• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Defective Springform Pan: Frustrated Customer Seeks Help

In summary, the customer feels that the warranty on the springform pan has expired and there is nothing that PC can do for her.
TinasKitchen
I have a customer who is an upcoming host. She asked me to find out about the Springform Pan that she has, used it 1x and it is defective. The outside springform doesnt fit around the base and it leaks and leaked all into her oven. It was the old style that has the heart mold insert. I called Customer Service and they said the warranty has expired on that item and there is nothing they can do for her.

I just called her and she is extremely annoyed about it and plans on calling HO herself. I gave her the #. She said she didnt mean to get me involved in this b/c I wasnt the consultant she bought it from but figured I could help her out. She went on and on about how when she sold Partylite how they have things that dont expire such as gift certificates, etc. I told her I understand but being that they came out w/ a better springform they discontinued that one to put the better one in the catalog. She said no wonder why they discontinued it.. its garbage.

Is there anything I can do for her? She really seems genuinely upset but not at me.

Since she is hosting a show you could offer to buy it for her under her discount of course. I am sure that would make her happy

She did the book to look so I'm already giving her something for free. Should I ask if she'd like this instead?

I would...maybe say if your show reaches $500 then I will buy one for you free instead of giving you the book to look gift...but i would make sure you gave her a min. show total that way you aren't spending all your commission on a new springform pan...

Another thought would be to offer her the book to look like you agreed to but give her another incentive for the springform pan. a certain number of bookings, so many outside orders, etc. Another incentive will help to increase your overall guest sales and still make her happy. If you do something like this for her, then you will become her PC consultant for LIFE!

Thanks Ladies,

I spoke to her last night after she called HO. She is so pssed off b/c she feels that they stand behind their warranty and not the products. She used it 1x in the 3 yr warranty b/c she had moved and then had 2 children so didnt have time to bake. She worked for partylite and said they took anything back no matter the warranty. She spoke to a supervisor, etc. and felt that they couldnt do anything about it except sorry the warranty expired. I told her I'd buy her the pan and she said No this isnt of your concern, its the principle of the matter and I really dont even want to have a show now but I will b/c I already said I would for you but she's pssed off about it. She said she'll put the show in her moms name b/c she wants nothing to do w/ PC ever again. I feel horrible b/c she's a great customer and has bought a ton of PC stuff over the years (prior to me).

I called up HO last night after her call to me and left a message for a supervisor.I asked if they can even give her something minimal like a $10 gift certificate or somethin b/c thats all she's looking for at this point.. not a new pan but just an offering for good business. No response as of yet. :(

Okay, not to be a martyr here, but I really think this lady needs to lighten up a bit. Granted, she says she only used it once, but she's had it for 3 years! Things happen. I think a 3-year warranty is very generous and maybe you need to *nicely* point out that any retail store would never even consider taking an item like that back after one year, let alone 3! Granted, maybe PartyLite would take back an item for any reason, but they don't sell items that are "used and abused" on a daily basis. So, if your PartyLite candle holder catches fire, I'm sure they'll take it back! :p
Maybe what I'm trying to say is, don't let her get to you too much. I think you have done everything you can and it sounds like she may be a pain to deal with in the long run if anything else ever breaks. I understand she was a good buyer, but sometimes, that is not enough. Just do her show (hopefully everything arrives intact!):eek: , and wish her well. Move on to the next host who is THRILLED to be having a PC party and can't wait to tell all of her friends about it! :D
Best of luck!
Jen

True!! thanks Jen!!! :)

Hi! Had to put my 2 cents worth in!
Just would like to say, since that lady claims that partylite will take back anything anytime....
I had a wall sconce from party light for about 3 weeks. The second time I used it, one of the glass votive holders on it just suddenly "Blew Up".
It was lit, on the wall, and I hear this pop and then the sound of broken glass hitting the floor. Half of it was still sitting in the sconce and the other half was shattered all over the floor. I am assuming that it broke from the heat, which would be weird because it is after all, a "High Quality" very expensive piece that is meant for a candle!

I just assumed that they would replace it, not only because it was obviously defective, but I only had it for 3 weeks and only used it twice!

Well.... they said it was not guaranteed and that I would have to buy a new replacement part for it! That little piece of glass (The votive holder) cost me $10!! Which wouldn't be a big deal accept that a plain glass votive holder in the store costs about 1 or 2 dollars.

I always thought in the past that all direct sales companies guarantee their products, but it isn't true... I just assumed that is why we pay more for them.

Your customer should understand though, that PC had no way of knowing if she didn't use the heck out of that thing for all those years, if they took the customers word for everything, then they would have a lot of dihonest people getting new stuff after their guarantee is over, claiming that they only used it one or two times and now it is broken.

But I do think that they should do something for her... just some little thing to keep the peace. But still let her know that that is not the norm.

chefjenibel said:
Okay, not to be a martyr here, but I really think this lady needs to lighten up a bit. Granted, she says she only used it once, but she's had it for 3 years! Things happen. I think a 3-year warranty is very generous and maybe you need to *nicely* point out that any retail store would never even consider taking an item like that back after one year, let alone 3!

I couldn't agree more! I realize we are in the "customer service" biz but I think this customers undies a in a huge bunch and she really needs to un bunch them. You are being so nice to her she should really be more pleasent. Things like putting the show in her mom's name cause she dosen't want to deal with PC again is very silly and preschool. I do wish you luck and hope the show goes well and you find some great new customers..

Update:
Just got a call from HO. They understand and are sending her an appreciation gift. I think its nice of them to do so. I understand her point of view and she's not being nasty with me.. she doesnt even want me involved or didnt even mention my name. I just dont want to lose her as a customer. She's my friends sister and she buys a ton of PC stuff. If she was nasty to me, I would not be going out of my way for her lol

I wonder what kind of appreciation gift???

Thanks great that they are sending them something.:)

I asked and she said a cookbook such as Celebrations or All the Best. I said that would be fantastic. I knew we worked for a great company!

Tina, that's great! I hope it will help change her attitude and that you have a great show with her.

Julie

Thanks Julie (wow I know your name!) lol I think the show will be good but knowing she was so mad was making me wonder if she'd pull out of doing a show. :( She's my only show in July so far lol

1. Why is my order taking so long to arrive?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to ensure timely delivery of all orders. However, due to unforeseen circumstances such as high demand or shipping delays, your order may take longer than expected to arrive. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.

2. Can I cancel my order?

If your order has not yet been shipped, you may cancel it by contacting our customer service team. However, if your order has already been shipped, we are unable to cancel it. You may return the order for a refund or exchange once it has been delivered.

3. My item arrived damaged, what should I do?

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by a damaged item. Please contact our customer service team and provide photos of the damaged item. We will work with you to find a suitable solution, such as a replacement or refund.

4. How do I track my order?

Once your order has been shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email. You can also log in to your Pampered Chef account to track the status of your order. If you have any concerns about the delivery of your order, please contact our customer service team.

5. Do you offer international shipping?

At this time, we only offer shipping within the United States and Canada. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, we are constantly working to expand our shipping options and hope to offer international shipping in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • TinasKitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • mrshamel3808