• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Chocolate Recipes to Impress: Fondu, Pie, and More!

In summary, the host is doing recipes on her own for her guests. She is looking for a chocolate pecan lattice tart recipe, but could not find it. I think you could help her if you have the recipe.
Chef Stacy Edwards
Hi, I am doing a show where the Host wants to do all the chocolate recipes in her PC products she has.(Fondu, chocolate pie in SW Pie dish, etc.) My problem is now what recipe can I do to go with that? Could use some Ideas.

The Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart. It's been a hit at my shows. I also like to get the host to buy some cool whip and use the EAD.

And it shows off stoneware :D

Love your photo BTW!

Thanks Lisa, I guess I didn't explain it very well, The host is doing these recipes on her own to have for her guests. Do I just go along with what she has and do another Chocolate recipe, or do a Appitizer/Main Dish recipe?

I think if she is making ALL chocolate stuff you shoudl make something savory

It depends. If you are billing it as Death By Choc then I would do a chocloate recipe. JMHO. But I love choc too!!

Make sure you tell her to make only 1 or 2 other things - it shouldn't look too hard to host, or she won't have any bookings!

When she booked her show with me, I was stating at my shows how Feb was Death by Chocolate and all my recipes/drinks would be chocolate etc..
Then when we were doing host coaching calls, she told me that she loved to cook as well and wanted to do the same (death by chocolate) with her PC products she had. Of course I didn't want to bust her bubble and tell her she couldn't.
I agree on the whole making it look easy for future host and that is why I thought maybe I should do something other then Chocolate. I don't know I am confused.
I still have one more coaching call to do with her. I just don't want the guest to go home throwing up because they ate so much chocolate.....

Well the guests should know their chocolate limits and only sample a little of each!!You can have her make things, and don't make a big deal about it...a lot of the customers may not even realize what she made vs what you made!!

So now my question is if anyone can help, is do i stay with my theme and still do chocolate, or like dannyzmom suggested and do something savory or maybe a Dip recipe?

If you told everyone you were doing a Death by Chocolate theme, I'd stick with a chocolate recipe. I second the chocolate pecan lattice tart, it's my favorite dessert recipe. It's easy to make and it shows off the stoneware and other tools. Plus, it's not overwhelmingly chocolatey, so it would be great for any guests who don't like a lot of rich chocolate.

Thank you, I have decided to do that or the Banana split Brownie. Leaning towards the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart.

Let her do the work. It would be easier on you. Use her participation as a way to show her guests how easy it is to create wonderful food using PC products. Maybe talk to her about becoming a consultant and using this as her first show. I love making the Warm Hazelnut Chocolate Cake in the Rice Cooker Plus. I use almonds instead of hazelnuts, but people are quite impressed with what can be made in the microwave.

Hi Lisa,I was looking for the chocolate pecan lattice tart recipe but could not find it.
I was wondering if you could help me with it. I'm a newbie and doing a Death by Chocolate party. I found a chocolate martini witch I'm going for. And the chocolate lava cake.

bluecheese said:
Hi Lisa,

I was looking for the chocolate pecan lattice tart recipe but could not find it.
I was wondering if you could help me with it. I'm a newbie and doing a Death by Chocolate party. I found a chocolate martini witch I'm going for. And the chocolate lava cake.

First of all this is a VERY old thread, but to help you with the recipe I think it was in a Seasons Best F/W 06...HTH

Just google "chocolate pecan lattice tart pampered chef". The first one on the list I saw had the recipe (on food.com).

here it is.....

The Pampered Chef ®
Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart
Recipe

1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup pecan halves
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon Double-Strength Vanilla
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on package
Additional pecan halves and vanilla ice cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 375°F. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine chocolate morsels and butter. Microwave on HIGH 20-40 seconds until melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Finely chop pecans using Food Chopper. Add pecans, brown sugar, egg, corn syrup and vanilla to chocolate mixture; whisk using Stainless Whisk and set aside.

Unroll one pie crust onto lightly floured Large Round Stone and roll to a 13-inch circle using Baker's Roller®. Unroll second pie crust and gently fold in half. Starting in center, cut folded crust crosswise into twelve 3/4-inch-wide strips using Crinkle Cutter; discard ends so all strips are crinkled.

Spoon pecan mixture over center of crust on baking stone using Small Mix 'N Scraper®; spread to a 10-inch circle. Carefully twist six of the pie crust strips and place evenly over filling in horizontal rows. (Place longest strips across widest point.) Twist remaining strips and lay over filling in vertical rows, forming a lattice pattern. Firmly press ends of strips onto edge of crust. Fold edge of crust over ends of strips, pinching edges to seal. Place additional pecan halves between lattice strips, if desired.

Bake 28-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. To serve, cut into wedges using Utility Knife and serve using Mini-Serving Spatula. Serve with ice cream, if desired.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 150 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: Corn syrup is a sweet syrup extracted from corn that is available in light and dark varieties. It contributes chewiness to this tart's flavorful filling.

If desired, 1 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double-Strength Vanilla.

Shopping List
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup pecan halves
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon Double-Strength Vanilla
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts
Additional pecan halves and vanilla ice cream

Cook's Tips: Corn syrup is a sweet syrup extracted from corn that is available in light and dark varieties. It contributes chewiness to this tart's flavorful filling.

If desired, 1 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double-Strength Vanilla.

© null The Pampered Chef used under license.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry...I posted originally on my iPad....not easy to copy/paste with that, IMHO.Plus- I'm a "teach a man how to fish" kind of gal. ;)

1. What is Death by Chocolate?

Death by Chocolate is a delicious and rich dessert made with layers of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream. It is usually topped with chocolate shavings or sprinkles for added flavor and presentation.

2. How do I make Death by Chocolate?

To make Death by Chocolate, you will need a chocolate cake mix, instant chocolate pudding mix, milk, heavy cream, and chocolate shavings or sprinkles. Follow the instructions on the cake and pudding mix boxes, layer the cake and pudding in a dish, and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.

3. Can I make Death by Chocolate ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Death by Chocolate ahead of time. It is actually recommended to refrigerate the dessert for a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend and the pudding to set. You can also make it a day in advance and keep it in the fridge until you're ready to serve.

4. How do I store leftovers of Death by Chocolate?

If you have any leftovers of Death by Chocolate, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. The whipped cream may deflate a bit, but it will still be delicious. You can also freeze individual portions in an airtight container for up to a month.

5. Can I make a healthier version of Death by Chocolate?

Yes, you can make a healthier version of Death by Chocolate by using low-fat or sugar-free cake and pudding mixes, and replacing the heavy cream with whipped coconut cream or Greek yogurt. You can also add fresh fruit on top for added nutrition and flavor. However, keep in mind that it may alter the taste and texture of the dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blondeinpcola
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tara1021
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies