• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Pepperoni Braided Bread Recipe

recipe. That's how I remembered making it.Thank you for the recipe, I will definitely make it!This is a great recipe!
Barry Carlton
I have a friend that asked me if I have the PC recipe for a folded/braided bread with pepperoni in it. I do not know what recipe she re referencing? Help?

Um, sounds like stromboli to me.

Or make your own using pizza crust mix, or crescent rolls all in a sheet --- just add some sauce and pepperoni, and follow the instructions for a braid.

Maybe the Pepperoni Pizza Twist. It is still a fave around here to serve. I am not a fan of olives, so I use canned mushrooms instead.

It is from the FW 2002 SB.

I just looked it up and it says it is on pg 55 of All the Best - which I didn't believe. But, there it is as a variation of the Bistro Chicken Twist.

Do you have All The Best? If not, I can try to find the recipe.

Last edited:
My family loves the Pepperoni Pizza Twist...they ask for it all the time...I make it about once a month for them. Nice to be in demand!

Found it! here it is:

Pepperoni Pizza Twist

1 package (3.5 ounces) pepperoni slices, diced
1 can (3.25 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
1 egg
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Dice pepperoni. Chop olives using. Snip parsley using kitchen shears. In a bowl, combine pepperoni, olives, parsley, mozzarella cheese, flour and garlic; mix well.

2. Place bread dough, seam sides up, on smooth side of a cutting board. Using a knife, slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle additional flour evenly over dough. Using a baker's roller, roll dough crosswise to a 4-inch width, creating a well down center of each loaf.

3. Spoon half of the pepperoni mixture down center of each loaf. Gather up edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal. Place loaves, seam sides down, in an "X" pattern on a rectangle stone. Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure "8," keeping ends of dough 1 inch from edge of stone and leaving two 1 1/2-inch openings in center of twist.

4. Separate egg over small bowl. (Discard yolk or set aside for another use.) Beat egg white and seasoning mix; lightly brush over dough. Using serrated bread knife, cut a 3-inch slit in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal filling.

5. Grate Parmesan cheese over loaf. Bake 30-32 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes. Cut into 16 slices. Serve with warm pizza sauce, if desired.

Yield: 16 appetizers or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper can be substituted for the olives.

kam said:
Ha! Excellent. Where/how did you find that? Hmmm...are there other videos I'm missing?

I googled it!

That's how I got the recipe since I didn't have it typed up (I just use it out of my Season's Best). I must not have looked far enough down the page! I stopped when I found the recipe.
Thanks!

That was a mega favorite for my hosts when it was introduced. I still get asked for it!

I made this recipe for my Superbowl party yesterday! SO easy and WAY delicious! Thanks for sharing!!!

Yes, this was a definite favorite with my hosts in 2002!! I had forgotten about it, but may have to revive it, as it was GOOOOOOD!!

I did a "twist" on it one time when I needed a quick dessert. I had bought a bunch of the french breads and had nothing to go with it. I did however have a can of apple pie filling! I simply rolled out the dough as needed and filled them each up with about 1/3 of the pie filling. (I put the rest in a container in the freezer.) Then I pinched them together, twisted the two pieces and baked it according to the original recipe. I did however brush the top with milk and sprinkled on some cinnamon sugar. It was awesome! Severed with vanilla ice cream as well!

What ingredients are needed to make Pepperoni Braided Bread?

To make Pepperoni Braided Bread, you will need refrigerated pizza dough, shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning.

Can I substitute the refrigerated pizza dough with homemade dough?

Yes, you can use homemade dough instead of refrigerated pizza dough. Just make sure to roll it out to a similar size and thickness as the refrigerated dough.

How do I prevent the bread from getting soggy?

To prevent the bread from getting soggy, make sure to fully cook the pepperoni before adding it to the dough. You can also sprinkle a layer of cheese on the bottom before adding the pepperoni to help absorb any excess moisture.

Can I use different types of cheese?

Yes, you can use different types of cheese such as cheddar, provolone, or a blend of cheeses. Just make sure they are shredded and can melt easily.

How do I store leftovers?

Leftover Pepperoni Braided Bread can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • angmillar
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD