• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Demo vs No Demo: Exploring the Impact on Sales Results

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of not doing a demo at Pampered Chef shows. Some people have tried it and have seen positive results, finding it less stressful and more enjoyable. Others still prefer doing a demo and have found it to be successful for their business. The conversation also touches on the issue of dealing with hosts who prefer a demo and how to handle that. Some people have started offering no demo shows to repeat hosts, while others have not yet tried it. Rae, a Pampered Chef expert, has a lot of helpful information on the subject.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I have read several threads on here where people say that they don't do a demo...I was wondering how many of you have gone away from doing a demo and what kind of results you have seen. I was thinking about trying it but I want to know what other people think of it.

TIA

I just started doing it and so far I love it! I bring my recipe already prepared and use my flip chart and catalog to discuss products. I usually have products for ppl to try out. I got my basic outline from raebates! Its so much less stressful and I feel more confident and relaxed during the show (and have WAY more fun!)

easier?
kaceyleigh2 said:
I just started doing it and so far I love it! I bring my recipe already prepared and use my flip chart and catalog to discuss products. I usually have products for ppl to try out. I got my basic outline from raebates! Its so much less stressful and I feel more confident and relaxed during the show (and have WAY more fun!)
I would think that it would be great and much easier. I dont know I don't do it myself but have heard a lot of positive about it. I will watch the feedback because I would like to know too...:)

I haven't done a demo in a year and a half. I went to Atlantis and earned TPC this year, so I don't think going this route has affected my sales.....

no demochef lori, can you go into more detail

I have offered "no demo" shows but so far none of my hosts have taken me up on it. They all seem to LIKE watching me chop, mix, stir, etc.

Can those who are not doing demo's at the show discuss how you deal with this subject with your host????? If you get the "but I like to see the demo" questions, what do you do then????

My Hosts and guests like my demo - in fact, I have been getting quite a few bookings lately from people who have been to shows with no demo - and mention to me that they want me to do their show because I do a demo.

It is probably because the demo is what I love doing best - It satisfies the inner teacher, and the inner performer in me! Because it's what I love to do, I think that shows - and people want to book.

So - I do a demo, and I don't forsee a day when I won't.

I've always done a demo & can't imagine not doing one. I guess I still think a "cooking show" ought to have cooking. This dog's not ready for that new trick just yet:p

I don't do a demo, because I can't talk and work at the same time. I have had several people that have wanted to see me put together a ring/braid/etc. So, I have done shows where I have everything ready and assemble it in front of everyone.
I primarily use the catalog to show products and collections.
Not doing the demo gives me time to relax and focus on whatever the crowd feels is important at that particular show.

I like doing a demo too. I have offered no demo shows, but my hosts would rather see something made. I do A LOT of the prep beforehand, so I'm really only throwing stuff together. Maybe chopping a little bit, etc. So I can still work while talking, but the guests get to see how it's done.

I have started offering the "no demo" to my repeat host. I will do my first one this month. I have not offered it to anyone that is not a repeat host b/c I want to really be able to promote our products. I have several repeat host that all have the same guest and they have seen my demo so many times they could all do one their self and when they come to the show they pretty much already know what they are going to buy.

I will have to reserve judgment until I do my own "no demo" in a few weeks.

My Director has recently gone to "no demo: and she loves it and has gotten a lot of good feedback.

I think it depends on your crowd.

I have been thinking about this, as with my cookware schpeal that I do and then the ticket game for recruiting, and spending 1-2 minutes on our history and rufth, and answering questions, and intros (which seem to take forever), and talking about bookings and the other types of shows we do, and stoneware, I feel that the demo can take too long, so I think I may go to a no demo, or one where everything is prepped before hand and all I do is assemble and bake/put in fridge... that might help keep my demo shorter and still hit all the major points... hmm...

As someone said above, I too have a hard time talking and cooking and ending getting anxious and in the end talk less about products. I have found by having my recipe already prepared I can relax and focus just on the products and the guests. I really wanted to make my shows more interactive and this has really helped. I play Have It/Love It Love It/want It and have notes in my catalog about specific products I want to talk about. I also bring a few things so the guests can try products (pepper, celery, potato, etc.). Plus I'm a really messy cook so this makes cleanup a lot easier and the guests can eat will I talk!
I have also done a couple shows where I don't even get up and talk-it's more of a drop in kind of a thing-those shows are super easy and have been just as successful for me!

I let my guests do the demo - that way they get to use the tools and see how they feel before they buy them.

I do the demo. It's the only way the guests can really see the products in action! You can tell them about the stuff till the cows come home but unless they "see" how it's done, they won't fully realize how great the products are! (Unless they are very familiar with PC) There have been so many times when I've sold products to people that they had no plans of buying until they saw how I used it. During the summer I shorten the demo, but never take it away completly.

I stopped my demos in the spring and unless the host requests a demo, I don't think I'll do one again. I can really focus on products, and it makes the job look way easier! I love not doing one! I felt like I was talking about the same tools over and over so this allows me to be more intentional. I do talk about the recipe at the end of the show and how I made it, showing the tools, but I don't talk about gadgets only the higher priced stuff. I am getting more interactive as I get comfortable with it so the guests are using more of the tools as well.

I have received many compliments about my show, and the guest love the fact they eat when they walk in the door! I say, "I know why you're hear and it has nothing to do with me! Lets eat - after all the food is what brought you here today!" It always gets some laughs.

I don't think it has affected my sales either...actually my show average has risen but I can't be certain it is from the show format (I moved to different state as well).

Some of my cluster members & me have heard guests here say that they don't like having to do the cooking themselves (although I did do an interactive couples show that went over very well with 3 bookings) & that they like seeing the food made. So I guess it really depends on the guests at the show. I think part of it would also be that if the consultant feels comfortable doing it, that would make the show more fun either way!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Some of my cluster members & me have heard guests here say that they don't like having to do the cooking themselves (although I did do an interactive couples show that went over very well with 3 bookings) & that they like seeing the food made. So I guess it really depends on the guests at the show. I think part of it would also be that if the consultant feels comfortable doing it, that would make the show more fun either way![/QUOTE]

I think this is what is important! I love to cook - it's 2nd nature to me; so naturally, I love to do the Cooking Demo, and it shows and guests enjoy it and have a good time. But I totally understand if someone is not as comfortable with cooking and talking, but can do a great presentation w/o a demo. I tried a No-demo show a couple times, and was completely uncomfortable.....decided the Demo route was the way for me! You can be successful either way; it's not a right or wrong situation here - it's all about finding what is best for you.

I do a demo...It doesn't feel like I do my job when I don't. I've tried it a couple of times and didn't like it. That's what makes PC so different from all of the other DA's. We create something with our products instead of just talk about them. I will always and continue to do a demo!!

I guess it really depends on the person. I do have clustermates that don't do a demo. I figure if it aint broke don't fix it:)

1. Can I request a demo from a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you can request a demo from a Pampered Chef consultant by contacting them directly or by attending a Pampered Chef party. You can also view virtual demos on our website.

2. Is it necessary to have a demo to make a purchase?

No, it is not necessary to have a demo to make a purchase. However, attending a demo can give you a better understanding of our products and how to use them.

3. How long does a demo typically last?

A demo typically lasts around 1-2 hours, depending on the number of guests and the complexity of the recipes being demonstrated.

4. Are there any fees associated with attending a demo?

No, there are no fees associated with attending a demo. Our consultants offer demos as a service to showcase our products and provide cooking inspiration.

5. Can I host a demo at my own home?

Yes, you can host a demo at your own home by hosting a Pampered Chef party. Our consultants will bring all the necessary supplies and ingredients for the demo, making it a convenient and fun experience for you and your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • micocina
  • Products and Tips
Replies