom could allow you to put it over a large pot and grate directly into the pot for home made mac & cheese, etc.
That is one thing I love about PC...I am constantly learning something new!

thanks for pointing out the grooves. I just got my kit and I have been intimidated about the UM, but used it Sunday and it seemed ok, though like I needed practice. Planning to work on that tonight... buying potatoes on the way home

but what is DNA? ("DNA free"?) do you just mean cause none of YOU ends up in the food?--if so, sorry for being slow, lol

Well maybe I will get my UM back out and give it a try. I just wasn't a fan at all....but...I really really dislike the rotary grater. So, I too, get the already shredded cheese but I love the taste of freshly shredded cheese much more. Guess I'll just put my UM on my counter top and force myself to use it for a few weeks.

Thanks guys for encouraging me to keep trying new things...or old things that I maybe didn't give an honest effort toward.

1. Why is Dh not a fan of Pampered Chef anymore?

Dh may not be a fan of Pampered Chef anymore for a variety of reasons. Some common reasons may include a negative experience with a product or consultant, finding a different brand they prefer, or simply no longer having a need for Pampered Chef products.

2. Is there anything Pampered Chef can do to change Dh's mind?

We value all of our customers and their feedback. If Dh had a negative experience, we would be happy to address any concerns and work towards finding a solution. We also have a variety of products that may fit Dh's needs and preferences better.

3. Can Dh still attend Pampered Chef parties or events if they are no longer a fan?

Of course! Our parties and events are open to everyone, regardless of their current opinion of our brand. It's a great opportunity to learn about new products and connect with friends.

4. Will Dh still receive promotional emails or mail from Pampered Chef?

If Dh has previously signed up for our mailing list or provided us with their contact information, they may still receive promotional materials. However, they can easily unsubscribe or opt-out at any time.

5. Does Pampered Chef offer any incentives for customers who have had a negative experience?

We strive to provide the best customer service and products, but we understand that issues may arise. If Dh has had a negative experience, we may offer a replacement product or a discount on a future purchase as a gesture of goodwill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• donnathepamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
donnathepamperedchef
  • trisigma730
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • JackieB999