• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Orange Chicken in My New DCB - The Ultimate Baking Companion!

In summary, Kristi shared a recipe for DCB with her husband, Tee he he, and they both enjoyed it. Kristi also mentioned that she usually serves it with rice.
Kristina21
My DCB came today (thank you Mr. Fed Ex man for not dropping it). I made orange chicken in it tonight as it's maiden baking...I LOVE IT! It's every bit as good as everyone says it is! I'm gonna sell a lot of these.

I <3 DCB :love:
Just thought I'd share!:)

and the recipe is...?????Do share!

DebbieJ said:
and the recipe is...?????

Do share!

Tee he he, I forgot that part! I was so in love with my dcb...lol

1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce (garlic ones are yummy in this)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup orange marmalade
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. grated gingerroot
8 bone-in chicken thighs (3-1/2 lb.), skin removed ( I use boneless chicken breasts)

STIR barbecue sauce and flour in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add all remaining ingredients except chicken; mix well.

POUR sauce mixture evenly over chicken in slow cooker. (Do not stir.) Cover with lid.

COOK on LOW for 3 to 5 hours. Serve chicken topped with the sauce. ( or I learned that 45 min -1 hour in the DCB @ 450 degrees, has the same results)

That sounds really good. Thank you for sharing!

I'll have to try that. Thanks!

Awesome!!!! THanks!

Kristina21 said:
Tee he he, I forgot that part! I was so in love with my dcb...lol

1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce (garlic ones are yummy in this)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup orange marmalade
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. grated gingerroot
8 bone-in chicken thighs (3-1/2 lb.), skin removed ( I use boneless chicken breasts)

STIR barbecue sauce and flour in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add all remaining ingredients except chicken; mix well.

POUR sauce mixture evenly over chicken in slow cooker. (Do not stir.) Cover with lid.

COOK on LOW for 3 to 5 hours. Serve chicken topped with the sauce. ( or I learned that 45 min -1 hour in the DCB @ 450 degrees, has the same results)

I am sooo making this for Dinner tonight! In my DCB, of course....

Thanks Kristi for the recipe ~ do you serve it with rice?

that sounds deeeeeelish!!!

yum yum! can't wait to try!

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to make this maybe this weekend. Yum!! Did you use a pound (or more?) of chicken breasts?? I've got a bunch of market day chicken breasts to use up to make room in my freezer.:)

ChefBeckyD said:
... do you serve it with rice?

Ususally I do. There are times my grocery store has really good chinese noodle stuff...can't think of name...chow mein! And I would make that with bunches of stir fry vegies.

Yes I used a lil' more then a pound of chicken. Sometimes I use the bone in like in the recipe but generally I like to cut the chicken breast up into smaller pieces. That's why Im a fan of this recipe...you just use whatcha got!

Sound yummy, thanks for the recipes.

1. How do I prepare the Delicious Orange Chicken in the DCB?

To prepare the Delicious Orange Chicken in the DCB, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, orange juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Begin by placing the chicken breasts in the DCB and mixing together the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger in a separate bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken and bake in the oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.

2. Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw the chicken before placing it in the DCB and following the same cooking instructions.

3. Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

While this recipe is specifically designed for chicken, you can use other types of meat such as pork or shrimp. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and ensure the meat is fully cooked before serving.

4. Do I need to marinate the chicken beforehand?

No, you do not need to marinate the chicken beforehand for this recipe. The chicken will absorb the flavors from the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger during the baking process, resulting in a delicious flavor.

5. Can I add vegetables to this dish?

Yes, you can add vegetables to this dish for added flavor and nutrition. Some great options to consider are broccoli, bell peppers, and carrots. Simply chop the vegetables and add them to the DCB with the chicken before baking. You may need to adjust the cooking time to ensure the vegetables are fully cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • DebPC