• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Lemon Cake Recipe for Prep Bowls - Share Now!

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes from The Pampered Chef. The recipe involves making small cakes using prep bowls in the microwave, and then drizzling them with a lemon glaze. Some participants have tried different variations of the recipe, such as using different fruits and baking the cakes in a conventional oven. The conversation also mentions tips for making the recipe, such as using a cutting board to invert the cakes onto before moving them to a serving plate.
pmprdprettyinsnj
Silver Member
Would someone please share this recipe. It sounds so wonderful and I havent been able to get on pc for awhile. Would you share it online for us.

Thanks

Did you get your changeover box? It's in the SBRC in there.The Pampered Chef ®
Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes
RecipeCakes
2 tbsp butter, softened, divided
2 tbsp sugar
2 small lemons, divided
1 pkg (9 oz) yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 container (8 oz) sour cream Glaze and Garnish
2 tbsp lemon juice (from lemon used for cakes)
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar
Lemon knots (optional, see Cook's Tip) 1. For cakes, brush six Prep Bowls with 1 tbsp of the butter; sprinkle evenly with sugar. Thinly slice one of the lemons using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with thin slicing blade. Remove any seeds from lemon slices and place one slice into bottom of each bowl; set bowls aside. 2. Zest remaining lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tbsp zest; set lemon aside for glaze. Place remaining 1 tbsp butter into Classic Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 15-20 seconds or until melted. Add lemon zest, cake mix, egg and sour cream; whisk 1 minute or until smooth. Scoop batter evenly into prepared bowls. Place bowls in a circle on microwave turntable. Microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Carefully remove cakes from microwave using Chef's Tongs; cool in bowls 5 minutes. 3. Meanwhile, for glaze, juice reserved lemon to measure 2 tbsp juice. Melt butter in (2-cup) Easy Read Measuring Cup. Stir in lemon juice and sugar; microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until boiling. 4. To serve, gently tap sides of bowls to release cakes; invert cakes onto Cutting Board. Transfer cakes to serving plates using Mini-Serving Spatula. Drizzle glaze over cakes. Garnish with lemon knots, if desired.Yield: 6 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 370 mg, Fiber 0 gCook's Tip: These cakes can be baked in a conventional oven, if desired. Place Prep Bowls onto Medium Sheet Pan and bake at 350°F for 24-26 minutes. Proceed as recipe directs.For a simple garnish, make lemon knots. For each knot, score two strips of zest from a lemon using Zester/Scorer; tie them together in a knot.

lemon cakesThey are sooo yummy, they are my new fav dessert.

chefann said:
4. To serve, gently tap sides of bowls to release cakes; invert cakes onto Cutting Board. Transfer cakes to serving plates using Mini-Serving Spatula. Drizzle glaze over cakes. Garnish with lemon knots, if desired.
In the video they say to do this step while they are still hot - once the sugar cools they will be difficult to release from the bowls.

I am planning to make these for the first time at my meeting - maybe I'll do one batch just before or as they arrive and the second as the first part of our meeting. I think it'll be an awesome demo!

Ok, why invert onto a cutting board and then move to a plate? That seems like an extra step. I just invert them onto a plate.

So you can sell more products. :)

Does anyone know if this can be baked in the oven? It was asked at a meeting tonight, as the prep bowls are supposed to be oven-safe, but no one really knew for sure. The girl who asked also wondered how the lemon slices would be affected, if at all...

Thanks!
Paula

I made them in the oven but I didnt use the prep bowls I seem to have lost one but I did them in the mini fluted stone they were really yummy. I took the rind off before I ate them though

We made these last night at home. They were pretty good. We started coming up with different variations. My 3 1/2 yr old DS helped with this!! We want to somehow try strawberry, cherry, orange (has been discussed on here already).
My DS ate 2 of these last night!!!

Paula R. Lewis said:
Does anyone know if this can be baked in the oven? It was asked at a meeting tonight, as the prep bowls are supposed to be oven-safe, but no one really knew for sure. The girl who asked also wondered how the lemon slices would be affected, if at all...

Thanks!
Paula
Originally Posted by chefann

Cook's Tip: These cakes can be baked in a conventional oven, if desired. Place Prep Bowls onto Medium Sheet Pan and bake at 350°F for 24-26 minutes. Proceed as recipe directs.

This would be an easy way to show the sheet pan too.

These little cakes are one of the best recipes I've ever tried! I watched the video on CC and don't remember them using the cutting board, just the appetizer plates.

Some where on here is a version in the oven in the fluted pan. It has a double recipe to make in it.

I thought the same thing, Cindy - why do the cutting board step? I am thinking maybe so you have a little more control when placing them on the plate (that cup is gonna be hot)?

Are these good after they cool? Or is it best to serve warm?

I thought about making some ahead, and some as the demo, to have enough, but wasn't sure if it would turn out like the Choc. Mexican Cake (SBRC F/W 07) when it cools down it become very dry! It's a microwave cake too...

So is the Lemon MIni Glazed cakes good after they cool down to room temperature???
Thx

ChefNic said:
Are these good after they cool? Or is it best to serve warm?

I thought about making some ahead, and some as the demo, to have enough, but wasn't sure if it would turn out like the Choc. Mexican Cake (SBRC F/W 07) when it cools down it become very dry! It's a microwave cake too...

So is the Lemon MIni Glazed cakes good after they cool down to room temperature???
Thx

We ate them warm but refrigerated the left overs and warmed them back up in the microwave. Guess I haven't ate them cold yet. They should be fine.

Paula R. Lewis said:

Thanks!
Paula

I don't know about this recipe in the oven, but I do know the prep bowls are oven safe like the batter bowls. I have baked with them in the oven before. I made mini-cakes chocolate cakes and turned them into spiders for Halloween on year.

Yes they can be baked in the oven:Cook's Tip: These cakes can be baked in a conventional oven, if desired. Place Prep Bowls onto Medium Sheet Pan and bake at 350°F for 24-26 minutes. Proceed as recipe directs.

this sounds yummy

I am not sure if they are good cold either. They were very moist though, not sure how much they would dry out. You could prepare them and then cook them at the show.

I just made these tonight for the fam. Love them! I think I'll go try one cooled down. Hee hee! I'll let you know. The fresh lemon is so excellent!
I'll get back to you about the cooled ones. Ssshhh. Don't tell my family.

YES! Good cooled down. My microwave cooks PC cakes fast. I only put them in for the lower amount of time and they were done. The middle of the cake was a little dry even when it was warm. I think it needs a hole in the middle so the glaze will go into the cake. Love the glaze. For not being chocolate, these are excellent.

That was pretty fast Jae....are you sure they were cool?

pamperedlinda said:
That was pretty fast Jae....are you sure they were cool?
I didn't write the first review until a bit after we had the warm ones. I wrote the review on the cool one while I was still "taste testing" it. So it was actually cool.

I thought maybe you were impatient! Or that you stuck it in the freezer :)

No, I'm just a pig!

wadesgirl said:
These little cakes are one of the best recipes I've ever tried! I watched the video on CC and don't remember them using the cutting board, just the appetizer plates.

Some where on here is a version in the oven in the fluted pan. It has a double recipe to make in it.

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/who-has-tried-new-recipes-31585/index2.html#post389867 Here is the link where I talked about doing it in the fluted stone....

BTW- I have to chime in...they are YUMMY cold the next day for breakfast!

I was surprised, you use the thin blade on the mandoline (not the V-shaped one that you would normally use for lemons) and it makes them paper thin. After baking, you can eat the lemon, rind and all!

KellyTheChef said:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/who-has-tried-new-recipes-31585/index2.html#post389867 Here is the link where I talked about doing it in the fluted stone....

BTW- I have to chime in...they are YUMMY cold the next day for breakfast!

I was surprised, you use the thin blade on the mandoline (not the V-shaped one that you would normally use for lemons) and it makes them paper thin. After baking, you can eat the lemon, rind and all!

I knew it was you, just couldn't remember where it was!

I tried to save time this weekend and not get the mandoline out. It doesn't work as well when you don't get the lemons super thin.

This recipe calls for 2 tbsp butter for the cake and 2 tbsp butter for the glaze. Has anyone tried substituting margarine?

Related to Delicious Lemon Cake Recipe for Prep Bowls - Share Now!

1. How do I make lemon cakes in prep bowls?

Making lemon cakes in prep bowls is easy with Pampered Chef's Lemon Pound Cake Recipe. Start by mixing together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, lemon juice, and melted butter. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture, stirring until well combined. Pour the batter into greased prep bowls and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Let cool before serving.

2. Can I use regular cake mix to make lemon cakes in prep bowls?

Yes, you can use a regular cake mix to make lemon cakes in prep bowls. Simply prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions, adding in 1 tablespoon of lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice for a lemon flavor. Pour the batter into greased prep bowls and bake according to the package instructions for cupcakes.

3. Do I need to adjust the cooking time for mini lemon cakes in prep bowls?

Yes, you will need to adjust the cooking time for mini lemon cakes in prep bowls. The smaller size of the prep bowls will result in a shorter cooking time, typically around 15-20 minutes at 350°F. It is best to check the cakes with a toothpick to ensure they are fully cooked.

4. Can I make lemon cakes in prep bowls ahead of time?

Yes, you can make lemon cakes in prep bowls ahead of time. Once the cakes have fully cooled, you can cover them and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, you can reheat the cakes in the microwave for a few seconds or let them come to room temperature before serving.

5. What other flavors can I make with prep bowls besides lemon?

Prep bowls are versatile and can be used to make a variety of flavors besides lemon. Some other popular options include chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and pumpkin. You can also experiment with different mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit to create your own unique flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• paultorres
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jen72467
Replies