• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Picnic Recipes with a Twist: Utilizing the Mandoline

S
sfdavis918
I have a host who would like to do a recipe that has a picnic theme, but also uses the Mandoline. Any ideas?

Packing for a picinic maybe. Preparation using our products. Then of course the Collapsible Bowl, Prep Bowls, Chillzanne line, Outdoor Party Sticks, Plates, Cups, Caddy, etc.

If you focus on 4th of July, use the Patriotic line that's on the outlet. The Patriotic Trifle.

What I don't like is our color lines are all over the place. If you go with patriotic, you can always use disposable products with the Caddy that would color coordinate better.

Using teh UM to prepare for the picnic, but I can't think of a way to take it on a picnic, not do I know if that would be a good idea. I struggle with it, so the UM is not my friend :)
Slice your veggies to pack for the picnic on the UM.

The party sticks and collaspible bowl, plates, cups, caddy for sure to pack for your picnic.

Good luck, what a great idea :)

1. What is a Mandoline and how is it used in cooking?

A Mandoline is a kitchen tool used for slicing and cutting vegetables and fruits into thin, consistent slices. It typically has a sharp blade and an adjustable thickness setting, making it perfect for creating uniform slices for recipes.

2. Can you suggest a picnic recipe that utilizes the Mandoline?

One delicious picnic recipe that utilizes the Mandoline is a summer vegetable tart. Simply slice zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes on the Mandoline and layer them on top of a pre-made pie crust. Bake until golden brown and serve at your next picnic!

3. Are there any safety precautions to keep in mind when using a Mandoline?

Yes, it is important to always use the hand guard provided with the Mandoline to protect your fingers from the sharp blade. Also, be sure to place the Mandoline on a stable surface and use a cutting board underneath to prevent accidents.

4. Can the Mandoline be used for other types of food besides vegetables and fruits?

Yes, the Mandoline can also be used for thinly slicing meats, such as deli meats, for sandwiches or salads. It can also be used to create consistent slices of cheese or even potatoes for homemade chips.

5. Are there any tips for cleaning and maintaining a Mandoline?

To clean a Mandoline, it is best to disassemble it and wash each part separately with warm soapy water. Be sure to use caution when handling the sharp blade. For maintenance, make sure to dry the Mandoline completely before storing and periodically sharpen the blade to ensure smooth slicing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered_rae
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jaygreg
  • linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • AshleyAllison