• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deliciously Healthy: Discovering Lara Bars!

In summary, the Lara bars are a delicious, healthy snack alternative that are popular with consumers. They have between 2-6 ingredients per bar, and they are all whole foods and spices. They are also good for those with insulin resistance or hormone issues.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
With Lara bars!

Wow! I've just recently discovered them - and they are so incredibly delicious...who would have dreamed that a food bar could actually taste this good? DS and I just had one for breakfast. I had the Cinnamon Roll Bar, and he had the Lemon Bar.

Yesterday, we ate them in the car while we were out running errands. I had the
Pecan Pie Bar, and he had a Chocolate Coconut Bar.

They have between 2-6 ingredients per bar, and it's all just whole foods & spices. This is like health food heaven!:love: :D

https://www.larabar.com/secure/index_.php

We get them at Harvest Health Store, but I think TJ's and Whole Foods carries them....probably health food stores around the country do too. I bought them because they were on sale, so I thought I'd give them a try - we are going back for more!

Oooo, these look good. I need stuff like this to help me with my hormone issues/insulin resistance. As long as they have a decent amount of protein in them, I should be able to nibble on these- thanks for sharing!

Can't wait to try the Key Lime one- I'm already drooling!

i have tried these! They are yummy and healthy! When you eat them, be ready to be verrrrry regular :D

bsaxman said:
i have tried these! They are yummy and healthy! When you eat them, be ready to be verrrrry regular :D

Then is it safe to say buy a 6 pack of Charmin before you buy one of these? :) LOL Since most of these have dates in them, I'd think you would be cleaning out the ol' internal plumbing!

Kitchen Diva said:
Then is it safe to say buy a 6 pack of Charmin before you buy one of these? :) LOL Since most of these have dates in them, I'd think you would be cleaning out the ol' internal plumbing!

Hah yeah that would be safe to say! Also, no matter how good they are... don't eat two in a row... bad news.. :cry: Especially for others out there who don't like going #2 more than once a day... Personally I just find that annoying!

(Was that too much information?????? :blushing: :D )

bsaxman said:
Hah yeah that would be safe to say! Also, no matter how good they are... don't eat two in a row... bad news.. :cry: Especially for others out there who don't like going #2 more than once a day... Personally I just find that annoying!

(Was that too much information?????? :blushing: :D )

LOL - regularity is common topic of conversation at our house. I'm pretty anal :)p ) about fiber counts. I think that fiber, moderation, and a balance of fats (NOT necessarily low fat) is what it most important in our diets.

Did you know that most health professionals (Like Dr. Oz) say that 2-3 times a day is the healthiest for you?

The Lara Bars haven't had the laxative effect on us that you are mentioning, but it's probably because our systems are used to a high-fiber diet already. So a 5 gram fiber snack is pretty normal for us.
Oh - and this may be TMI too, but we are like clockwork here! Yep - same times every day!:D :thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - regularity is common topic of conversation at our house. I'm pretty anal :)p ) about fiber counts. I think that fiber, moderation, and a balance of fats (NOT necessarily low fat) is what it most important in our diets.

Did you know that most health professionals (Like Dr. Oz) say that 2-3 times a day is the healthiest for you?

The Lara Bars haven't had the laxative effect on us that you are mentioning, but it's probably because our systems are used to a high-fiber diet already. So a 5 gram fiber snack is pretty normal for us.
Oh - and this may be TMI too, but we are like clockwork here! Yep - same times every day!:D :thumbup:

Wow that is so crazy! I must admit a high-fiber diet isn't normally on the menu, but we eat basically as healthy as we can! Any pasta or bread we buy is always whole grain/ whole wheat, and of course there is some in your fresh fruits and veggies (which we eat alot of) my hubby is also like clockworks but i am not. I'm not sure why but I dont really mind it, to tell you the truth:p

I was at camp today talking to a fellow staff member and they were thinking of carrying these.Becky - my friend likes all the fruit ones - except orange, she thought that was gross! She didn't like the chocolate though...what did you think of the chocolate? Did you try those? What about chocolate coconut?

I did not like the chocolate ones at all, and can't seem to find more than half the flavors they offer. So far I like the cashew cookie one and the banana one the best, and I'm not a real banana lover. The apple pie one has too much cinnamon and the cherry one is good, but needs a little something else in it. :)

Trader Joe's had a pathetic supply of these, and only had 3 flavors, my local grocery store carries 6 flavors, but I want to try more!!! :)

And I am on a high fiber, high protein diet so these didn't make me have to go if you know what I mean. ;)

Hmm...sounds like the not liking the chocolate one is common...

Yeah I just read and article about these and can't wait to try them!
We are trying to start only eating organic or all natural foods here...no more processed junk with ten million ingredients :) And so far we have been loving it! Makes me feel better knowing I am getting good foods into my family and not so much junk!

I bought four different kinds at Meijer. Today I ate the cashew one. Or was it pecan? Anyway, it was just okay. It wasn't too chewy, which I expected it to be. I know I bought a chocolate one, but I don't remember the other two flavors. They were $1 each. I think they will be good for taking with me when I'm on the go and need something easy for eating.

JAE said:
I bought four different kinds at Meijer. Today I ate the cashew one. Or was it pecan? Anyway, it was just okay. It wasn't too chewy, which I expected it to be. I know I bought a chocolate one, but I don't remember the other two flavors. They were $1 each. I think they will be good for taking with me when I'm on the go and need something easy for eating.

Wow- I wish I could find them for $1.00 each- but alas, mine are closer to $1.89... no- they won't be chewy because they don't add anything to them but fruit and nuts- so no honey or anything to make them chewy. It's just nice to enjoy the food in its raw and unprocessed state, so I liked them. I got to try a lemon one today, the gal that works with me brought one and it was sooo delicious!

I am so looking forward to trying those...especially the lemon. I am trying to go a little healthier around here too. My son & I have lots of food allergies & I really feel blah most of the time. I think that should be my "sign" to eat a little better. At least don't eat what I have sensitivities to.

Because I need to eat more protein than the average woman, I was forced to get some of it from protein bars...which taste like chalk- I found one that I could handle without needing a LARGE glass of milk to make it go down. Lara bars are not high in protein, but I can get some of my protein without feeling like I'm eating sidewalk chalk or paste!

They are not candy bars, but the raw, unprocessed flavor of the nuts and fruits really shines through and they are not dry and taste good. If you are used to a Snicker's bar you won't like these. If you are used to not so good healthy food bars, you will LOVE these. If you apprecate unhindered ingredients, you will enjoy these as well!

1. What are Lara Bars?

Lara Bars are a brand of delicious and healthy snack bars made with simple, all-natural ingredients. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan, making them a perfect option for those with dietary restrictions.

2. How are Lara Bars different from other snack bars?

Lara Bars stand out from other snack bars because they are made with only a few wholesome ingredients, such as nuts, fruits, and spices. They do not contain any artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives, making them a healthier option.

3. Are Lara Bars suitable for people with food allergies?

Yes, Lara Bars are free from common allergens such as gluten, dairy, and soy. However, they do contain nuts, so those with nut allergies should avoid them or check the ingredient list carefully.

4. How many flavors of Lara Bars are available?

Lara Bars come in a variety of flavors, including apple pie, peanut butter chocolate chip, cashew cookie, and more. In total, there are over 20 different flavors to choose from.

5. Can Lara Bars be used as a meal replacement?

Lara Bars are not designed to be meal replacements, but they can be a nutritious and convenient snack option. They provide a good balance of healthy fats, protein, and carbohydrates, making them a suitable choice for a quick snack on-the-go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • Stephanie Fisher
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Becky0216
Replies