• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Decorating Doll Cake Skirts: Frosting Tips

In summary, to make the frosting for the doll cake skirt, you will need to mix together butter, powdered sugar, and a small amount of milk until it reaches a smooth and spreadable consistency. Buttercream frosting is the best option for decorating doll cake skirts as it holds its shape well and is easy to work with. To create a ruffled effect, hold the piping bag at a 45-degree angle and use a small round tip. You can also use fondant to decorate the doll cake skirt by rolling it out to a thin layer and gently pressing it onto the cake. The cake can be decorated up to a day in advance, but it is best to store it in the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for an hour
nikkijo
What do you use to decorate the doll cake skirt? Do you use regular frosting?

Any help would be appreciated :D

Thank you!

Nikki

YOu can use regular frosting from a can. Some also use Frozen Whipped cream from a tub and do the whisps like the baked Alaska cake.

I use the white frosting from the can that way if I want to color some of it to make the flowers for the skirt all I have to do is add a little food coloring.

I use reg frosting for the skirt, then whipped cream in the easy accent decorator for ruffles at the bottom of the skirt. Do not use whipped cream if it is hot or you aren't eating it really soon.

I can't stand the taste of icing from a can. I use this recipe

1 cup crisco
4 1/2 cups powdered Sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 to 4 tablespoons water

Mix in blender until fluffy.

The almond gives this such a great taste. I always get compliments on my icing. Plus, you can add more water if it's too thick or more powdered sugar if it's too runny. It also sets up really well so that the cake is easy to take somewhere. The icing will get a little firm but not too firm when you go to eat it!

Related to Decorating Doll Cake Skirts: Frosting Tips

1. How do I make the frosting for the doll cake skirt?

To make the frosting for the doll cake skirt, you will need to mix together butter, powdered sugar, and a small amount of milk until it reaches a smooth and spreadable consistency. You can also add food coloring to achieve your desired color.

2. What type of frosting works best for decorating doll cake skirts?

Buttercream frosting is the best option for decorating doll cake skirts as it holds its shape well and is easy to work with. You can also use whipped cream or cream cheese frosting for a lighter option.

3. How do I create a ruffled effect on the doll cake skirt?

To create a ruffled effect, hold the piping bag at a 45-degree angle and use a small round tip. Start at the bottom of the skirt and pipe a small amount of frosting, then move the piping bag up and down in a wave-like motion to create ruffles.

4. Can I use fondant to decorate the doll cake skirt?

Yes, you can use fondant to decorate the doll cake skirt. Roll out the fondant to a thin layer and use a sharp knife or cookie cutter to cut out desired shapes. Gently press the fondant onto the cake to create a smooth and even finish.

5. How far in advance can I decorate the doll cake skirt?

You can decorate the doll cake skirt up to a day in advance. It is best to store the cake in the refrigerator to keep the frosting from melting. Let the cake sit at room temperature for about an hour before serving to allow the frosting to soften.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
c00p
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
HJPChef
  • swinkate
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views