• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

December Recipes - What Are You Offering?

In summary, Becky is offering a variety of recipes for December - including a savory dish and a cookie exchange. She is undecided what to offer for January and February, but is considering a Hot Pizza Dip and a pretzel wreath.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I have started giving my hosts a choice of two recipes (one sweet / one savory) each month. I also add a drink recipe as an option.

I am getting my December recipe choices ready and can't decide what to offer! :confused:

What are you all offering for December shows?

PChefPEI said:
I have started giving my hosts a choice of two recipes (one sweet / one savory) each month. I also add a drink recipe as an option.

I am getting my December recipe choices ready and can't decide what to offer! :confused:

What are you all offering for December shows?

My December Shows are Homemade For The Holidays Shows, or Cookie Exchanges.

I think I'm going to take a chicken as a gift for the host, and pop it in the microwave.....

I am offering Homemade for the Holidays, BUT- I may change things up, once I find out MOnday what the Hostess Specials are for January and February.

I was thinking about Homemade for the Holidays, but I have had hosts in the past who don't want sweets (imagine that!! :eek:). I suppose I could offer up something else if that issue comes up.

And, I had thought about the cookie exchange idea, but seems to be a lot of work for the host...tracking what kind of cookies and how many people need to bring. What's your take on that?

PChefPEI said:
I was thinking about Homemade for the Holidays, but I have had hosts in the past who don't want sweets (imagine that!! :eek:). I suppose I could offer up something else if that issue comes up.

And, I had thought about the cookie exchange idea, but seems to be a lot of work for the host...tracking what kind of cookies and how many people need to bring. What's your take on that?

For the cookie exchange - I make it simple. Even if there are 12 people there, if people bring 2 dozen, everyone still gets 2 - so I just have them bring 2 dozen. When they RSVP to the host, they tell what kind of cookie they are bringing - and then, if it's already being made, the host can let them know.

If someone wants a savory dish for the homemade for the holidays show, just have an appetizer made ahead, and in the oven while you are doing your demo. That is want I did last year, and am planning on it this year too. One that people really liked (I did this for cookie exchange shows too) is the Hot Pizza Dip w/ the French Bread Wreath around it. Simple and quick to do!

In fact, even if you were offering non-dessert shows, I would offer that! It's a great holiday appetizer!

Thanks Becky. Those are great tips!

Now, would you have the recipe for the dip?? pretty please........ :)

Another question....when offering Homemade for the Holidays, do you do all three recipes or give the host a choice of one?

I'm currently planning to do a Black Forest Trifle. However, that may change when I find out Monday what the January & February specials will be.

I will be offering the Turkey Chili or the White Chicken Chili or the 15-minute fajitas and Homemade for the Holidays. I was going to offer Power Cooking, but after trying a few of the parties last winter...I don't think I like them! I know BIG shock!! People love the idea of them. And some consultants have the system down pat and are ROCKING the power cooking. I just never got comfortable with them and I think it showed.

PChefPEI said:

It's in All the Best.

Like Becky, I'm planning on Homemade for the Holidays. Last year I did the Baked Brie when I arrived at the hosts home and that was the appetizer. Everyone loved it. We did the pretzel wreaths and everyone got to take their creation home.

PChefPEI said:

Hot Pizza Dip

1 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 8 oz can pizza sauce
2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons green onion, sliced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine softened cream cheese and Italian seasoning. Spread into the bottom of baker. In a small bowl combine mozza and parmesan. Sprinkle ½ of this over the cream cheese. Spread pizza sauce over top of all. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with pepper and onions.

Bake for 15 - 18 minutes. Serve with french bread, crackers, or veggie sticks.

Now that we know Jan. and Feb. Host Specials what are you planning on for a demo recipe in Dec.?

I am doing the trifle, and the name of it just escaped my brain. The one with the cherry pie filling and chocolate~ so yummy :)

Thanks Meredith. That would be the Black Forest Trifle, right? I did that one this month.

Anyone else want to share your ideas for Dec.?

PCJen said:
Thanks Meredith. That would be the Black Forest Trifle, right? I did that one this month.

Anyone else want to share your ideas for Dec.?

Ha, yes that would be it :)
I did the dump cake in the baker for November and sold a ton of them.

My friend who sells uppercase living made me this decal to put on my trifle bowl that says earn me for 60% off in December and the other side has a Christmas Tree, very pretty. They are removable, I had a fall one and a winter one. I had people book b/c of the trifle bowl and then contact the UL gal :) The torte is yummy, I am going to try that icecream cake in the springform pan this weekend at home. The brie recipe is easy and a good holiday recipe, I think :)

I was thinking about the Apple and Cranberry Brie or maybe the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte. There is also the Cherry Cordial Torte in the Holiday Desserts cookbook, has anyone tried it?

I would like to do a cookie swap but just don't know how to go about doing it even after reading all the posts on here. Should I do a demo or not? And if I do do a demo I feel like it needs to be cookies but a demo of cookies is just too repetitive. I'm probably making it harded then it needs to be.

PCJen said:
I was thinking about the Apple and Cranberry Brie or maybe the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte. There is also the Cherry Cordial Torte in the Holiday Desserts cookbook, has anyone tried it?

I would like to do a cookie swap but just don't know how to go about doing it even after reading all the posts on here. Should I do a demo or not? And if I do do a demo I feel like it needs to be cookies but a demo of cookies is just too repetitive. I'm probably making it harded then it needs to be.

The torte is very good!

Thanks Linda.

I am offering a Homemade for the Holidays recipe and the tangy pepper pecan brie. I've attached the insert I put in my packets. I print it on pretty Christmas paper. The font may not show up very nicely, as I downloaded some Christmas font I used for it.

Attachments

• December Recipes.doc
    24 KB · Views: 489
kcjodih said:
Hot Pizza Dip

1 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 8 oz can pizza sauce
2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons green onion, sliced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine softened cream cheese and Italian seasoning. Spread into the bottom of baker. In a small bowl combine mozza and parmesan. Sprinkle ½ of this over the cream cheese. Spread pizza sauce over top of all. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with pepper and onions.

Bake for 15 - 18 minutes. Serve with french bread, crackers, or veggie sticks.

I'd like to make this, but I don't have the mini baker. What do you recommend for a substitute? Is there one?

PChefPEI said:
I am offering a Homemade for the Holidays recipe and the tangy pepper pecan brie. I've attached the insert I put in my packets. I print it on pretty Christmas paper. The font may not show up very nicely, as I downloaded some Christmas font I used for it.

Where can I find the recipe for the tangy pepper pecan brie? That sounds good.

babywings76 said:
Where can I find the recipe for the tangy pepper pecan brie? That sounds good.

Here you go! :) It is in the SB's fall/winter 2007.

Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie
------------------------

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (125 mL) pecan halves
1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded
1/4 cup (50 mL) apricot preserves
1 4-in. (10-cm) round (8 oz/250 g) Brie or Camembert cheese with rind, room temperature
1 loaf (16 oz/500 g) French baguette

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Coarsely chop pecans using Chef's Knife. Chop jalapeño using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine jalapeño and preserves; mix well.

2. Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, cut side up, onto center of Large Round Stone. Spread half of the apricot mixture over bottom half of Brie using Small Spreader. Top with half of the pecans and remaining half of Brie, cut side up. Spread remaining apricot mixture over Brie; sprinkle with remaining pecans.

3. Using Bread Knife, cut baguette on a bias into twenty-four 1/4-in.-thick (6-mm) slices. Arrange baguette slices around Brie; spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 8-10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown and Brie begins to soften. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve using Bamboo Spreader.

Yield: 12 servings

Per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 400 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: For a simple garnish, slice a jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise using Petite Paring Knife. Brush cut surface with apricot jam. Place next to Brie before baking.

This recipe can also be prepared on the Large Bar Pan, if desired.

Variations: Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Brie: Substitute 2/3 cup (150 mL) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, patted dry and chopped for the apricot preserves. Substitute 1 tbsp (15 mL) prepared basil pesto for the jalapeño pepper and 1/4 cup (50 mL) pine nuts for the pecans. Proceed as recipe directs.

Brown Sugar Dijon Brie: Substitute 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar for the apricot preserves, 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard for the jalapeño pepper and 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds for the pecans. Reserve 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the almonds. Chop remaining almonds; combine brown sugar, chopped almonds and mustard. Assemble as directed in Step 2; top with reserved almonds. Proceed as recipe directs.

I am running a special for December.....I am offering NO recipes to my unbooked calendar. Makes for less stress for me, HAHA!!!

babywings76 said:
I'd like to make this, but I don't have the mini baker. What do you recommend for a substitute? Is there one?

Do you think that the mini oval baker would work, but since that isn't for sale anymore, probably wouldn't be a good idea... Could double the recipe and use the Deep Dish Baker? I would also like to know about the french bread wreath around it... could you share how to do this (maybe it's something that everyone knows, but I'm stumped). But of course, without the Mini-Baker it probably won't work, will it..... hmmm, I'm no help, but have more questions...

I make Hot Pizza Dip in the pie plate.

DebbieJ said:
I make Hot Pizza Dip in the pie plate.

Me too! And wrap the french bread around it for the bread wreath.

Do you just bake the french bread dough on a round stone then put the hot pizza dip in the middle afterwards? I, too, would like suggestions on the bread wreath. I'm making the dip for my show tomorrow, but I've never done the bread wreath.

Nope- put the raw dough on a large round stone with the mini baker in the middle and bake it all together. The mini baker will get "stuck" as the bread rises, but it's a fun presentation.

The black forest torte is delcious and easy! I will be doing that one again soon.

chefann said:
Nope- put the raw dough on a large round stone with the mini baker in the middle and bake it all together. The mini baker will get "stuck" as the bread rises, but it's a fun presentation.

I'm assuming you just slice it up then?

Ok, I'm really confused with the hot pizza dip and bread wreath now because I got the ingredients to do this, and the bread dough bakes 26-30 minutes, but the dip only bakes 15-20 minutes. That's kind of a big difference in bake times. So, how does the bread get done without overcooking the dip? Please help! I have a show tonight and would love to do this, but I'm confused (AGAIN)!

janezapchef said:
Ok, I'm really confused with the hot pizza dip and bread wreath now because I got the ingredients to do this, and the bread dough bakes 26-30 minutes, but the dip only bakes 15-20 minutes. That's kind of a big difference in bake times. So, how does the bread get done without overcooking the dip? Please help! I have a show tonight and would love to do this, but I'm confused (AGAIN)!

I think that the pizza dip cooks a little slower than normal because it's surrounded by the bread, and maybe because it's in a stone, sitting on top of another stone. I've done this many times - and it does work out - it's never overdone!

Oh - and I usually double the pizza dip recipe and bake it in a pie stone.

ChefBeckyD said:
I think that the pizza dip cooks a little slower than normal because it's surrounded by the bread, and maybe because it's in a stone, sitting on top of another stone. I've done this many times - and it does work out - it's never overdone!

Oh - and I usually double the pizza dip recipe and bake it in a pie stone.

OK, that clears it up! Thanks Becky! I was wondering if you double it too for the pie plate, so, thanks for answering my next question. So, here's another one... Does it then take about 30 minutes to bake or a little longer? I'm making this ahead of time (popping it in the oven when I get to the host's house), so, I'm just wondering how far ahead I need to do it.
TIA!

Oh my gosh! I made the hot pizza dip with the french bread around it last night, and it was a HUGE hit! I will never make this another way! Thanks to all who posted the ideas for it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pamperedgirl3