• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Cheerios Recipes for Your Unwanted Box - Try Them Now!

In summary, the friend was looking for cookie recipes that might use up her nearly full box of Cheerios. She found one that used only 4 cups of the cereal, and she didn't care for them.
raebates
Staff member
I have a friend who has a large, nearly full box of Cheerios. Neither she nor her husband are fans of the cereal, so she was looking for cookie recipes that might use them. She figured she'd use them up making cookie for The Furry Guy. She found one. It used only 4 cups of the Cheerios (didn't even make a dent in the box), and she didn't care for them. Anyone have something tried and true?

TIA!

She can do them as marshmallow treats, just like you would with Rice Krispies.

That's basically what the recipe she tried was. It's also the first thing I suggested to her. LOL! Great minds think alike, Keith.

Thanks, Keith! You rock!ETA: Found that the link didn't work, but http://www.cheerios.com/recipes/recipes.aspx does.

Was this yo...er...someone else collecting Star Trek badges for Christmas stockings?

This is not a cookie, but a snack mix. We make it every Christmas. It's highly addictive. If your friend is trying to use up Cheerios, then just don't use the Chex cereal, and up the qty. of the Cheerios. It's sooooo yummy!http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/White-Chocolate-Snack-Mix/Detail.aspx

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Was this yo...er...someone else collecting Star Trek badges for Christmas stockings?
Nope. It was a friend whose adult daughter and her family (husband, teenager, pre-teen, and two big dogs) lived with my friend and her husband for about 3 months and left a great big, nearly-full box of Cheerios along with a lot of mess and stress behind. :rolleyes:Becky, I'll be sure to share that with her.

I got cheerios on sale last week and we have used them up by melting 3 blocks of almond bark in a bowl and then pouring in cheerios and craisins (nuts and pretzels would be good too) and then after mixing stirring in mini marshmallows. I let them set up on parchment paper in the freezer. They are really good, I like them better than the rice crispy recipe from PC a few holidays back.

ChefBeckyD said:
This is not a cookie, but a snack mix. We make it every Christmas. It's highly addictive. If your friend is trying to use up Cheerios, then just don't use the Chex cereal, and up the qty. of the Cheerios. It's sooooo yummy!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/White-Chocolate-Snack-Mix/Detail.aspx

Oh, yes, my MIL makes this every year at Christmas. I love love love it...everyone else says they aren't crazy about it, but I know I don't eat that whole huge container of it alone!!!! (MIL never made a small amount of anything in her life, lol!)

raebates said:
Nope. It was a friend whose adult daughter and her family (husband, teenager, pre-teen, and two big dogs) lived with my friend and her husband for about 3 months and left a great big, nearly-full box of Cheerios along with a lot of mess and stress behind. :rolleyes:Becky, I'll be sure to share that with her.
So, they breezed in, caused a lot of commotion, then said, "Cheerio!"?They sound like a band of cereal roomers.

If they didn't pay up or didn't work, then they'd be idle roomers. And if they got into a lot of fights, they'd be vicious roomers.

What are some easy recipes using Cheerios?

One popular recipe is Cheerios bars, which involves melting marshmallows and butter together and then mixing in Cheerios. Another easy option is adding Cheerios to a trail mix with nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate chips.

Can Cheerios be used in savory dishes?

Yes, Cheerios can add a crunchy texture to savory dishes like meatloaf or as a topping for casseroles. They can also be crushed and used as a breading for chicken or fish.

Are there any gluten-free Cheerios recipes?

Yes, there are many gluten-free options for Cheerios recipes. Some examples include using them as a substitute for bread crumbs in meatballs or using them as a topping for a gluten-free apple crisp.

Can I use Cheerios in baking?

Absolutely! Cheerios can be crushed and used as a coating for chicken or fish, added to cookie or brownie batter for an extra crunch, or used as a topping for muffins or quick breads.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan Cheerios recipes?

Yes, there are many vegetarian and vegan options for Cheerios recipes. Some examples include using them as a topping for a fruit and yogurt parfait, adding them to a veggie stir-fry for a crispy texture, or using them as a topping for a veggie chili.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kkimpinski
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
osproul
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • DebPC