• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Demarle at Home Relocates to Michigan: Have You Been to a Show?

In summary, Demarle at Home relocated its headquarters from Houston to a small town in Michigan. The company has a solid reputation and appeals to the 'gourmet' set. However, PC is well established and has a stronger following among the general population.
finley1991
There was an article in the Detroit News today about Demarle at Home relocating it's headquarters from Houston to a small town here in MI.I've never been to a show but it looks like the closest thing we have to competition even though our selection of products is greater. (And of course better!!!!)http://content.demarleathome.com/Has anyone been to a show or have gotten any products from a home show? I know you can get their products at W-S and other places...

Hmmm...I did not know about this company. I do live a sheltered life, however!!

At first I thought they may be some competition, but looking at their products, I don't feel they are. I looked at their SS pans and they look like they would conduct heat to the handle.

Ok...I just am so in love with PC...nothing seems to compair!!! Seriously, I just think we are truly geared for everyday families and add a professional touch to their meal times. I just love how delicious recipes can be prepared easily and look like they fussed.

wow! and people say PC is expensive! They have a different kind of product than we carry. I saw them a couple of years ago from someone on CS. They thought the same thing. I haven't heard any customers talking about them nor have I seen them at an expo or fair or anything.

I think we are good. You could let it worry you, but why?!

Not much to worry about there....a vegetable peeler for $16.95????

Hope that includes a studly young man to use it, too!! :p

jwpamp said:
Not much to worry about there....a vegetable peeler for $16.95????

Hope that includes a studly young man to use it, too!! :p

I'd TOTALLY pay $16.95 for THAT!!!!!!

Demarle appeals to the 'gourmet' set. The company is well established in Europe with a solid reputation and therefore has that highbrow cachet factor. To be honest, this is the market I wish PC targeted better (though HO does seem to be reaching out more). I have friends who simply can't comprehend the 'home party thing', but would attend a party featuring european products such as Demarle. They are willing to spend big bucks for a name when the manufacturing processes and materials are all but the same. It drives me nuts!

I have those customers too and LOVE THEM! I'm working slowly but surely bringing them over to PC. IT's getting better with our higher-end products but it's been a slow road.

I agree Colleen. I use the FC line of knives to illustrate how committed PC is to providing home cooks the best in kitchen tools (at reasonable prices). But it is a slow road sometimes.

(I used to comment how our meat tenderizer looks to be the exact same as the one in the W-S catalogs...but the W-S one is without the cool PC logo, the PC warranty, and $6 more. Then PC raised the price of ours so there's no difference anymore. I was sad when they did that...it was a great selling tool for me...especially with the W-S afficinados.)

I live just outside of Houston and have never heard of this company!!!!

I am more likely to hit the the..."I can buy the same thing at Walmart for cheaper" crowd!!!!!:bugeye:

I'm with Ann! Where are you all finding the "hoite-toite" groups????!!!!

I am getting ready (not fast enough) for my aunt's show today. I will hit an older population but numerous income levels higher that me. However, I do not expect high sales. I find that the more they make, the tighter that fist is! I am mainly doing it for the fun factor and will bring my Mom along.

baychef said:
I am getting ready (not fast enough) for my aunt's show today. I will hit an older population but numerous income levels higher that me. However, I do not expect high sales. I find that the more they make, the tighter that fist is! I am mainly doing it for the fun factor and will bring my Mom along.

That is so true. I have a good friend whose primary residence is France. She lived for several years in a very upscale neighborhood here in NC and the whole time I have known her she has never paid full price for anything. She was the queen of TJ Maxx, the Dollar Store and other such stores. She even travels back here to get deals to sell to her friends at a good profit (she is very creative and makes beautiful things out of nothing).

It really upset me because I could NEVER find the deals she did. The kicker was once when she was visiting me we went to a shoe store (upscale) and they had a buy one get one 1/2 price sale. She only found one pair of shoes she wanted so I said I would buy a pair so we could get the deal. I paid full price and she got hers at 1/2 price. :eek: - Her income level WAY exceeds mine. lol

What is Demarle at Home and what does it mean for the company to relocate to Michigan?

Demarle at Home is a direct sales company that sells high-quality kitchen tools and accessories through in-home cooking demonstrations. Relocating to Michigan means that our headquarters and distribution center will now be located in the state of Michigan.

Why did Demarle at Home decide to relocate to Michigan?

The decision to relocate to Michigan was based on the company's need for a larger facility to accommodate our growing customer base and expanding product line. Michigan also offers a central location for shipping and access to a strong manufacturing industry.

Will this relocation affect the availability of products and customer service?

No, the relocation will not affect the availability of products or customer service. Our new facility in Michigan is equipped to handle the same level of production and customer service as before.

Will there be any changes to the product line after the relocation?

No, there will not be any changes to the product line. We are committed to providing our customers with the same high-quality products they have come to expect from Demarle at Home.

How can I attend a show and see the new facility in Michigan?

You can attend a show and see the new facility in Michigan by contacting your local Demarle at Home consultant or by visiting our website to find a show near you. We would love to have you join us and see our new home!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefKelebel
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Dutchess
  • MORFIA
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • Tropicalburstqt2