1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: DH Cook

1. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

Need help with a recipe for an upcoming Cuban host whose Cuban husband is a chef at the local Marriott. I am NOT a chef so am a bit intimidated by the crowd and I'm not even there yet.

Any recipe suggestions as well as tips on how to not look like an idiot? I very rarely have men at my show so to have one who knows what he's doing is not easy for me to grasp.

Thanks....

Mar 17, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

What about a dessert? I know that's not a specific recipe suggestion, but I've only done a couple (the warm nutty brownies in last season's SB) and a fluted-stone microwave chocolate cake (Molten Lava Cake I think it was called?)

But if he's a main-course type of cook, then maybe desserts are not his thing.

You don't have to out-do him in the kitchen though. In fact, even if you did one of our salads (like a Jerk Chicken or Cheeseburger Salad)....something that shows off a lot of key collections/products, you may actually peak his interest with our products that make things easy!

Mar 17, 2009
  3. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

Someone posted a thread recently about an all-guys show, where several of them were also professional chefs. It went really well for her.

The thread title was "Getting Nervous about an all guy show" I think.

In a nutshell, your job is to show how wonderful our tools are and the best way to do that is by sticking with simplicity. If you do your job, the host's DH will translate that into how he can use the tools for his recipes.

Good luck and have fun!

Mar 17, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I can pretty much guarantee that chefs won't be impressed with a microwave cake.:yuck:

I was the one who did the All Men show. I did DCB Fajitas, along w/ pineapple salsa - and I did a Pina Colada Upside Down Cake. (In the oven when they got there - so I flipped it out in front of them)

Mar 18, 2009
  5. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

Any suggestions on how to get this guy (whom I've never spoken to - just the wife) to show some of his expertise. I'm thinking about "how to use a knife" or something where he's able to be the expert and I don't have to feel like the non-cooking fool that I am. DCB Fajitas I've never done so I'll have to look that one up.

Mar 18, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I just made my show interactive, and had everyone try out the tools.

Mar 18, 2009
Have something to add?