• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Delicious DCB Appetizer Ideas for Your Next Gathering

In summary, the conversation suggests various ideas for appetizers using the DCB, such as pizza dip, artichoke dip, taco dip, chicken wing dip, and easy beef salsa dip. The recipe for the easy beef salsa dip is shared, which involves using ground beef, velveta cheese, onion, salsa, crushed peppercorn & garlic rub, tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, and tortilla chips. Another recipe for chile verde dip is also mentioned, which includes refried black beans, southwestern seasoning mix, lime, cream cheese, green chilies, garlic, red onion, olives, cheddar cheese, and cilantro. It is suggested to serve the dip hot with baked tortilla chips. The possibility
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
anyone have a good idea for an appetizer using the DCB?

what about:
Pizza dip
artichoke dip
taco dip
chicken wing dip

Easy Beef Salsa Dip

1 lb velveta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
16 oz salsa
1 Tbsp Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub
2 Roma tomatoes
8 oz sour cream
green onions
tortilla chips

In DDB, break up the ground beef and add chopped onions. Microwave (HIGH) 4 minutes, covered. Chop ground beef with mix 'n chop and return to microwave for 3-4 minutes until done. Drain fat. Add rub and cheese cubes to ground beef. Pour salsa over the cheese. Microwave for 6 minutes. Stir.

Meanwhile, dice tomatoes and green onions to serve with the dip along with the chips.

I don't know who to credit this recipe to but it is YUMMY! ...and I don't care for velveta cheese. :p

Beth it sounds yummy I'm going to have to try it :)

someone posted this one on CS - it's an old PC recipe. I'm sure it can be done in the microwave too. Do you think it should be doubled in the DBC?

Pampered Chef's
Chile Verde Dip

1 can (16 ounces) refried black beans
1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 lime
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 can (3 1/4 ounces) pitted ripe olives, divided
5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, divided (1 1/4 cups)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In Small Batter Bowl, mix refried beans with 1 teaspoon of the Seasoning Mix; spread over bottom of Deep Dish Pie Plate.

Using the Lemon Aid juicer, juice lime to measure 1 tablespoon juice. In Classic Batter Bowl, mix cream cheese, lime juice, chilies, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, and remaining 1 tablespoon Seasoning Mix until smooth using Mix'N Scraper. Chop onion and half of olives using Food Chopper. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Add onion, olives and 1 cup of the cheese to Batter Bowl; mix well.

Spoon cheese mixture over bean layer in Pie Plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until hot. Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Slice remaining olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese, olives and cilantro over hot dip. Serve hot with baked tortilla chips.

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings

annew said:
Beth it sounds yummy I'm going to have to try it :)

I've had the crock-pot versoin of this, very yummy!

pamperedlinda said:
someone posted this one on CS - it's an old PC recipe. I'm sure it can be done in the microwave too. Do you think it should be doubled in the DBC?

Pampered Chef's
Chile Verde Dip

1 can (16 ounces) refried black beans
1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 lime
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 can (3 1/4 ounces) pitted ripe olives, divided
5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, divided (1 1/4 cups)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In Small Batter Bowl, mix refried beans with 1 teaspoon of the Seasoning Mix; spread over bottom of Deep Dish Pie Plate.

Using the Lemon Aid juicer, juice lime to measure 1 tablespoon juice. In Classic Batter Bowl, mix cream cheese, lime juice, chilies, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, and remaining 1 tablespoon Seasoning Mix until smooth using Mix'N Scraper. Chop onion and half of olives using Food Chopper. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Add onion, olives and 1 cup of the cheese to Batter Bowl; mix well.

Spoon cheese mixture over bean layer in Pie Plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until hot. Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Slice remaining olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese, olives and cilantro over hot dip. Serve hot with baked tortilla chips.

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings

That sounds yummy too! I guess you could double that, but it would seem so thick. There are kind of a lot of steps to this one. I wish there were more that you just threw in the ingredients almost all at once. This one sounds yummy though! We're having my parents over on Mother's Day...I may need to try one of these.:)

Related to Delicious DCB Appetizer Ideas for Your Next Gathering

What is a DCB appetizer?

A DCB appetizer is a delicious and creative dish made using the Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef. The DCB is a versatile cooking tool that can be used in the oven or microwave to quickly and easily make a variety of appetizers.

What are some popular DCB appetizer ideas?

Some popular DCB appetizer ideas include bacon-wrapped meatballs, cheesy spinach and artichoke dip, buffalo chicken dip, and mini quiches. You can also use the DCB to make stuffed mushrooms, garlic parmesan pull-apart bread, and more.

How do I use the DCB to make appetizers?

The DCB is very easy to use for making appetizers. Simply place your ingredients in the DCB, cover with the lid, and cook in the oven or microwave according to the recipe instructions. The DCB's deep sides and lid help to keep your appetizers moist and flavorful.

Can I make appetizers ahead of time using the DCB?

Yes, you can make appetizers ahead of time using the DCB. Many DCB appetizer recipes can be prepared in advance, refrigerated, and then baked right before your gathering. This makes it easy to have delicious appetizers ready to go when your guests arrive.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan DCB appetizer options?

Yes, there are several vegetarian and vegan DCB appetizer options. You can make roasted vegetable crostini, stuffed peppers, or even a vegan spinach and artichoke dip using dairy-free ingredients. Be sure to check out our website for more delicious vegetarian and vegan DCB appetizer recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda