• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am Terrible at Pillsbury Things!!!

I can't take credit for coming up with this. The first training meeting I went to was taught by a woman who made this exact type of ring.
PamperedK
Silver Member
Hi all,

I'm new here, and to PC!

I've been practicing my recipes, but it's just not working :mad:

I tried to make a pillsbury crescent roll ring...it looked BAD.

I tried to make a pillsbury crescent roll pizza crust...it wouldn't roll out properly. It's all misshapen. :mad:

What's wrong with me? Do you think I could make the cool veggie pizza with the pillsbury pizza crust instead? Or anything else? :confused:

Make sure the dough is still really cold when you work with it. That's the best tip I can think of. I used to let mine sit out while I made the filling, and it was very difficult to work with. Now I wait and take the dough out of the fridge right when I'm ready to use it. It helps. Good luck.

Becca

Thanks, I'll try that - I still have a few days before my next show, so I'll have more chances to practice.

I personally don't like the cold doughs. I ask my hosts to purchase the dry crust mix that you add water too. Much easier to work with.

OH i think the cresent rolls are sooooo EASY. Don't know what I am doing..but they are easy..HAHAHAHA

Jilleysue said:
OH i think the cresent rolls are sooooo EASY. Don't know what I am doing..but they are easy..HAHAHAHA

Is there any way you can tell me how you lay them out?

If you're doing a ring, they should look like a sunshine. With a 5 or 6 inch "hole" in the center. The tips of the individual triangles will hang off the edge of the stone by a couple of inches.

Winnipegk said:
Is there any way you can tell me how you lay them out?
Okay, for the rings, this is the tip I was given:

There are 8 crescent wedges in each pack for a total of 16 wedges.
Picture in your mind a clock.
Place a wedge at 3, 6, 9, & 12 - have about 1/3 of the wedge hanging over the side of your round stone.
Then place a wedge between each of these (total 8 wedges so far/one can)
Then place the remaining 8 wedges between each of these 8 wedges (total 2 cans/16 wedges).
Use your Baker's Roller and roll the wedges a little to flatten them.
then just add your filling, bring the points of the crescent wedge over, and tuck under the bottom.

I hope that makes sense?

Alright, now, does anybody have a picture of the taco ring? Im fairly new and love tacos. I want to make sure I make this right.

A little tip I have is when you roll out any of the pillsbury dough/crust use saran wrap over the dough then use your rolling pin...

debswork said:
A little tip I have is when you roll out any of the pillsbury dough/crust use saran wrap over the dough then use your rolling pin...
Or, put your roller in the freezer for about 15 mins. When it's cold it won't stick.

Thanks for the tips everyone!
Linda - that explanation does help, thank you! I think I had too much of my roll hanging off the edge - and the description of the order makes a lot of sense too!

Winnipegk said:
Thanks for the tips everyone!
Linda - that explanation does help, thank you! I think I had too much of my roll hanging off the edge - and the description of the order makes a lot of sense too!
I hope it works for you, it did for me :) . Also, once you get your ring put together you can sort of move it around a bit to get it centered and more symetrical. Just keep practicing, you'll get it!

pamperedlinda said:
Okay, for the rings, this is the tip I was given:

There are 8 crescent wedges in each pack for a total of 16 wedges.
Picture in your mind a clock.
Place a wedge at 3, 6, 9, & 12 - have about 1/3 of the wedge hanging over the side of your round stone.
Then place a wedge between each of these (total 8 wedges so far/one can)
Then place the remaining 8 wedges between each of these 8 wedges (total 2 cans/16 wedges).
Use your Baker's Roller and roll the wedges a little to flatten them.
then just add your filling, bring the points of the crescent wedge over, and tuck under the bottom.

I hope that makes sense?

Thank you for that visual!!!! I love making these rings, but I am so bad at judging space! This will really help--especially since my next three shows this week all chose the taco ring!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Thank you for that visual!!!! I love making these rings, but I am so bad at judging space! This will really help--especially since my next three shows this week all chose the taco ring!
I can't take credit for coming up with this. The first training meeting I went to the consultant made the Chicken Club Ring (my fave!) and laid the wedges out like that. It's so simple - plus they are evenly spaced.

I tend to use my fingers to pinch the edges together and just roll a little bit. The rolls seem to stick to the roller so I just smooth out with that.

The pictures in All the Best cookbook are great.:) BTW the taco ring recipe is in that as well. I am visual person and that cookbook as helped me tremendously!! I also agree with others, don't take the dough out of the frig until you are ready to actually have your ingredients ready to go.

Cookingfool said:
Alright, now, does anybody have a picture of the taco ring? Im fairly new and love tacos. I want to make sure I make this right.

Attached is the Chicken enchilada ring - it has a similar look to the taco ring - most of the rings look very muc hlike t his - you want the filling to peek through

Attachments

• 1133909795828 (Large).jpg
    1133909795828 (Large).jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 349
Becca115 said:
Make sure the dough is still really cold when you work with it. That's the best tip I can think of. I used to let mine sit out while I made the filling, and it was very difficult to work with. Now I wait and take the dough out of the fridge right when I'm ready to use it. It helps. Good luck.

Becca

Yep - that's the bestest tip - keep the crescent roll dough in the fridge right up til you'r eready to use it.

Something just occured to me...when I was unrolling the pieces, I noticed they weren't all exactly triangle-shaped...they had a side that was sort of curved in....you don't find this to be a problem?

No, the shape is not exactly a triangle, but it doesn't matter. I tend to sprinkle a small amount of flour on my dough...use the flour sugar shaker if you have it. Yes, the dough needs to be cold or it is sticky. It takes a little practice to get the ring to look right. But hey, practice means you get to eat delicious meals...and they are tax deductable. You can also put almost any kind of filling in a ring...taco meat, chicken enchilada, turkey, ham...you can even use canned chicken or tuna. Add ingredients that your family likes. There is even a cheeseburger recipe somewhere.

Another thing you can do for the Cool Veggie Pizza is just roll out the crescent roll dough right into the Large Bar Pan and don't mess with trying to make it round. All of the triangles fit perfectly if you don't undo them at the perferations. Using a lightly floured Baker's Roller, roll the dough to fit in all of the edges of the Bar Pan and then bake.

So much easier! Hope that helps.

That's probably what i'll end up doing in the future, foodygirl - once I get a large bar pan!

oooooooo...u gotta get a lg bar pan....best piece of stoneware to have!
can use it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I use mine now more than my round stone! Just got it in september of last year...so glad i did!

Cookingfool said:
Taco Ring is in the Main Dishes Cookbook pg. 63
I did this at my show last night and as always it was aHuge hit. Really easy to put together and light.

I also use a bit of flour. It tends to help a lot!

pamperedgirl3 said:

When I was new, I cut out a 5" circle (I used a coffee can lid) and took it to my shows with me. I put it in the middle of my stone and arranged the crescent roll triangles around that. I don't use the "template" anymore but I do place the triangles as suggest by Linda. It works great.
Be sure you take the template off the stone before you bake it!:p

SillyChef said:
I also use a bit of flour. It tends to help a lot!

I use flour as well if it is getting to warm. Plus it is a great way to show off the Flour/Sugar Shaker

OK....so I tried again with the Caramel Pecan ring.I got the crescent rolls laid out properly, but when I folded them over, there wasn't a single speck of filling showing...Do I need to put the filling farther back, toward the tip? Or do I need more filling? I got this filling recipe from something else, and I had to double it just to make enough...should I make even more filling?

Last edited:
The chicken club ring is my favorite too Linda!

dannyzmom said:
Yep - that's the bestest tip - keep the crescent roll dough in the fridge right up til you'r eready to use it.

I learned that the hard way, especially in the summer. The dough needs to be taken out when I am ready to put it on the stone!

1. Why are my Pillsbury recipes not turning out well?

There could be several reasons for this. It is possible that you are not following the recipe correctly, or that your ingredients are not fresh. It is also possible that your oven temperature is not accurate, causing your baked goods to cook unevenly.

2. How can I fix my misshapen Pillsbury crescent roll pizza crust?

If your crust is misshapen, try rolling it out on a floured surface and using a rolling pin to even out the shape. You can also try stretching the dough gently with your hands to achieve a more circular shape.

3. Can I use Pillsbury pizza crust for a veggie pizza?

Yes, you can definitely use Pillsbury pizza crust for a veggie pizza. Just make sure to pre-bake the crust for a few minutes before adding your toppings, as veggies tend to release moisture that can make the crust soggy.

4. Is there a trick to making a perfect Pillsbury crescent roll ring?

One tip for making a perfect crescent roll ring is to make sure the dough is not too warm when you are shaping it. If it becomes too soft, it will be difficult to work with and may not hold its shape. You can also try using a ruler or circular object to help guide the shaping process.

5. Can I substitute Pillsbury dough for other recipes?

Pillsbury dough can be a versatile ingredient in many recipes. However, it is important to note that different types of Pillsbury dough may have different textures and consistencies, so the end result may vary. It is always a good idea to read the recipe and instructions carefully before making substitutions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • stayinathomemama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • jenandnelson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies