• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Delicious Fruit Cobbler Recipe in DCB | Chef Carlotta's Fresh Fruit Delight

I have done this with apples (add about an extra minute or two for fresh) and spice cake mix, Cherry Pie filling and chocolate cake mix, and blueberries with WHITE cake mix. Don't do blueberries and yellow--when you blend it the colors meld and it turns green and it looks like broccoli. I did it one time and my family was like "um, we're not eating broccoli cobbler, sorry".
Karen Weber
Gold Member
I was on P.C. community about 2 weeks ago and someone posted a recipe for a fruit cobbler in the DCB using fresh fruit. I meant to go back and copy it but didn't. Now, I can't find it. It was submitted by chef Carlotta. Anyone see this or know what this is?

Thanks,

Karen

I do these all the time. I use canned peaches though, or fresh apples. 2 large cans fresh peaches, drained. Pour into bottom of DCB, sprinkle with cinnamond. Mix together 1 box of yellow cake mix, and I add 2 c. oatmeal to give it a little bulk. Sprinkle that over the top of the peaches, top with more cinnamon or sprinkles. Dot with pats of 1 stick of butter or margarine, use the whole thing. Microwave uncovered for 15 min. Remove from Microwave and blend together with Mix n Scraper to distribute all the liquids. Cover and let it sit for 5 min or so--if your demo goes longer and it's covered for awhile no biggee. Remove lid, walk around the room and let everyone smell it...amazing.

I have done this with apples (add about an extra minute or two for fresh) and spice cake mix, Cherry Pie filling and chocolate cake mix, and blueberries with WHITE cake mix. Don't do blueberries and yellow--when you blend it the colors meld and it turns green and it looks like broccoli. I did it one time and my family was like "um, we're not eating broccoli cobbler, sorry".

This is an easy demo that is a wowser. The original recipe called for pie filling but at $5 a can here in Southern CA it was too pricey and way too sweet. Peaches are the hands down favorite at my shows.

ThanksThanks, but I think I remember she was using fresh papaya and some other fresh fruit. I'll keep looking.

Karen

What is the best fruit to use for cobbler in the Deep Covered Baker?

The best fruit to use for cobbler in the Deep Covered Baker is typically seasonal fruits such as peaches, berries, or apples. These fruits hold up well during baking and provide a delicious flavor to the cobbler.

How do I prepare the Deep Covered Baker before making fruit cobbler?

Before making fruit cobbler in the Deep Covered Baker, it is important to lightly spray the inside of the dish with non-stick cooking spray. This will prevent the cobbler from sticking to the sides and make for easy cleanup.

Can I use frozen fruit for cobbler in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit for cobbler in the Deep Covered Baker. Simply thaw the fruit before using and drain any excess liquid. You may also need to adjust the baking time slightly to ensure the cobbler is fully cooked.

Do I need to preheat the oven before baking fruit cobbler in the Deep Covered Baker?

No, you do not need to preheat the oven before baking fruit cobbler in the Deep Covered Baker. The dish is designed to be used in a cold oven and can withstand the temperature change without cracking or breaking.

What other dishes can I make in the Deep Covered Baker besides fruit cobbler?

The Deep Covered Baker is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used to make a variety of dishes, including casseroles, roasted meats, and even bread. Check out our recipe collection for more ideas on how to use your Deep Covered Baker!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb V
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • kreaser
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • michelletx