• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Muffins: Easy & Moist Recipe!

In summary, this conversation is about a simple recipe for muffins using a box of spice cake mix and a large can of sweet potatoes. The instructions involve mixing the cake mix with the sweet potatoes and baking in a muffin tin. The result is a delicious and moist muffin that is a new favorite for the family. There is some debate about whether canned pumpkin or sweet potatoes are healthier, but both are high in beta-carotene. It is also noted that the nutritional values for canned sweet potatoes may be higher due to the added sugar syrup. Overall, the recipe is easy to make and can be customized to personal preferences.
luvs2sellit
This is the most simple recipe for delicious muffins. I made them last night and my family loved them. Super moist.

1 box of Spice cake mix
1 Large can of sweet potatoes. drained

Pour cake mix into bowl. Add sweet potatoes. Mash with potatoe masher and mix. Put into muffin tin at 350 for about 30 minutes. I suggest you check them often due to different ovens.

Yummy, Yummy. Our new favorite recipe. I packed up 2 last night to take to my sister in law today and when I got up this morning they were gone. DH took them to work!

Last edited:
luvs2sellit said:
This is the most simple recipe for delicious muffins. I made them last night and my family loved them. Super moist.

1 box of Spice cake mix
1 Large can of sweet potatoes. drained

Pour cake mix into bowl. Add sweet potatoes. Mash with potatoe masher and mix. Put into muffin tin at 35 for about 30 minutes. I suggest you check them often due to different ovens.

Yummy, Yummy. Our new favorite recipe. I packed up 2 last night to take to my sister in law today and when I got up this morning they were gone. DH took them to work!
That sounds so good! So simple, too!:)

Do you make the cake mix normal first. Then add the sweet potatos

Nope, just the cake mix and sweet potatoes. That's it . No oil, water or eggs.
The funny story with this is I was told this recipe and to use canned pumpkin. Went to the store last night and bought canned sweet potatoes thinking the whole time I was buying canned pumpkin. (Long week of bball tryouts, school open houses etc). Went home and DS came into kitchen and asked what I was cooking. I told him pumpkin muffins. Put them in the oven and went for a walk.Dh was watching them for me. On my walk I realized that I had bought sweet potatoes and not pumpkin. But they turned out even better I thought.

luvs2sellit said:
Went to the store last night and bought canned sweet potatoes thinking the whole time I was buying canned pumpkin.
ROFL That's something I would do!

I have made them before with pumpkin. I made them in the silicone cupcake pan.

Does anyone know which would be healthier? Sweet potatoes or pumpkin?

They're probably fairly comparable. They're both high in beta-carotene! That's why they're orange.

Pumpkin
Small Can

Protein 2.7
Carbs 19.9
Fat 0.7
Fiber 7.2
Calories 83

Sweet Potatos
Small can

Protein 5.1
Carbs 59.2 :eek:
Fat 0.6
Fiber 4.4
Calories 258

For the recipe you use a large can so double the numbers above. Looks like the pumpkin is the better choice. No wonder it tasted better with the sweet potatos. lol.

Last edited:
luvs2sellit said:
Pumpkin
Small Can Protein 2.7
Carbs 19.9
Fat 0.7
Fiber 7.2
Calories 83 Sweet Potatos
Small can Protein 5.1
Carbs 59.2 :eek:
Fat 0.6
Fiber 4.4
Calories 258
For the recipe you use a large can so double the numbers above. Looks like the pumpkin is the better choice. No wonder it tasted better with the sweet potatos. lol.
The carbs & calories are probably alot higher because usually Sweet Potatoes are packed in a sugar syrup, but pumpkin isn't. If you used the same quantity of home cooked & mashed sweet potatoes it would probably be more comparable to the pumpkin.

1. What ingredients do I need to make these delicious muffins?

To make these moist and easy muffins, you will need all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, vegetable oil, an egg, and your choice of mix-ins such as chocolate chips or berries.

2. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?

Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour in this recipe. However, the texture and taste of the muffins may be slightly different.

3. How many muffins does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 standard sized muffins. If you prefer smaller or larger muffins, you can adjust the size and baking time accordingly.

4. Can I make these muffins ahead of time and freeze them?

Yes, these muffins can be made ahead of time and frozen for later. Simply let them cool completely, then store them in an airtight container or freezer bag. To reheat, thaw at room temperature or in the microwave.

5. How long do these muffins stay fresh?

These muffins will stay fresh for 2-3 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze them for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
merego
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
yourchef23
  • ragschef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies