• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB at Every Show: Selling Like Hotcakes!

I am so excited about this product!Since the fall, I also have only been demo-ing the DCB, my sales have gone way, way up too!! And, I've been bringing a dessert in the trifle bowl (made the night before that I pay for) and even my trifle bowl sales have gone way up. Love it!!!Do you include shipping with the DCB Special?Yes, I include shipping with the DCB Special.
ChefMary412
Since I have decided to use the dcb at every show... not just show it, I have only had 3 shows.... well, out of those 3 shows, I have sold 15 of them. I am amazed... people just love them. As, do I!! Last show... 6 out of the 6 people there got one!! And most did the $99 bundle deal!! I am so excited.

ChefMary412 said:
Since I have decided to use the dcb at every show... not just show it, I have only had 3 shows.... well, out of those 3 shows, I have sold 15 of them. I am amazed... people just love them. As, do I!! Last show... 6 out of the 6 people there got one!! And most did the $99 bundle deal!! I am so excited.

That is FANTASTIC!

I can't believe there are people who aren't demoing the DCB....that thing is golden! For all of my new consultants, I tell them the two best things they can invest in are the DCB, and the TTA.

That is great!! I demo it at every show too but I don't get a lot of sales for it. I am not sure why. I always make the chicken or the bbq chicken sandwiches.

Awesome, showing how easy it is to use is a great way to sell it. It is all I use these days too.

ChefBeckyD said:
For all of my new consultants, I tell them the two best things they can invest in are the DCB, and the TTA.

tta?
also..what are your favorite show dcb recipes that will also show off other products?

ChefMary412 said:

What recipe(s) are you doing at your shows?

I am doing a show this Friday and will be doing the potato chowder in the DCB. Crossing fingers to sell some :)

lorilynn95 said:
tta?
also..what are your favorite show dcb recipes that will also show off other products?

Yes, TTA = Tool Turn Around. Every consultant needs one to keep all of their small tools in one place for shows!

Right now, my favorite Demo is Loaded Baked Potato Chowder w/ Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites. It's been a winner!

I wish I could demo the DCB at every show, but there are alot of microwaves out there that aren't big enough! And then there is the host that doesn't use a microwave because it "ruins the nutritional value of the food" (her words, not mine).

What is the recipe for the Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites? I hear so much about them, but don't know how to make them.

Funny--I generally sell one or two at every show, and the only thing I do is show it. I wasn't selling them, though, until I started taking them with me. If more people had microwaves big enough to accommodate it I'd sell even more.

I've had 2 hosts who booked shows and used the DCB as an excuse to convince their dh's that they just HAD to have a new microwave and 2 hosts that bought the DCB 1/2 off and intend to have a new microwave on their Christmas list. Both of these hosts, along with 3 others, have borrowed microwaves that were large enough for the night of the show. I love that DCB!

Great suggestions! I'll have to try the Potatoe Chower recipe. I hear a lot about the Garlic Parmeasan Bisquit Bites. What is the recipe? Donna

PS. Do you all add free shipping on your DCB Special or what is included in the $99?

Since the fall, I also have only been demo-ing the DCB, my sales have gone way, way up too!! And, I've been bringing a dessert in the trifle bowl (made the night before that I pay for) and even my trifle bowl sales have gone way up. Love it!!!

I use mine too & get at least 2 - 3 sold every show. I have been doing the fajitas in it & people are really wowed by the chicken in the microwave and the salad choppers ... I think if we really love it & show our enthusiasm for it, other people want it! :) I have had a couple people that have smaller microwaves and I usually have to demo something else. My director said to just use the oven, but I think that takes away from how fast it can be!I really need to get a trifle bowl - I like the idea of having a dessert in it to take to the show. :)Here is the recipe for the garlic parm biscuit bite - yummy! And great usage of the exec saucepan. I think this recipe is here under recipes too. :)
----------------------------------
1 can Grands Biscuits (8 count - any kind)
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1 Clove garlicPreheat oven to 350. Melt butter in 8" or 10" saute pan. Grate in Parmesan cheese, sprinkle in seasoning, press in garlic. Cut biscuits in to quarters, and arrange over the top of the butter mixture, then stir to coat biscuits. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Slide out onto round dots plate, pour any extra butter mixture over the top, and serve with small tongs.
------------------------
I have also made a dessert version using cinnamon plus and Sweet cinnamon sprinkle on top. :) My family loved 'em! :)

Last edited:
cookingwithdot said:
I use mine too & get at least 2 - 3 sold every show. I have been doing the fajitas in it & people are really wowed by the chicken in the microwave and the salad choppers ... I think if we really love it & show our enthusiasm for it, other people want it! :) I have had a couple people that have smaller microwaves and I usually have to demo something else. My director said to just use the oven, but I think that takes away from how fast it can be!

I really need to get a trifle bowl - I like the idea of having a dessert in it to take to the show. :)

Here is the recipe for the garlic parm biscuit bite - yummy! And great usage of the exec saucepan. I think this recipe is here under recipes too. :)
----------------------------------
1 can Grands Biscuits (8 count - any kind)
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1 Clove garlic

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in 8" or 10" saute pan. Grate in Parmesan cheese, sprinkle in seasoning, press in garlic. Cut biscuits in to quarters, and arrange over the top of the butter mixture, then stir to coat biscuits. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Slide out onto round dots plate, pour any extra butter mixture over the top, and serve with small tongs.
------------------------
I have also made a dessert version using cinnamon plus and Sweet cinnamon sprinkle on top. :) My family loved 'em! :)

I make both of these and find that if I use real butter, one stick is good, but if it is margarine the host has, less is better since it is more watery. I use at least 2 cloves of garlic.

I've been doing the fajitas at shows in the DCB, and doing a quick guacamole to go along with it, using the Mix N Chop to mash the avocado. It's a huge hit!

What are you saying to get people to purchase the DCB? I've been a consultant since March and I have yet to sell 1 of them. I let the guest know the features and benefits of owning one. I let them know what they can fix in the DCB ect...
Yes, I have talked to my Director about this.
Just need/want some other imput.
Thank you
Linda

Great topic!!!

I've sold so many of them and have 7 shows on my January calendar thus far because of the DCB! I've sold quite a few and plan to sell more! I just use it, making the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco has been a HUGE hit! I pair that with the Parm Garlic dipping sauce and some french bread and it goes over so well. Needless to say, I've sold quite a few Parm Garlic Seasonings too. I have a lady that orders one about every 2 weeks! She loves it that much!

January is Soup and Slippers parties using the DCB and making a chili or the LBPC as well.

Take it, use it, demo it and you will sell it! People may balk at the price - but when you help them realize how they spend that amount for a family of 4 at Applebees for example - they'll soon see that it is worth the investment and how quickly they can get dinner on the table!

I wonder if for the Garlic pull apart bread we should all be using the Dipping oil seasoning. I've been keeping it really simple and just doing butter, garlic and the biscuits. Maybe I'll try it with the Parmesan seasoning mix.

Chef Kearns said:
I wonder if for the Garlic pull apart bread we should all be using the Dipping oil seasoning. I've been keeping it really simple and just doing butter, garlic and the biscuits. Maybe I'll try it with the Parmesan seasoning mix.

Sandra - I've been doing just butter and a couple TBLS. of the Garlic-Parm seasoning. The biscuits are fantastic...and I think EVERYONE adds at least one container of the seasoning onto their order!

Chef Kearns said:

If you do try it, let us know how it turns out!

PamperedchefDaly said:
If you do try it, let us know how it turns out!

LOL - see my post just above yours. :D

That Parmesan Garlic Dipping Oil Seasoning makes amazing garlic monkey bread.

pampered.chris said:
What recipe(s) are you doing at your shows?

I have done the turkey tetrazzini and the choc. lava cake.. when the host already has a DCB for me to use!!
1 box choc. cake mix and ingredients all mixed together
1 can of frosting gloped on top... 11 mins. covered in microwave...
everyone loves it.

For selling the DCB, I think it's easy to sell what YOU love. :) In the beginning, I ask everyone what their favorite product is and WHY everyone else in the room NEEDS it. When it's my turn, I tell everyone how much I love it and why. Then I do a demo in it - I have been doing the fajitas since Oct, so I know them by heart, which takes a lot of the pressure off - I can focus on other things! 3 of my bookings in Jan/Feb were because of the $20 DCB Deal. People WANT it!! :) I am going to start doing the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder with Biscuit bites for Jan/Feb Shows.

mountainmama74 said:
I've been doing the fajitas at shows in the DCB, and doing a quick guacamole to go along with it, using the Mix N Chop to mash the avocado. It's a huge hit!

Everyone is talking about these fajitas. Can someone post the recipe? I am still in my first 90 days so if anyone has any tips, please feel free. I'm finding that my shows have low average sales even with high attendance. A lot of my customers order around $20. Is there an EASY way to get them to open their wallets?? Thanks in advance!:chef:

I love the idea of demonstrating the DCB at every show, but what about people with small microwaves? I have only been to one show where the mic was big enough. Is there a fast and good recipe for the DCB in the oven?

Here is the fajitas recipe - it is SOO yummy! I have gone through several of the Chipotle seasonings!Easy Southwestern Fajitas
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 sweet onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green or yellow bell pepper
1 ½ lbs. chicken tenderloins (not breaded); thawed
1 Tbsp. Chipotle seasoning
1 block cheddar cheese
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. salsa
1 bunch fresh cilantro
6-inch flour tortillas 1. Using the Silicone Pastry Brush, spread oil in the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker.
2. Using the Ultimate Mandoline, slice 1 med onion & put in the bottom of baker. slice the bell peppers into LARGE pieces using the Ultimate Mandoline; place in baker over onions.
3. Place thawed chicken tenders on top of pepper pieces. Sprinkle the Chipotle Rub over chicken using the Adjustable Measuring Spoon. Put the lid on the Deep Covered Baker & put in the Microwave for 15 minutes. (I have an older microwave, so I usually do 20 mins)
4. While it is in the Microwave, grate the block of cheese.
5. Prepare Sour cream & salsa.
6. When the timer goes off, take the Deep Covered Baker out of the Microwave using Hot Pads. IT’S VERY HOT! Remove lid carefully, HOT steam!!! Warm up the tortillas once you remove the DCB and are letting it sit. (wrap in damp towel 7 microwave for 30 sec.) Use the Salad Choppers & cut up all the peppers, onion, & chicken in the Deep Covered Baker. Use the Chef Tongs to serve with & squeeze the juice out with them!
7. Take a flour tortilla, top with chicken/onion/pepper mixture, top with cheese, sour cream, salsa, cilantro, & enjoy!

could you use the southwest seasoning instead of the chipolte?

Jen1409 said:
could you use the southwest seasoning instead of the chipolte?
Definitely! It's what I used for the fajitas before there was chipotle rub. ;)you will need to use some salt though too - because the chipotle rub has salt, but the SW seasoning doesn't.

ChefBeckyD said:
Definitely! It's what I used for the fajitas before there was chipotle rub. ;)

you will need to use some salt though too - because the chipotle rub has salt, but the SW seasoning doesn't.

I wasn't aware of that! What a great selling point for salt-free diets! I will definitely make mention of that.

1PamperedMommy said:
I love the idea of demonstrating the DCB at every show, but what about people with small microwaves? I have only been to one show where the mic was big enough. Is there a fast and good recipe for the DCB in the oven?

this is my concern, too.. as I know the host in late Jan. does not have a large. microwave. I do not at home, so all my meals are oven made.... I wonder if it will have the same "WOW" factor in the oven.

For smaller microwaves, you can either take the turning tray out OR I was told you could do it in the oven & just cook for 30 mins. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Chipotle Rub - something in it that makes everything so yummy! Have you made South of the Border Meatloaf! Me & my family LOVE it! Haven't made it for a show, but before I was a consultant, the consultant for the party I had made it. I have gone through 3 of the Chipotle rubs and more is on my Jan supply order! :)

Do you guys have a favorite recipe for the DCB that DOESN'T use the microwave? I personally don't have a microwave that's big enough for it and I know many others don't either. I just don't want to promise someone a microwave recipe and then get there and find out her microwave is too small, but I still really want to demo the DCB.

ChefBeckyD said:
Definitely! It's what I used for the fajitas before there was chipotle rub. ;)

you will need to use some salt though too - because the chipotle rub has salt, but the SW seasoning doesn't.

I had no idea the SW doesn't have salt, good to know

Jen1409 said:
I had no idea the SW doesn't have salt, good to know

Neither does the Dill Mix, or the Italian Seasoning...or the Rosemary Herb (I think...)
Big plus for people wanting lots of flavor, but limited on salt intake.

mountainmama74 said:

How do you make the guacamole... I love it and so does my 2 year old but i am clueless on how to make it..

ChefBeckyD said:
Neither does the Dill Mix, or the Italian Seasoning...or the Rosemary Herb (I think...)
Big plus for people wanting lots of flavor, but limited on salt intake.

On this file that I found on here, it says the SW has salt in it

Attachments

• Pampered Pantry Ingredient Info[1].doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 409
I have done several parties demoing the DCB. I have done the Grilled Chicken Penne Alfresco and Loaded Baked Potato Chowder. I agree that when people see if and how easy it is to use, that it sells itself.

Anyone have a good brunch recipe for the DCB?

I too would love the gaucamole recipe.

What is the $99 Bundle???
I have a party next weekend and would love to show case this.
I L♥VE my DCB :)
It's the hubbys that need convincing - for us I cooked a whole chicken (which was a hug bird and takes longer than 30 minutes) But I put a cup of carrots, celery and potatoes around it and he totally loved it - I use the left overs for lunch wrapped in a Tofuyana wrap :)

I love the dcb also! Whenever I do a show at someone's house who already has one, I do a main dish and then we do the lava cake in their dcb. I let guests do pecans/almonds with the garlic slicer and/or chopper. Shows those items off and then we put them in the bamboo bowls and use the little spoons to serve.

I am curious as to the $99 bundle also. :eek:)

As for convincing men and microwaves, my husband is a HUGE meat eater and is NOT a fan of food in the micro. I did the ribs in the dcb making sure to do them as stated in the recipe in the grill pan and they were SOOOO good. Hubby even did a batch at the same time but on the GF grill and we both preferred the dcb ribs by a landslide! They were really easy and very tasty/tender!

If you look in the files, you'll see the $99 bundle flyers that some of us have made. Let me know if you'd like me to send you the one I use. :)

ChefMary412 said:

can you still do this $99 special? ( Like, as of January 2010 ). I just want to know if I can promote it on my next show on Friday.

TheFreddiesCook said:
can you still do this $99 special? ( Like, as of January 2010 ). I just want to know if I can promote it on my next show on Friday.

If I stated anything incorrectly here please someone correct me!

The $99 special is a package of items selected by the individual consultant they personally sell for $99.

I have seen several different packages that include a spice, pot holder, digital thermometer, cookbook, etc. Most of the packages actual cost is about $105-$110 so there is a savings to the guest to buy the package, and they would receive the guest special freebie as well (usually about $10 value). You can find flyers others have created for these packages by going to the 'files' section and searching for $99 special or DCB package.

When you sell the package you have to adjust for it in the P3 when putting in the order, the cost difference you put in as 'consultant gift' as payment. As a consultant you will get aprox. $20 (minimum) for the sale in commission, figure 5-10 of that is gifted you still have 10-15 in commission left. IF you sell just the DCB your commission is about $14.

As you can see there isn't really much difference monatarily speaking, but by selling the package you have added about 30 points towards the trip incentive goal! An extra 30 points add up very quickly over the course of a month or two.

Great point about the points! In my folders I give guests, I have a slip cover with my special flyer inside it. I hope to see the benefits of this in upcoming shows.

I went to check out the $99 DCb flyers. I love it, thanks!

BUT Has anyone had the problem of the customers wanting to exchange or substitute whatever item? I would tell them the deal is whatever is on the flyer but if they want something different along then they could add it but no substitutions.

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is a DCB and how does it work?</h2><p>A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware baking dish specifically designed for use in the microwave, oven, and freezer. It works by evenly distributing heat and allowing food to cook or bake thoroughly without drying out.</p><h2>2. How is using a DCB different from other baking dishes?</h2><p>The unique design of the DCB allows for even heat distribution, resulting in perfectly cooked food every time. It also helps to retain moisture, keeping food from drying out and producing tender, juicy results.</p><h2>3. What types of dishes can be made in a DCB?</h2><p>The DCB can be used for a variety of dishes, from casseroles and roasts to desserts and bread. It is also great for reheating leftovers or making one-pot meals.</p><h2>4. Can the DCB be used in both the microwave and oven?</h2><p>Yes, the DCB is safe to use in both the microwave and oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also safe to use in the freezer.</p><h2>5. How do I care for and clean my DCB?</h2><p>The DCB is dishwasher safe, but can also be hand-washed with warm, soapy water. It is important to avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware surface and to properly dry it before storing.</p>

1. What is a DCB and how does it work?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware baking dish specifically designed for use in the microwave, oven, and freezer. It works by evenly distributing heat and allowing food to cook or bake thoroughly without drying out.

2. How is using a DCB different from other baking dishes?

The unique design of the DCB allows for even heat distribution, resulting in perfectly cooked food every time. It also helps to retain moisture, keeping food from drying out and producing tender, juicy results.

3. What types of dishes can be made in a DCB?

The DCB can be used for a variety of dishes, from casseroles and roasts to desserts and bread. It is also great for reheating leftovers or making one-pot meals.

4. Can the DCB be used in both the microwave and oven?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in both the microwave and oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also safe to use in the freezer.

5. How do I care for and clean my DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but can also be hand-washed with warm, soapy water. It is important to avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware surface and to properly dry it before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • chefliz