• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Covered Baker Corned Beef??

You take it out & check it. If the fork goes through it easily then its ready. I made 1 last night, 4lbs. took a few hours....HTHAn hour a pound or so? I need to gauge this correctly because I can't put it in until after work and I don't want hungry people sitting around at 7:00 waiting for it to cook. Otherwise, I'll just wait and do it this weekend. The kids hate it anyway, but it's my favorite meal of the year!Oh and what temperature???An hour a pound or so? I need to gauge this correctly because I can't put it in until after work and I don't want hungry people
brendaziz
Trying to decide how to make my hubby's corned beef for st paddy's day and wondering if I could throw some in there w/ some veggies in the microwave and see how it comes out?
anyone ever done this?

brendaziz said:
Trying to decide how to make my hubby's corned beef for st paddy's day and wondering if I could throw some in there w/ some veggies in the microwave and see how it comes out?
anyone ever done this?

DON'T put it in the micro wave!! BUT it works GREAT in the oven. Put it in the DCB with water 3/4 way full, cook it till the fork goes in easily ( you might have to add more water) When the CB is done, save the water/juices, put that on the stove add more water & then put your veggies in it. Come out WONDERFUL!!! :D

Good advice. Thanks!!!!

I am doing my corned beef in it... in the oven too

Thanks, guys (or, girls). I have an opportunity interview Wednesday on the way home from work, and just asked my son if he can make dinner that night, and if he'd want to make Corned Beef and Cabbage (he's a little wary of trying new things, but more willing each time).

I'll just have to be sure when I tell him to put the water and juices 'on the stove,' I say to pour it in a pot first!! Would hate to come home to a broken DCB, because he placed it on the burner, haha.

pampchefsarah said:
Thanks, guys (or, girls). I have an opportunity interview Wednesday on the way home from work, and just asked my son if he can make dinner that night, and if he'd want to make Corned Beef and Cabbage (he's a little wary of trying new things, but more willing each time).

I'll just have to be sure when I tell him to put the water and juices 'on the stove,' I say to pour it in a pot first!! Would hate to come home to a broken DCB, because he placed it on the burner, haha.

GOOD Idea! Also for more flavor, I add some butter to the water/juices mixture, this way the veggies are absorbing more flavor....:D

how long in the oven?

Yep, I was wondering this too. I usually make it in the crock pot and I cook it all day so it comes out nice & tender, but I have no idea how long to cook it in the oven. DH wanted to cook it in his smoker, but I love the taste of all the spices, so I don't think I'd like it in the smoker.

Thanks!

Adrian

cakepampered said:
how long in the oven?

You take it out & check it. If the fork goes through it easily then its ready. I made 1 last night, 4lbs. took a few hours....HTH

An hour a pound or so? I need to gauge this correctly because I can't put it in until after work and I don't want hungry people sitting around at 7:00 waiting for it to cook. Otherwise, I'll just wait and do it this weekend. The kids hate it anyway, but it's my favorite meal of the year!

Oh and what temperature???

Adrian said:
An hour a pound or so? I need to gauge this correctly because I can't put it in until after work and I don't want hungry people sitting around at 7:00 waiting for it to cook. Otherwise, I'll just wait and do it this weekend. The kids hate it anyway, but it's my favorite meal of the year!

Well actually, you are suppossed to let it rest after its cooked or it will fall apart. So I made mine last night, kept all the juices & tonight put the juices,more water & the veggies in a pot & boil them up. They take about 30-40 minutes, when they are done Put the corned Beef on a paper plate, cover with a soaking wet paper towel & it will heat up moist & tender....HTH
I cook mine at 425.

1. How long does it take to cook corned beef in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for corned beef in the Deep Covered Baker will vary depending on the size and thickness of the meat. However, on average, it takes about 2-2.5 hours to cook corned beef in the Deep Covered Baker.

2. Do I need to add any liquid when cooking corned beef in the Deep Covered Baker?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is designed to trap and retain moisture, so you do not need to add any extra liquid when cooking corned beef. The meat will cook in its own juices, resulting in a tender and flavorful final product.

3. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker for cooking other types of meat?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker can be used for cooking a variety of meats, including chicken, pork, and beef. It is also great for cooking vegetables and casseroles.

4. Do I need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before cooking corned beef?

No, the Deep Covered Baker does not require preheating. Simply place the seasoned corned beef in the baker and put it in the oven to start cooking.

5. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is not microwave safe. It is designed to be used in the oven only. However, it can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, making it versatile for a range of oven-cooked dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • PCSarahjm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • janezapchef