• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB and small microwave

PamperedchefDaly

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2008
The menu is set--Mexican Chicken Lasagna. The invitation flyers are out for a Mexican Fiesta. Guests are promised "a budget-friendly recipe for a quick dinner".

So I went to my friend's new house yesterday and while I was there checked out the gorgeous kitchen. Then I noticed the microwave. I measured it--12x12x8! Oh no! The DCB is 12 inches! Any thoughts? (Using the regular oven is OUT, since it's July and she doesn't have air conditioning)

PamperedchefDaly

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2008
Ugh! I thought of that. Mine is really big (1300 watts). It may come down to that! At least I would know how it cooks. I hate surprises when I go to a host's house, and their microwave is different than mine.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
It's surprising that a brand new kitchen would have a tiny microwave! That's too bad. Hopefully you can manage bringing your own. Best of luck!

Another food option could be to make the layered Southwestern salad in the Trifle bowl.

flemings99

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007
How about the beef enchilada casserole, 29 min. to dinner cookbook. I've made it at shows several times & always goes over well. Pg. 81

PM me if you don't have the recipe and I'll post it. Uses the deep dish baker and would fit in the micro.

flemings99

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007
Haven't made it, but Mexcian Sausage Skillet would also work 29 min. vol. 2 pg 97

Chicken Chilaquiles with Manchego Cheese pg 13, stovetop cheese enchiladas pg. 19, Latin Flavor cookbook

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
How about the beef enchilada casserole, 29 min. to dinner cookbook. I've made it at shows several times & always goes over well. Pg. 81

PM me if you don't have the recipe and I'll post it. Uses the deep dish baker and would fit in the micro.

Yes, many of my hosts have microwaves that would not fit the DCB (I don't even offer it to avoid the hassle)...

I agree, the Beef Enchilada Casserole is really good and everyone always loves it. And it uses the Deep Dish Baker.

Another suggestion - the Skillet Lasagna cooks on the stove (no oven) and is also in 29 Min to Dinner V1.

Good Luck!

MLinAZ

Gold Member
May 7, 2009
What if you just made it and brought it and then demoed something else (quick and easy to go with it, or a dessert)?

So far the only time I have actually sold the DCB is the show that I made it ahead of time and took it with me! LOL (it was held at a place with no kitchen) Otherwise everyone wants it but hasn't purchased it. Of course I've only done 4 cooking shows so far, so it's probably just coincidence, but hey, you never know!

PamperedchefDaly

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2008
These are great ideas! Thank you so much. I lifted my microwave about 1" inch this morning, and really wasn't looking forward to lugging it to my friend's house. I take enough luggage as it is!

I can't wait to try these recipes and see which one I like the best.