• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking for a Cuban Chef Husband: Tips & Ideas

In summary, the host's Cuban husband is a chef at the local Marriott and is intimidated by the crowds and the host's lack of cooking experience. The host suggests a dessert and if the guest's husband is a main-course cook, then maybe desserts are not his thing. The host made her show interactive and had everyone try out the tools. The guest was impressed and the host thinks he might come to one of her shows.
beepampered
Need help with a recipe for an upcoming Cuban host whose Cuban husband is a chef at the local Marriott. I am NOT a chef so am a bit intimidated by the crowd and I'm not even there yet.

Any recipe suggestions as well as tips on how to not look like an idiot? I very rarely have men at my show so to have one who knows what he's doing is not easy for me to grasp.

Thanks....

What about a dessert? I know that's not a specific recipe suggestion, but I've only done a couple (the warm nutty brownies in last season's SB) and a fluted-stone microwave chocolate cake (Molten Lava Cake I think it was called?)But if he's a main-course type of cook, then maybe desserts are not his thing. You don't have to out-do him in the kitchen though. In fact, even if you did one of our salads (like a Jerk Chicken or Cheeseburger Salad)....something that shows off a lot of key collections/products, you may actually peak his interest with our products that make things easy!

Someone posted a thread recently about an all-guys show, where several of them were also professional chefs. It went really well for her.

The thread title was "Getting Nervous about an all guy show" I think.

In a nutshell, your job is to show how wonderful our tools are and the best way to do that is by sticking with simplicity. If you do your job, the host's DH will translate that into how he can use the tools for his recipes.

Good luck and have fun!

I can pretty much guarantee that chefs won't be impressed with a microwave cake.:yuck:

I was the one who did the All Men show. I did DCB Fajitas, along w/ pineapple salsa - and I did a Pina Colada Upside Down Cake. (In the oven when they got there - so I flipped it out in front of them)

Any suggestions on how to get this guy (whom I've never spoken to - just the wife) to show some of his expertise. I'm thinking about "how to use a knife" or something where he's able to be the expert and I don't have to feel like the non-cooking fool that I am. DCB Fajitas I've never done so I'll have to look that one up.

beepampered said:
Any suggestions on how to get this guy (whom I've never spoken to - just the wife) to show some of his expertise. I'm thinking about "how to use a knife" or something where he's able to be the expert and I don't have to feel like the non-cooking fool that I am. DCB Fajitas I've never done so I'll have to look that one up.

I just made my show interactive, and had everyone try out the tools.

1. What are some traditional Cuban dishes that I can make for my Cuban chef husband?

Some traditional Cuban dishes include ropa vieja, arroz con pollo, picadillo, and lechon asado. These dishes are rich in flavor and showcase the delicious and diverse ingredients used in Cuban cuisine.

2. My husband is a chef, but I'm not very experienced in the kitchen. What are some easy dishes I can make for him?

Some easy dishes to make for your Cuban chef husband include empanadas, tostones, and croquetas. These dishes require minimal ingredients and preparation, but still pack a lot of flavor.

3. Are there any specific ingredients or techniques that are essential for cooking Cuban food?

Cuban cuisine is known for its use of spices and herbs such as cumin, oregano, and cilantro. It's also important to use fresh ingredients, particularly in dishes like ceviche. As for techniques, marinating meats and slow cooking stews are common in Cuban cooking.

4. My husband is used to cooking in a professional kitchen. How can I make our home-cooked meals feel more special for him?

One way to make your home-cooked meals feel more special is by setting the table and creating a nice ambiance. You can also try plating the food in a visually appealing way, and adding a personal touch by incorporating your own family recipes or adding a Cuban twist to a classic dish.

5. How can I learn more about Cuban cuisine and cooking techniques?

There are many resources available to learn more about Cuban cuisine, including cookbooks, online tutorials, and cooking classes. You can also ask your husband to teach you some of his favorite Cuban dishes and techniques, making it a fun and educational experience for both of you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
amy07
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies