• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Turtle Pretzel Candies: Perfect for Holiday Gifts!

In summary, these new sweet and salty pretzel rolos sound yummy (sweet and salty combo). I am thinking about making them for the holidays to give to my daughter's teachers aids. The shortcut way with the Rolos is MUCH easier. Kelly and Heather also made the rolos and they were super easy and yummy. I've made these new ones and I have to say the shortcut way with the Rolos is MUCH easier. My Turtle Pretzel Candies that I made were pretty messy and I recommend NOT using the white chocolate chips. My caramel didn't solidify very well, so they all stuck together when I put them on the
heat123
Silver Member
Just wondering if anyone has tried these yet? I'm not a big pecan fan but they did sound yummy (sweet and salty combo).;) I Was thinkin about makin some for the holidays to give to my daugthers teachers aids.

I want to make them and eat them, but I haven't tried them yet!

I made something like this last year, but my recipe seemed alot easier!!! I just put pretzels on my large bar pan with parchment paper, put a rolo on top and stuck them in the oven just long enough for the rolos to get soft. I took them out and immediately squished a pecan on top-YUM!!! And SO EASY!!

Jill...we made the ones you are describing at our last team meeting. Sooooooooo easy, and super yummy!

You can also do a non-nut version by placing a hershey's kiss on the pretzel and heating in the oven...then press 2 M&Ms into the top!

jkinak said:
I made something like this last year, but my recipe seemed alot easier!!! I just put pretzels on my large bar pan with parchment paper, put a rolo on top and stuck them in the oven just long enough for the rolos to get soft. I took them out and immediately squished a pecan on top-YUM!!! And SO EASY!!

Hm, now that sounds SUPER easy! I think I will do it that way instead;), thanks for the tip! I wonder if Almonds would work, seeing that I am an Almond fan!:rolleyes:

heat123 said:
Hm, now that sounds SUPER easy! I think I will do it that way instead;), thanks for the tip! I wonder if Almonds would work, seeing that I am an Almond fan!:rolleyes:

I've made these new ones and I have to say the shortcut way with the Rolos is MUCH easier. My Turtle Pretzel Candies that I made were pretty messy and I recommend NOT using the white chocolate chips. Mine were actually just the white morsels and I don't think they were white chocolate. They didn't melt right and those things looked terrible. So, if you try it, I'd recommend doing the milk chocolate chips. :) Plus, my caramel didn't solidify very well, so they all stuck together when I put them on the SA rectangle platter.

Kelly- yours sound AWESOME!! and Heather-Almonds would be yummy too!
I think it's safe to say that anything in this sweet and salty combo would be good!

Mmmm....just thought about a snack size SNICKERS and some kind of nut!

Okay - I'm probably a candy snob too....but although the Rolo ones are faster/easier....they cannot compare to the Turtle Pretzel Candies!

This recipe was actually in a SB a couple of years ago, and I used it for my Candy Making shows for the Holidays then. It was so much fun! I used the Werthers Caramels (they are so much better than Kraft or Brachs). These are so so good - to me, it's worth the extra effort. Plus - they look like a handcrafted candy, and not a Rolo :)yuck: do not like these - taste like wax!) smushed onto a pretzel.

That sounds snotty, doesn't it? Don't mean for it to be....just too tired to think of a better way to word it!:eek::indif:

Plus - they look like a handcrafted candy, and not a Rolo ( do not like these - taste like wax!) smushed onto a pretzel.

Becky-It's o.k. to be a candy snob! But I believe that the culinary term I used about the rolo was to "squish" in on to the pretzel!! ;) (I couldn't resist!!)

We were talking about these as a "booking incentive". The suggestion was to say "learn how to make an ooey-gooey treat for the Holidays"! Everyone was drooling at the term, "ooey-gooey"! LOL!

jkinak said:
Becky-It's o.k. to be a candy snob! But I believe that the culinary term I used about the rolo was to "squish" in on to the pretzel!! ;) (I couldn't resist!!)

Ahhh! Thanks for the correction. How silly of me to confuse the two!:p

Hm, I guess I should "test " a batch before I decide on the rolos for gifts... I have the ingreds so thanks all for the feedback! :)

KellyTheChef said:
You can also do a non-nut version by placing a hershey's kiss on the pretzel and heating in the oven...then press 2 M&Ms into the top!

I do these but with hershey's hugs on a mini pretzel and then squish one m&m on top! :)

My grandma has been making a non-nut candy that reminds me of this (but there is no caramel). She uses round pretzels, fills the middle with melted milk or white chocolate on wax paper, and then pushes an M&M into the top. She calls them "pretzel pennies" and at the holidays she dies the white chocolate green and red.

yakmama said:
my Grandma Has Been Making A Non-nut Candy That Reminds Me Of This (but There Is No Caramel). She Uses Round Pretzels, Fills The Middle With Melted Milk Or White Chocolate On Wax Paper, And Then Pushes An M&m Into The Top. She Calls Them "pretzel Pennies" And At The Holidays She Dies The White Chocolate Green And Red.

Cute!:d:d:d

I made this recipe tonight and I must say they tasted really good! It was great for the show. I had all the ingredients prepped (caramels unwrapped, pretzels counted out) before the show so that it did not take so long. I used my large bar stone and when you put it in the fridge before hand it cools the candy faster. I did not see the post about using Werther's instead of Kraft but I will definitely try that next time. I am a food "snob" too and I firmly believe that you cannot get good results if you don't start with good ingredients and those are a step up. I had a bit of trouble with the caramel running/spreading out a little more than I would have liked. I got in too much of a hurry at this point in the demo. I think the key is to put it on the pretzel at just the right temp (too hot and it runs too much and too cool and you can't use the small scoop as it just jams up). They candy won't stick if there are plenty of nuts underneath.

Related to Delicious Turtle Pretzel Candies: Perfect for Holiday Gifts!

1. How do I make Turtle Pretzel Candies?

To make Turtle Pretzel Candies, you will need pretzels, caramel candies, chocolate chips, and pecan halves. Start by placing pretzels on a lined baking sheet, then top each pretzel with a caramel candy. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes, until the caramel is softened. Remove from the oven and press a pecan half onto each caramel. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over the candies. Let them cool and enjoy!

2. Can I use different types of chocolate for Turtle Pretzel Candies?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for Turtle Pretzel Candies. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate all work well. You can also use chocolate candy melts for a smoother and easier drizzling process.

3. How should I store Turtle Pretzel Candies?

Turtle Pretzel Candies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep for several days, but it's best to enjoy them within the first 2-3 days for optimal freshness.

4. Can I make Turtle Pretzel Candies in advance?

Yes, you can make Turtle Pretzel Candies in advance. They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. You can also freeze them for longer storage, just make sure to thaw them before serving.

5. Are there any substitutions for the ingredients in Turtle Pretzel Candies?

Yes, there are some substitutions you can make for the ingredients in Turtle Pretzel Candies. Instead of caramel candies, you can use caramel sauce or melted caramel squares. Instead of pecans, you can use other types of nuts such as almonds or walnuts. And for the pretzels, you can use any shape or size that you prefer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies