• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Strawberry Cream Trifel Recipe: Perfect for Any Occasion!

In summary, the Trifle was a hit at the meeting. The author made it for their last meeting and it was devoured by the guests. They suggest switching out the pound cake for brownies and using different flavors of yogurt. They also suggest using different fruits in the trifle.
buckeyefan08
I just wanted to let everyone who helped me yesterday know it made it! I made the trifel for our meeting last night but I drive about an hour to get there. I was worried about it getting soggy on the way there. I assembled it at about 5 o'clock we ate it around 7:45 and it was fine!!! Not soggy at all!

I was also thinking that you could change it up a bit. (only if you wanted to, it was delish!) Couldn't you use raspberries, blue berries, peaches, etc.? As long as you could find yogurt and frozen fruit in the same flavor? What do you think?

The yogurt flavor doesn't really matter. I made it for a meeting last month and it was yummy. I goofed and used a strawberry yogurt and a raspberry yogurt. I couldn't find the cheesecake pudding so I used banana cream pie and it still tasted good. It has lots of possibilities.

I dont see why not! I also want to make this for our meeting next Tues. Glad to know it comes out great! Thanks for the heads up! :D

I have made this twice for Bridal Shower shows. Both times, I made it in advance of the show (my gift to the bride - I bring dessert for Bridal Showers), and both times, it was devoured by the guests! Traditionally, Trifles are a "Make-ahead" dessert.

I think it would be great with raspberries, and white chocolate pudding.

I will be making this for easter, glad to hear it turned out all right.

I am making this for my kickoff show. Glad to hear it turned out great!

At one of my shows where I made this, someone suggested peaches. I thought that was a great idea.

I switched out the pound cake for brownies (I just LOVE chocolate and strawberries together) and it was YUMMY!

Sounds delish!

Probably a stupid question, but where can one find this recipe?

straitfan said:
I switched out the pound cake for brownies (I just LOVE chocolate and strawberries together) and it was YUMMY!

Good idea!! I love chocolate & strawberries too.

I'm making this trifle for work tomorrow.

leftymac said:
Probably a stupid question, but where can one find this recipe?

in the new S/S season's best.

buzz26 said:
Also on Page 8 (I think) of the new S/S Catalog!

buzz26 said:

Lawd..guess it would help to look at things before I ask. Sorry! As a teacher, I have a dislike for stupid questions. :)

About any sogginess...

In England (the home of the trifle!) the cake at the bottom is usually soaked -in either sherry (traditionally!) or fruit juice, so if make one and it gets soggy, you can tell people it is intentional ;) I guess it's a bit like how the sponge in tiramisu is soaked in coffee/liquer at the bottom. I actually don't really like soggy cake, but some people do.

My grandmother was a strict tee-totaller, but she loved a good sherry trifle. No-one ever dared to tell her why it tasted so good!!

A real "English Trifle" is made with sponge cake, then fruit and maybe jello, then custard and then whipped cream. YUM!!

I've used raspberries and bananas together, I think it tastes pretty good!

I'm looking forward to trying some more PC trifles though - especially anything with lots of CHOCOLATE! :love:

I love my trifle bowl! :)

I made Janet's (Janetupnorth) peanut butter cup trifle and it was so awesome. It had peanutbutter and chocolate, YUMMY!
I don't know if I properly thanked her. Thank you, Janet.
It is in the files section for anyone that wants to try it.

Does anyone know if I make this the night before my show on Sat, if it will be fine?? My show is at noon, and it would just be easier for me to make it the night before. Will it be too soggy??

I ate the left overs the next afternoon an it was good. The bottom layers were a little soggy so I don't know if I would do it for a show. I put this together in about 15 min. It took no time at all! It would be good if you did it first thing in the morning!

We had this at my meeting the other night and we substituted angel food cake for the pound cake. I think it was to make it more figure friendly... It was yummy, though! :)P.S. Lisa - I like your quote, but at first I wasn't thinking about angels - I was thinking about my twin two year olds! That's why I watch everything I do! ;)

I used angel food cake in mine as well. plus cheaper than the frozen pound cake.

jbachen said:
P.S. Lisa - I like your quote, but at first I wasn't thinking about angels - I was thinking about my twin two year olds! That's why I watch everything I do! ;)
I have that going on too! I have 2 & 4 year old girls and a boy on the way. They like to point out all my bad habits, they also like to tell people everything I do!! Aren't kids cute!?!?:rolleyes:

Related to Delicious Strawberry Cream Trifel Recipe: Perfect for Any Occasion!

1. What ingredients are needed to make the Strawberry Cream Trifle?

The ingredients for the Strawberry Cream Trifle are 1 pound of fresh strawberries, 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix, 1 cup of cold milk, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1/2 cup of whipped cream, 1 pre-made angel food cake, and 1/4 cup of strawberry jam.

2. How long does it take to make the Strawberry Cream Trifle?

The total prep time for the Strawberry Cream Trifle is approximately 20 minutes. However, it is recommended to refrigerate the trifle for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.

3. Can I substitute other fruits for the strawberries in the Strawberry Cream Trifle?

Yes, you can substitute other fruits such as raspberries or blueberries for the strawberries in the Strawberry Cream Trifle. However, the best results and flavor will come from using fresh, ripe strawberries.

4. Can I make the Strawberry Cream Trifle ahead of time?

Yes, the Strawberry Cream Trifle can be made ahead of time. It is recommended to assemble the trifle and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before serving. This allows the flavors to develop and the cake to absorb some of the cream mixture for a more flavorful trifle.

5. How should I serve the Strawberry Cream Trifle?

The Strawberry Cream Trifle can be served in individual glasses or in a large trifle dish. To serve, scoop out a portion of the trifle into a bowl or glass and top with additional whipped cream or fresh strawberries for garnish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
CindysPChef
  • pampchefsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies