• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCG Barrel Cheese Grater - Is it Supposed to be Sharp? | Tips & Troubleshooting

In summary, cleaning a cheese grater involves rinsing it with warm water and dish soap, using a brush or sponge to remove stuck-on cheese, and thoroughly drying it before storing. The cheese grater is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for best results. It can also be used to grate other foods such as vegetables, chocolate, and nuts, but caution should be used and the safety guard provided should always be used. The grating size can be changed by rotating the knob on the side, and the grater is designed to be sharp and efficient, so caution should be used and the safety guard should be used to avoid cuts.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Is the DCG barrell (large one) supposed to be sharp? I just took mine out of the d/w and I can run my fingers around it and it isn't sharp (like the box grater is really sharp). Is that why it doesn't work so good maybe?

I don't remember mine being "sharp". I do love the thing though! I find it easier to grate cheese by warming cheddar cheeses in the microwave. You have to do it in pieces and right before you grate it but I do love it. It's one of the first PC items I bought.

I don't recall mine being sharp like that either.

Mine's not really sharp, either. It grates OK, but sometimes the softer-type cheese gets stuck in the drum and I have to get it out with a knife.

I made those parmesan crisps last night with it, the ones from the 29 minutes that go with the shrimp. Mmmm, made the house smell wonderful.

Hi there! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The DCG barrell is not meant to be sharp, as it is designed for grating and shredding ingredients, not for cutting. However, it should still be able to effectively grate and shred your ingredients. If you are experiencing difficulties with your DCG barrell, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance. Thank you for using our products!

1. How do I clean my cheese grater?

Cleaning your cheese grater is simple. After each use, rinse it with warm water and dish soap. Use a small brush or sponge to remove any stuck-on cheese. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing.

2. Is the cheese grater dishwasher safe?

Yes, our cheese grater is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the grater.

3. Can I grate other foods besides cheese?

Yes, our cheese grater is versatile and can be used to grate other foods such as vegetables, chocolate, and nuts. Make sure to use caution and always use the safety guard provided.

4. How do I change the grating size on the cheese grater?

To change the grating size, simply rotate the knob on the side of the grater. The smaller the number, the finer the grate will be. Make sure to adjust the grating size before use.

5. Is the cheese grater sharp?

Yes, our cheese grater is designed to be sharp and efficient. Please use caution when handling and always use the safety guard provided to avoid any accidental cuts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • its_me_susan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • Pampered Zoe