• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DC Residents Deserve Representation in Consultant Directory

I think it needs to be a choice!In summary, the conversation discusses the frustration of not having Washington D.C. listed as an option for the consultant directory. The participants mention debates over whether D.C. should be considered its own state and the confusion of it being listed under Virginia. They also address the gendered language used in marketing materials and the uniqueness of D.C. as its own separate entity. Overall, there is a desire for D.C. to be recognized and included as a separate option in the directory.
leftymac
Okay, so I know we're *technically* not a state, but why isn't DC even listed as an option for the Consultant directory? I just added my name to it and I had to choose VA even though I live in DC proper. :(

Don't know? PM Admin Greg on that one...

Hmm. I thought you meant the PC website. DC should be an option either way. I used to live in Northern Virginia and DC might as well be it's own state.

Not to shoot you down but to the rest of the country, it's just the capital, not it's own state. I know there has been much debate on actually making DC a state which I have no problems with but for right now it's not.

that's very matter of fact wadesgirl! I just laughed! Thanks! ;)

vwpamperedchef said:
that's very matter of fact wadesgirl! I just laughed! Thanks! ;)
I don't want to be at work today, guess I just have a crappy attitude today. And I'm just stating the truth, to the rest of the country, it's just the capital of the United States that just happens to be in Virginia.

Nothing against you Keith!

It might not be it's own state, but it is not in another state, so it needs to be a choice. It's its own district, it is not included as a city, town, etc. in any other state. I think it needs to be a choice!

wadesgirl said:
I don't want to be at work today, guess I just have a crappy attitude today. And I'm just stating the truth, to the rest of the country, it's just the capital of the United States that just happens to be in Virginia.

Nothing against you Keith!

It's not in Virginia. It's near Virginia.

I just *love* how the hosts and consultants are referred to as her in our marketing materials. Kieth--Don't take it personal!! Most host are women-Don't read into it--We love when men are consultants too---Welcome!!!

pamperedposey said:
It's not in Virginia. It's near Virginia.
Then where is it? Isn't it in an actual state? Maybe it's just my midwest upbringing, they never taught us any different.

I wasn't trying to start an arguement but to me it would be like someone from Hawaii trying to get Hawaii listed as the seperate islands so no one confuses which island they are on. Or wanting New York City seperate because it's so big.

MORFIA said:
I just *love* how the hosts and consultants are referred to as her in our marketing materials.

Kieth--Don't take it personal!! Most host are women-Don't read into it--We love when men are consultants too---Welcome!!!
By the way, one of my best hosts is a guy! He loves the products and has had 2 $1100 shows for me - one a catalog show. He won't sign though so I'll keep him as a customer.

MORFIA said:
I just *love* how the hosts and consultants are referred to as her in our marketing materials.

Kieth--Don't take it personal!! Most host are women-Don't read into it--We love when men are consultants too---Welcome!!!
Kieth, think of it like when everything in books said "he" meaning humanity and included women. No harm meant and we (women) sure do understand your irritation! :p

BethCooks4U said:
Kieth, think of it like when everything in books said "he" meaning humanity and included women. No harm meant and we (women) sure do understand your irritation! :p
Or the word mankind means men and women.

wadesgirl said:
Then where is it? Isn't it in an actual state? Maybe it's just my midwest upbringing, they never taught us any different.

I wasn't trying to start an arguement but to me it would be like someone from Hawaii trying to get Hawaii listed as the seperate islands so no one confuses which island they are on. Or wanting New York City seperate because it's so big.

It is in between MD and VA. We are our own entity, with our own government. The Governor of VA has nothing to do with DC. We have our own tax rate, too. Therefore, it's different from your comparisons of NYC and HI. And for a lot of people who live in DC, VA is like another country! (not for me)

And it should be an option because if someone is looking for a consultant in DC, they should be able to find him/her without looking through all of VA's.

I'm certainly not offended by anything you said. :)

BethCooks4U said:

My signature is all in gest -- I'm not offended! I'm used to it. I do PC, and I'm a high school French teacher. Both are fields usually populated by women!

leftymac said:
It is in between MD and VA. We are our own entity, with our own government. The Governor of VA has nothing to do with DC. We have our own tax rate, too. Therefore, it's different from your comparisons of NYC and HI. And for a lot of people who live in DC, VA is like another country! (not for me)

And it should be an option because if someone is looking for a consultant in DC, they should be able to find him/her without looking through all of VA's.

I'm certainly not offended by anything you said. :)
You learn something every day. I always thought DC was a part of Virginia. Just curious what you put as a mailing address? Does it show up as Washington, DC 55555?

I think everyone, even the guys, would get tired of reading "he or she" throughout all of the materials. It would get old quick.

It's like that on those baby sites too. When you put in your due date and they tell you what's happening with the baby that week. They always pick one gender and stick with it for the week. It's just easier to read. I know it's not the same thing, but that's what came to mind.

wadesgirl said:

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound harsh...was just clarifying. I used to live in Virginia and DC is just a totally different place. They don't have VA drivers license or vote in VA like he said.

leftymac said:
My signature is all in gest -- I'm not offended! I'm used to it. I do PC, and I'm a high school French teacher. Both are fields usually populated by women!
I sort of liked your first signature better - even though it probably would have stirred up a debate on here!

Since having my guy host I really try to use the word host more often than hostess. And I really do try to get guys to my shows but women are just so used to inviting women to these kind of parties. My guy host did have a couple's party and alot of the men from his work placed large orders.

By the way, good luck in the business!

I grew up being told it was part of Maryland.

pamperedposey said:
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound harsh...was just clarifying. I used to live in Virginia and DC is just a totally different place. They don't have VA drivers license or vote in VA like he said.
No offense, just made me more curisous cause apparently I have no clue! Then again like I said, might be my midwest upbringing. I've never been to the east coast although it's one place I would love to travel to.

climbercanoe3 said:
I grew up being told it was part of Maryland.
Maybe it was Maryland I was taught growing up. Now I think I'm totally confused. :cry:

Hee hee. Silly midwesterners. Making me wonder what things we silly east-coasters think that are totally wrong.DC have their own drivers licenses, their own license plates, own flag, own seal, own motto (which based on their license plates I think is "Taxation without Representation" alluding to the fact that they don't have congressional representation) . . . they're more like Puerto Rico as far as statehood goes than anything, in my understanding. It is by design not a part of any state, so that no state may boast it and get undue influence.Just to add more confusion, the Pentagon is across the river in Virginia.Can you tell my dad thought Washington DC was a great biannual family vacation? I would have rather gone to Disneyworld more often, personally.

KateD said:
Hee hee. Silly midwesterners. Making me wonder what things we silly east-coasters think that are totally wrong.

DC have their own drivers licenses, their own license plates, own flag, own seal, own motto (which based on their license plates I think is "Taxation without Representation" alluding to the fact that they don't have congressional representation) . . . they're more like Puerto Rico as far as statehood goes than anything, in my understanding. It is by design not a part of any state, so that no state may boast it and get undue influence.

Just to add more confusion, the Pentagon is across the river in Virginia.

Can you tell my dad thought Washington DC was a great biannual family vacation? I would have rather gone to Disneyworld more often, personally.

I would rather go to Disney too, but I do miss the night clubs! :p

wadesgirl said:
You learn something every day. I always thought DC was a part of Virginia. Just curious what you put as a mailing address? Does it show up as Washington, DC 55555?

You got it!

wadesgirl said:
I sort of liked your first signature better - even though it probably would have stirred up a debate on here!

Since having my guy host I really try to use the word host more often than hostess. And I really do try to get guys to my shows but women are just so used to inviting women to these kind of parties. My guy host did have a couple's party and alot of the men from his work placed large orders.

By the way, good luck in the business!

Thanks! It did get a few laughs. I'll change it back later today!

leftymac said:
Just watch out, certain things like the cause drama on here!

Again, you learn something new every day. I didn't know all that.

leftymac said:

I liked it too. It made me laugh. People who don't like it can get over it. :p

wadesgirl said:
Just watch out, certain things like the cause drama on here!

Again, you learn something new every day. I didn't know all that.

For real. I've already caused enough drama with this whole DC thing. If I don't watch it, I'm bound to get kicked out. ;)

leftymac said:
For real. I've already caused enough drama with this whole DC thing. If I don't watch it, I'm bound to get kicked out. ;)
I won't kick you out!

wadesgirl said:
Maybe it was Maryland I was taught growing up. Now I think I'm totally confused. :cry:

No, I remember being taught that part of DC was in Virginia, and the other part was in Maryland.......this has been an educational thread for me!

ChefBeckyD said:
No, I remember being taught that part of DC was in Virginia, and the other part was in Maryland.......this has been an educational thread for me!

Part of VA (what is now Arlington County) used to be part of DC - it was given to VA for some reason a while back. If you look at an older map, you'll see DC was diamond-shaped and the territory crossed over the Potomac. Now, DC's southern border is the Potomac.

Nice signature!

leftymac said:

You think THIS is drama? HA! You obviously haven't been around here long enough - or just lucky enough to enjoy the really dramatic threads.

And I liked your first signature better than the DC or blank one... sometimes it's fun to ruffle feathers, then sit back and watch the fireworks.

/Not that I have ever done such a thing... nope, not me... at least not that you can prove:D

katie0128 said:
You think THIS is drama? HA! You obviously haven't been around here long enough - or just lucky enough to enjoy the really dramatic threads.

And I liked your first signature better than the DC or blank one... sometimes it's fun to ruffle feathers, then sit back and watch the fireworks.

/Not that I have ever done such a thing... nope, not me... at least not that you can prove:D
Come on we all know you are a trouble maker!

Wait, apparently it's me, I'm the one that was questioning the whole DC thing!:eek:

It's a conspiracy, I tell you... You and Keith need a time-out... go on... off to your corners to think about what you have done.

katie0128 said:
It's a conspiracy, I tell you... You and Keith need a time-out... go on... off to your corners to think about what you have done.
If this thread is the major drama today then I need a life!

Related to DC Residents Deserve Representation in Consultant Directory

1. Why isn't Washington D.C. listed as an option in the Consultant directory?

As a company, Pampered Chef bases the options for its Consultant directory on the states and territories recognized by the United States government. Currently, Washington D.C. is not recognized as a state or territory, which is why it is not listed as an option in the directory.

2. Can I still add my name to the Consultant directory if I live in D.C.?

Yes, you can still add your name to the directory if you live in Washington D.C. While it may not be listed as an option, you can choose the closest state or territory to your location and add a note in your profile stating that you are a D.C. resident.

3. Will there be an option for Washington D.C. in the future?

At this time, there are no plans to add Washington D.C. as an option in the Consultant directory. However, Pampered Chef is always open to feedback and suggestions from our consultants, so we recommend reaching out to our customer service team with your request.

4. Is there a specific reason why Washington D.C. is not listed as an option?

The decision to base the Consultant directory options on recognized states and territories is a company-wide policy. This allows for consistency and accuracy in the directory for all consultants and customers.

5. Can I still market myself as a Pampered Chef consultant in D.C.?

Yes, you can still market yourself as a Pampered Chef consultant in Washington D.C. even if it is not listed as an option in the directory. You can include it in your marketing materials and social media platforms, and also mention it to potential customers during parties or events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
tx_deputyswife
  • pamperedpsalmstress
  • General Chat