• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Recipes with Regular Pillsbury Biscuits

In summary, the person wrote a summary of the conversation. They loved armadillo eggs, but have never made them at home. They hope to try Marisa's recipe soon.
chefmeg
Gold Member
with reguar Pillsbury biscuits???? Anyone ever tried this? I don't have crescent rolls, but I have biscuits!

Never tried it. Let us know how it turns out. I would think you may want to cut the biscuit in half so that it is not soo thick.

I do pigs in the blankets with the lil smokies and the small biscuts cut in half. I wouldn't see why this wouldn't work. Like Jennifer said cut them in half and flatten them out.

come on ya'll....dinner time is right around the corner!
I need advice!

Way back in the day, before you could buy crescent rolls in a can, we used canned biscuits for them. They're not as sweet as with crescents but still good.

I also make what we call 'armadillo eggs' with biscuits, the precooked breakfast sausages, shredded cheddar and jalapeno slices. Roll out the biscuits to about 6" x 6". Lay a sausage in the middle, sprinkle a tablespoon or two of cheese on the sausage and add a slice or two of jalapeno. Fold up, kind of like an envelope or burrito, making sure there aren't any open ends. Bake as usual.

thanks! I guess I never thought to roll them out! DUH on me!

RebelChef said:
I also make what we call 'armadillo eggs' with biscuits, the precooked breakfast sausages, shredded cheddar and jalapeno slices. Roll out the biscuits to about 6" x 6". Lay a sausage in the middle, sprinkle a tablespoon or two of cheese on the sausage and add a slice or two of jalapeno. Fold up, kind of like an envelope or burrito, making sure there aren't any open ends. Bake as usual.

I love armadillo eggs but have never made them at home. When sausage quits making my pregnant self sick, I am going to have to try your recipe!!!!!

I can't claim it as my own. We made them at the capuccino cafe I used to manage. :p I use the frozen biscuits because I never use the canned ones before the expiration date. I put them in the fridge drawer and forget they're there. lol

Marisa saved dinner! Kudos! I used the Measure All Cup to roll them out~the roller was too buried! My kids went ga-ga over them! Thank you for bailing me out!

Too funny - this is what my kids requested for dinner, and I'm just about to go make them (I do have Crescent rolls, but now I know what to do if I don't!) :)

lol Too funny! I haven't even bailed myself out yet. I was going to cook red beans and rice with sausage but DH has a bit of an upset tummy from all the New Year's fiber so that was out. I knew I didn't eat cabbage and greens for a reason. lol Thinking BLTs are on the menu tonight.

We always used the biscuits before crescent rolls and they weren't even Pillsbury they were the cheap ones.I've been in bed sick most of the day woke up to find my husband baking a turkey with dressing, hot rolls, mashed potatoes/gravy, salad & green beans plus my favorite shortbread cookie. All homemade & yummy!

mmm.... when my DH makes dinner, we usually have grilled cheese and tomato soup. Or chicken nuggets and fries. Or French toast. Never "real food" like turkey. I'm jealous!

I just hope I can swallow it and it stays down, I have been real whiny today It took me forever to take my temp and then it was 102. No wonder my head felt like it was exploding and my body ached even my toes hurt
He is home until next Monday but he may go early to get away from me

Just take it easy, and only eat a little bit. It's better to fill up on water to keep yourself hydrated when you're sick.
{{{hugs}}}

chefann said:
mmm.... when my DH makes dinner, we usually have grilled cheese and tomato soup. Or chicken nuggets and fries. Or French toast. Never "real food" like turkey. I'm jealous!

LOL - if my DH makes dinner, it's a fried egg sandwich(way overdone egg), whatever leftovers he can scrounge up,...or whatever drive-through he decides to go through.

Teresa Lynn said:
I just hope I can swallow it and it stays down, I have been real whiny today It took me forever to take my temp and then it was 102. No wonder my head felt like it was exploding and my body ached even my toes hurt
He is home until next Monday but he may go early to get away from me

Oh Teresa - hope you get better soon! So sad to have such a wonderful meal made for you, and not feel like eating it!

re: pigs in blanketHi,

My son loves pigs in a blanket, we have made them with rolls, crescents, and even bread stick dough in a can.

We take hotdogs, cut them into 3, then roll the dough around them. Sometimes we put some cheese in there too.

Take the regular roll and spread it out with your fingers, kinda like working pizza dough works fine, or use the rolls that have layers and pull them apart that way.

YUMMY!!!!

pmprdprettyinsnj said:
Hi,

My son loves pigs in a blanket, we have made them with rolls, crescents, and even bread stick dough in a can.

We take hotdogs, cut them into 3, then roll the dough around them. Sometimes we put some cheese in there too.

Take the regular roll and spread it out with your fingers, kinda like working pizza dough works fine, or use the rolls that have layers and pull them apart that way.

YUMMY!!!!

My son likes them with hot dogs too. Of course, he takes the blanket off and eats the "dog/pig" alone no matter how I cook them. So, I might as well just heat the middle and not do the outside, ha!

We make them with cresent rolls cut in half the long way and with little smokies (cheese ones are really good). They are a fun quick snack at work with some ketchup! Yum!

When my husband cooks it with "Ryan" (local buffet)! I think he can still make grilled cheese or heat up pancakes in the microwave.

Ann R.

Okay - I have to share one of my favorite Holiday recipes - I make these every year to take to my DH's family Christmas Party - The big extended one with about 75-90 people. It's usually held during lunchtime on a Saturday before Christmas. His Dad is one of 7 children, so it's all of them, and whatever cousins and their kids come. It's a HUGE Potluck, and then DH and a couple of his uncles all make their famous family ice cream for dessert, along with a table full of Christmas goodies. Anyway, I usually make a double batch of this recipe and there are never any left to bring home!

SWEET SAUSAGE ROLLS

1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
24 mini smoked sausages
1/2 Cup butter
1/2 Cup chopped nuts
3 Tbls. honey
3 Tbls. brown sugar

Unroll crescents and and separate into triangles. Cut each lengthwise into 3 triangles. Place a sausage on the long end and roll up tightly; set aside.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a 7x11 baking dish. Arrange sausage rolls, seam side down, in butter/sugar mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

My husband can grill anything but he is limited to eggs and french toast on the stovetop when he is in the kitchen. It really is ashame that with me being pregnant grilled food makes me want to throw-up b/c I am missing him being able to help with the cooking.

Ooo Becky, those sound yummy. Thanks!

Related to Delicious Recipes with Regular Pillsbury Biscuits

What are some easy recipes that use regular Pillsbury biscuits?

There are many delicious recipes that you can make using regular Pillsbury biscuits, such as biscuits and gravy casserole, chicken pot pie, monkey bread, pizza bites, and breakfast sandwiches. These recipes are quick and easy to make, making them perfect for busy weeknights.

Can I use regular Pillsbury biscuits in place of crescent rolls in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute regular Pillsbury biscuits for crescent rolls in a recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different, but it will still be delicious. You may need to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.

Can I make sweet desserts using regular Pillsbury biscuits?

Absolutely! Regular Pillsbury biscuits can be used to make a variety of sweet desserts, such as apple dumplings, strawberry shortcake, and cinnamon rolls. They are a versatile ingredient that can be used in both savory and sweet dishes.

How long can I keep leftover Pillsbury biscuits?

If stored properly in an airtight container or plastic bag, leftover Pillsbury biscuits can last for 2-3 days at room temperature or 5-7 days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw them before using.

Can I use regular Pillsbury biscuits to make gluten-free recipes?

No, regular Pillsbury biscuits are not gluten-free. However, Pillsbury does offer gluten-free versions of their biscuits, so you can use those in gluten-free recipes. Alternatively, you can use a gluten-free biscuit mix or make your own gluten-free biscuits from scratch using a gluten-free flour blend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tash
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • Kelley Sells
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies